Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:10 PM
Default Sims 3 Playing Slowly
Hello, I hope someone can help me with this. I installed the Sims 3 a few days ago and the first time I played it, it was unbearable it was sooo slow. I installed the update on the prompt screen and the speed seemed to pick up a bit but its gone back to being slow again to play. I reduced the setting recommended to pick up gamespeed & restarted the game, no such luck. It's getting really frustrating because I can't even take the game back to the store because I purchased it from EA online. I have attached my video card info maybe its my PC that's having the issues here. I've uninstalled most things so there's a lot of space but maybe a kind person on here can tell me how to fix this issue. Thanks!

PC Spec is as follows:
Pentium 4 2.30GHz 1GB Ram
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Total memory capacity 224GB, Available: 141GB
Total Physical Memory: 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory: 478.89 MB
Screenshots
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:22 PM
Going to move this to the computer support forum because your problem is not the game.

Your problem is your computer and the only fix is upgrade or replace. For you, I recommend replace. You're going to need more RAM, new graphics card, and probably power supply. That'll run you about $200, assuming you can even make necessary upgrades and with a computer that old it's not going to be worth it.