Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7626 Old 12th May 2012 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Actually, if you go back aways in this very thread, you'll find the advice I got on this subject.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...219#post3840219

You can do it with SimBlender from inside the game, or from SimPE with the game off, which is what I did.

Thank you I was actually about to search for that thread.

And good news! I've tracked down my issue of cats/dogs not aging to a conflicting hack.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7627 Old 13th May 2012 at 11:26 AM
I'm guessing the answer is NO, but I want to check anyway - can I somehow replace my existing Downtown with a cleaned up one? I downloaded meetmetotheriver's cleaned up hoods and made an uberhood in Strangetown, but silly me didn't download the cleaned up Downtown at the same time because I was in a hurry to play.
Site Helper
#7628 Old 14th May 2012 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 14th May 2012 at 2:25 AM.
Do you want to replace a Downtown which has already been attached to your primary neighborhood? If so, the answer is no, you can't. All of those excess downtownies are already a part of your neighborhood and you'd have to delete them individually using the Deleted 2 method from MATY:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6205.0.html
Mad Poster
#7629 Old 14th May 2012 at 7:52 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 14th May 2012 at 3:21 PM.
I thought that would be the case. A tiny part of me hoped that if it included the same characters, I could just swap them over, but of course, it would've spawned a whole bunch of unique ones too. Ah well, I'll carry on with it.

ETA: I was wrong, I haven't added a Downtown yet, I added a vacation subhood. I assume I can't swap that either, yes?
Site Helper
#7630 Old 14th May 2012 at 5:29 PM
That's right. Once any subhood has been added to your neighborhood, the sims in that subhood are a part of your neighborhood and cannot easily be removed.
Mad Poster
#7631 Old 14th May 2012 at 7:07 PM
I suspected as much. Ah well, I'm way too lazy to go and delete them all properly, so they get to live.
Alchemist
#7632 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:07 AM
Is there a way to extend the floor grid? I'm trying to build a house where the second floor extends several tiles over the first floor, but I don't want to use columns to support the upper level.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7633 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:54 AM
You simply place the columns, build your second floor to where you want and then remove the columns.

What happens if you delete a sub hood? One time I had a sim stuck on a vacation lot and the only way I could figure out getting him back was to delete the sub vacation hood.
Mad Poster
#7634 Old 15th May 2012 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What happens if you delete a sub hood? One time I had a sim stuck on a vacation lot and the only way I could figure out getting him back was to delete the sub vacation hood.

I'm guessing: certain doom.
Alchemist
#7635 Old 15th May 2012 at 4:43 PM
You simply place the columns, build your second floor to where you want and then remove the columns.
Thanks, but is there another way? I should have mentioned this before, but the game won't let me place temporary support columns, because of the way the first floor is designed - on a foundation and completely in the ground. The roof first floor is flush with the top of the ground, so half of the second floor can rest on the first floor and half on the ground. Placing a column just spits out errors about not being able to level terrain or place it on a slope and unconstraining the floor elevation warps everything.
Mad Poster
#7636 Old 15th May 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Thanks, but is there another way? I should have mentioned this before, but the game won't let me place temporary support columns, because of the way the first floor is designed - on a foundation and completely in the ground. The roof first floor is flush with the top of the ground, so half of the second floor can rest on the first floor and half on the ground. Placing a column just spits out errors about not being able to level terrain or place it on a slope and unconstraining the floor elevation warps everything.

Have you tried moving ground out of the way? You'll probably also want these: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313232 or these: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=453687 if you haven't already got them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#7637 Old 15th May 2012 at 5:15 PM
Thanks for the links. I didn't have those. Yes, I've tried playing around with moving the ground. I've been thinking about it and think toggling the cfe on and off and deleting and replacing the things it warps might work.
Instructor
#7638 Old 15th May 2012 at 5:27 PM
Having to make supports is a silly limitation. Omglo anything that warps can always be flattened out.
Field Researcher
#7639 Old 15th May 2012 at 5:55 PM
One of my sims keeps bringing a child home from work. This happens every day, and it happened before when she was in a different career. Is this just a sign of general borkage (I've heading for a complete hood implosion at sometime due to all the VBTs I've done, but I was hoping it was quite far away) or is it more likely to be a specific problem I can fix?
Mad Poster
#7640 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:22 PM
Is it always the same child?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7641 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:53 PM
I had the bring a townie child home as a result of the Freetime hobby chance cards. Not sure if that helps or not--the child always got stuck in the foundation under the elevator shaft, apparently something in the Captain Hero flying home from work code just couldn't deal with the situation.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#7642 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:00 PM
Peni, yes it's always the same child, a townie child whose name I can't remember.
Forum Resident
#7643 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:03 PM
If it's the same child every time, and it started to occur after the game gave you a FT hobby chance card and said your sim will bring a friend home, then it's an annoyance but not game breaking -- I used to have times when a sim would continually bring the paper boy or girl home every single day. Cyjon's Hobby Friend Sanity should help as it'll force sims to bring hobby friends home who are of the same age group.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#7644 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:48 PM

