Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#17301 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:40 PM
Gazania, thanks for the reply! No, I should have been clearer: I can't play Dbl Deluxe anymore, I can only play UC. But all my custom content is attached to Dbl Deluxe on my C drive and I can't seem to get any custom content to work on my E drive. Which means I can play UC, but without any custom content at all!

I have no idea how to fix this problem. Should I simply uninstall Dbl Deluxe from my C drive and uninstall all my CC? Would that help? I don't even care about transferring my CC over from one drive to the other, I'll just start collecting it again. Transferring sounds like too technical a procedure for me, and collecting CC is fun anyways.

Any advice you have will be appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17302 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:46 PM
The technical guide to transferring CC:

Select Downloads folder.
Cut/Copy Downloads folder.
Navigate to new location (external drive, E drive, whatever)
Paste Downloads folder.

A few bits and pieces may be lost to replicative failure or some such, but if those bits and pieces are important to you, you'll soon fix them.

Don't forget you may have mods (like Scriptorium, camera mods, some people have separate Walls and Floors folders) that aren't in the Downloads and may have to be copy/pasted in the same way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#17303 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It's a face template I suppose I could put the default versions in, make a Sim, and then try to make a template out of that, but then I'd need a tutorial on how to make a face template that isn't default.

I made face templates. Custom face templates, which replaced the Maxis templates. So I suppose they are "default".
If someone has made "Non-default" face templates, I imagine they would show up after the 27 standard face templates. Instead of replacing them.
So you would have 28 or even more face templates to choose between. In CAS and Body shop.

At them same time I don't see why that would be necessary. Because if you have a sim in the Sim Bin, you can clone him/her and change the gender and age and hair color and anything you want. So there is nothing you can do with a face template, which you can not also do with a Cloned sim in the Sim bin.

Except "Randomize". Also, if you place custom face templates in the Sim Bin, the game will automatically use those templates to make new townies and so on.
That is what templates are good for. If you see what I mean.
But if you just want to use a particular face geometry there is no need to make a template.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#17304 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:45 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but if I'm looking for a way to do something, it's because I want to do it. I get that you see no use for it, but I do, which is why I'm trying to find out how it's done. Sim panel and face templates are two different things for me, and I use them differently. Which is why I don't want to mix the two.
Instructor
#17305 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:09 PM
Yes no problem... If i remember correctly, the facial template had two parts, the Facial Geometry and the (Low Definition) Face Geometry. You would need to extract them. In SimPE.
Then you could download a Non Default Face Template and replace the Facial Geometry and the (Low Definition) Facial Geometry
with the ones you had extracted from your Default Face Template. Also in SimPE.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#17306 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:14 PM
Thanks, that's helpful. Good idea to start with a non-default and try to replace those (defaulting the non defaults xD). I'll see if I can figure it out when I have a spare moment. I like my defaults, but I saw a few really nice faces for males out there, and I'd like to complement my current setup with them. My hood could do with a few less weird looking dudes.
Instructor
#17307 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanon
The blender doesn't clash with inteen. TJ says that explicitly and lots of people use both.

I realized this while sitting in Physics today. My bad.
(Thankfully, this thread is for stupid questions.)

Mods aren't my specialty in the slightest. I can't tell you the number of back ups on one hand that I've had to use because I've gone and tried something stupid.
Can't wait to stick with CC.
Inventor
#17308 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:42 AM
This is a stupid question regarding TS2 Pets. I want one of my families to get a dog, but I didn't like any of the ones shown from the Pet Adoption Service screen (from the phone). Thus, I would like to create one using some of the excellent CC on this site. How do I go about creating this dog and putting the dog into the family I want it in?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Mad Poster
#17309 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:19 AM
If you go to a pet shop and adopt rather than using the phone service then you can make your dog look however you want.
Scholar
#17310 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:07 AM
How do solar panels work?
I thought they brought in a revenue... but I did not get any § sign or was not notified by any popup message.
Did I get it wrong and they are just decorative?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17311 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:58 AM
They lower the bills and if you have enough on the lot the bills will turn into cheque's. (It appears spell check doesn't like that, it's apparently called check in the US?)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17312 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:10 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

And do you have any idea of how much each solar panel lowers the bills? A fixed amount per panel or a % of lot value, etc.?
Windmills would work the same way but with a higher revenue, I assume...
Field Researcher
#17313 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:07 AM
I resturrected the Tricous through Resurrect-O-Nomitron, all of them. One of the couples (I forgot which one, but it's not the elders - those are definitely fine) have a relatively good relationship and they only have options to family kiss, friendly hug, etc. but no romantic interacions possible. They show fine in family tree and relationship panel (married, and no other family relations or anything) and they even have wants too woohoo... But they can't perform romantic interactions. I'm confused, am I doing something wrong? Even if they're not in love anymore, shouldn't they at least get options to flirt, and possibly some easy romantic ones like romantic hug and some kisses?
Theorist
#17314 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
This is a stupid question regarding TS2 Pets. I want one of my families to get a dog, but I didn't like any of the ones shown from the Pet Adoption Service screen (from the phone). Thus, I would like to create one using some of the excellent CC on this site. How do I go about creating this dog and putting the dog into the family I want it in?