You can safely delete subhoods at will, as long as it's not the last of its kind. If you only have one vacation 'hood, simply add another, then delete the one with stuck sims.
Mad Poster
#7645 Old 16th May 2012 at 1:04 AM
I tend to Ignore hobby chance cards. Especially since they can get your Sim in trouble on the job.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#7646 Old 16th May 2012 at 1:22 AM
Does the chance card perk (I forget the name, the one where your chance cards have an 80% chance of being right) also affect the hobby chance cards? Or just the career ones?
Field Researcher
#7647 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:06 PM
I sent a teenage sim to a community lot to check out potential matches as he'd rolled a want for his first kiss. I knew he already had double-bolt chemistry with his brother's girlfriend, and his almost-cousin, who were both at the community lot, and somehow, although he never interacted with either of them, this went up to triple-bolt with both of them. He also checked out two townie girls and had triple-bolts with both of them. I took a look his and one of the townie's (Sophie Miguel) turn ons and turn offs, and found that he hits neither of her turns on but hits her turn off, and she hits neither of his turn ons. Is this something to worry about, or am I just lucky he has so many potential matches? His star sign's Taurus, if that helps (I've never understood how star signs influence attractions).
Mad Poster
#7648 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:23 PM
A combination of mutually compatible zodiac signs and mutually compatible aspirations can easily result in a three-bolt attraction regardless of turn-ons/turn-offs.
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=177

Those charts from the official BBS have always been enough for me to predict and explain to my own satisfaction why a given couple has the number of bolts they do, but it's supposedly more complicated than that. Cyjon did a study that can tell you more.
http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/86
Mad Poster
#7649 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:45 PM
When you see boltage go up during the course of play, it either means a conditional turn-on got activated or that a relationship score passed an important threshhold. Turn-ons and turn-offs matter most when the relationship is relatively low and of short duration. My favorite couple, one-bolter best friends who stymied my attempts to set them up with other people, recently turned into three-bolters after several years of marriage, although way back in the beginning in order for him to get any wants toward her less chaste than classic dancing I had to put some jewelry and cologne on her to activate his turn-ons. But he ran away from other potential matches, gravitated toward her when uncontrolled, and regularly replaced fulfilled wants to buy things with wants to interact with her. Including giving her gifts - presumably the things he'd just bought. Poor guy was crazy in love, but impotent. One of the advantages of being a sim is that that difficulty goes away with age and use.

Anyway, just be glad he's got so many potential matches, and keep him away from the girlfriend and almost-cousin unless you want DRAAAAMA. And study Cyjon's helpful guide, but don't let it constrain you. Unlikely matches are often the most fun.

If you played Sims1, the starsign attractions are almost identical and I still automatically look at them first. The strongest pairings are Aries/Taurus; Aquarius/Capricorn; and Pisces/Gemini or Scorpio. The other star signs don't get such neat pairings. Aries is a bear to match up if you can't get a Taurus. Virgo isn't much easier - I used to match them up with Libras in Sims1 routinely, but even that was tough. Cancer is a mellow sign and can make almost any match. Sagitarrians and Leos are generally easier to place in Sims2 than they used to be in Sims1, probably because of the additional mechanics. In fact Cyjon says Sagitarrians are the sexiest sign, and my experience would bear him out. Pisces seems to be harder to match up than it used to be, but maybe that's because my Geminis and Scorpios have more options these days.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#7650 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:07 PM Last edited by NatteryakToad : 16th May 2012 at 9:32 PM.
Wow, so many of my couples really shouldn't work, but they do... although I suppose that does explain why I don't have many triple bolters.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
keep him away from the girlfriend and almost-cousin unless you want DRAAAAMA.

I intend to. His brother's girlfriend is Ginger Newson, and I figure she deserves to be happy after how hard she's had to work to keep her family together. Especially now that Gavin has depression (otherwise known as aspiration failure).

As for the almost-cousin, she's not his cousin, but she's about the only playable she's not related to, and they share mutual cousins (her dad's sister is married to his mum's brother, her dad's other sister is married to his dad's brother, ect) so I figure getting them more interrelated can only be a bad thing. Unfortunately, they keep rolling wants to do with each other, including his "Ask Adah on a date" want.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 306 of 1000