You can also create the dog as its own family in CAS (no humans needed) and then merge it into the family from the Sim Bin. If you do it that way, I believe the dog brings about $100 to the family.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#17315 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:49 AM
The dog will bring £0. But yes you can absolutely merge them this way and that's how I usually create pets.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#17316 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:06 PM
Whoops, my bad. The Crittur family (the stray dogs from Pets) comes with about $100, so I figured they all did. The programmers must have cheated them a bit of money so the players could buy food dishes and stuff. Thanks for setting me straight!

Mad Poster
#17317 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:56 PM Last edited by marka93 : 3rd Oct 2014 at 3:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I thought they brought in a revenue... but I did not get any § sign or was not notified by any popup message.

Thanks for the quick reply!

And do you have any idea of how much each solar panel lowers the bills? A fixed amount per panel or a % of lot value, etc.?
Windmills would work the same way but with a higher revenue, I assume...

It normally tells you when you either get the bills or when you pay the bills, (I forget which).

It takes 10 double wide solar panels for the Goths house to make money from solar panels. (If I remember right each one brings in about 50$ each for the double wide solar panels.)
I have never used the windmills because the solar panels goes on the roof and they disappear when you have the roofs down.

ADD: The double wide needs flat roof or flat area and the single wide can go on all roof type.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17318 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
I resturrected the Tricous through Resurrect-O-Nomitron, all of them. One of the couples (I forgot which one, but it's not the elders - those are definitely fine) have a relatively good relationship and they only have options to family kiss, friendly hug, etc. but no romantic interacions possible. They show fine in family tree and relationship panel (married, and no other family relations or anything) and they even have wants too woohoo... But they can't perform romantic interactions. I'm confused, am I doing something wrong? Even if they're not in love anymore, shouldn't they at least get options to flirt, and possibly some easy romantic ones like romantic hug and some kisses?

In hood view type in the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat then enter the house.
select one of the 2 sims that you want the relationship with and shift click on the mailbox and select "have pregnancy relationship" with and select the sim you want.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#17319 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:24 PM
i've never been able to put a solar panel on the roof. The single-tile ones go on porches or patios, and the double-tile ones go into the yard. Not having anything nearly as elaborate as the Goth house, one or two panels are generally enough to generate small amounts of money on bill day, something under $50.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#17320 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM
Just wondering Which Sims run around the most?
Like for example I command two sims to walk someplace and one will actually walk
the other will run almost always.
I've noticed this for a long time, sims who run everywhere but never came to a reason until la.st night
The sim who runs is pretty active in personalilty, is this something that happens in all really active sims?

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Theorist
#17321 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:24 PM
Yep.

Mad Poster
#17322 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:24 PM
I doubt whether this is possible, since I've never seen it on even lots uploaded by people who have mastered every building cheat imaginable, but is there any way to create a functional diagonal staircase (either modular or solid)?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#17323 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:01 PM
[QUOTE=Vixxen]I resturrected the Tricous QUOTE]

Your problem is NORMAL for them; some of them even hate each other! SimBlender can change relationship (how well they know each other, and how they are related); but it may not fix their irritation.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#17324 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:38 PM
@grammapat No, the problem is not normal because EA set the wrong flags on them and they need to be fixed, I think meetme2theriver fixed this but I am not sure http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Top Secret Researcher
#17325 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura

When I first started playing I always forgot about checking the mailbox for bills, and it really got old fast seeing that repo man. So now every home I build has the double solar panel. But now I rarely see the mail person.

When I create a family, I place them in an apartment building, long enough to do the motherlode cheat enough times to give them the funds of the home I want them to buy. This is the only time I use the money cheat and only enough times to buy the home. So if they only have 2 simoleons or 20,000 simoleons left after buying the house, this is what they live off of while finding jobs.

On bill day and only on bill day will you get the pop up deducting your bills. If your solar panels produce more than your consumption, the funds are added then into the family funds.

I have placed the double panel one in the yard, on flat roofs, behind row houses walls, and so forth. If it is a flat surface, the double panel can be placed on it. If you have uneven terrain (as long as it is not too steep), you can use "moveobjects on" and place them.

For some reason, the more solar panels I have on the lot, the sims environment lowers. You can counteract that with more decorations, or using fences to hide them. Although your sims environment will never be maxed, I like the shrub fence in my game to put the solar panels behind, or the row house walls (for some reason the game thinks the sun can get to them), or if on the roof the half walls are excellent. Really doesn't matter what you do, your sims still know they are there, so their environment will never be maxed.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 693 of 1000