Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:03 AM
Default My Hero's wife won't get pregnant
My monarch married one of suitors in the "Heir" quest and had a child, but now I'm trying for them to have another one and it's just not happening. They woohoo like six or eight times a day and nothing... geez, I thought it was easy to get knocked-up in the middle ages!

Can it has something to do with editing the monarch's consort in CAS?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:11 AM
The only queens that have got pregnant for me are the ones who woohoo with sorcerers.. maybe she could have a lil' *cough* fling?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:48 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 8th Apr 2011 at 9:08 AM.
Haha, I don't think so, the Royal Consort Lady Suzanne is a devout Peteran... anyway I want my Emperor to do the "Royal Marriage" quest so I have to *cough* get rid of her (I think I'll have my spy serve her a tainted drink)

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:49 PM
I think I read somewhere that female Sims can only have two children, maybe it's the same for males? My Monarch has two children from two different wives. Either way it's quite unrealistic medievally speaking, women got knocked up all the time and Monarchs had illegitimate children roaming everywhere...

(it makes sense though considering how small and un-expandable the living quarters are in this game, sheesh)

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:37 PM
I don't know if it is a coincidence o programmed this way, but none of my females has ever had more than two children. However, one of my kings with the licentious flaw, does have children everywhere. So I am sure there is no limit for males.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:39 PM
Meybe it's becuase she's the suitor from the "Heir" quest and she's only "programmed" to have one child?

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:46 PM
Maybe she already had another one before she got married, sometimes it goes unnoticed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:57 PM
Hmm, hadn't thought about that, but her other child would show in her family relationships when I make her selectable, wouldn't it?

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:09 PM
Correction: After I wrote the last post, I went back to tha game and a female minstrel just had her third baby, and therefore, apparently there is no limit. So, probably you are right and the lack of children is due to the quest. I remember that in that quest you are asked for your preference for the sex of the heir. Maybe, I don't know, if the first child has the "wrong" gender, they have more; or maybe the sex is chosen according to your decision. I wouldn't know because I don't indicate any preference. However, in my game, that same king with children all over, still has only one daughter with hhis consort. And you are also right about the all children showing in the relationship panel.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:22 PM
Oh, well... I thought it would have been nice if they had a child before my Spy serves her the Reaper's Scythe...

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:59 PM
Very thoughtful.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Meybe it's because she's the suitor from the "Heir" quest and she's only "programmed" to have one child?

I don't think that's it - my suitor from the heir to the throne quest has had two children - one of each. I will say though, since the latest patch fertility seems ratcheted way down. My first monarch had a baby with her very first attempt, this one (post-patch) took at least 15 tries (I finally stopped counting) before I got the chime.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:25 AM
@Man1968: actually I feel bad about it, but I need to do the "Royal Marriage" quest and divorce is out the question, so I'm planning a Shakespearian plot where the Spy, Lady Rowena, poisons the Empress Consort, and the Emperor (or his son, Prince Henry) in turn kills the Spy in revenge (gee, this is going to rock my Kingdom!)

@anadandy: they have been woohooing like rabbits, I'll give it a few more tries and I'll stop, it might be the patch, but I'm on a mac so I don't know...

Inventor
#14 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:36 AM
While my heroes who got married early in the game got children immediately, those who married late are not getting them at all, in spite of their rabbit-like ways. I am beginning to suspect that (in order to prevent lagging?) the game allows only so much Sims to be present. Maybe the game checks the PC's capabilities to define the limit, maybe the number is fixed.

Is there any way to find out how many Sims are in a game? If there is, we could compare numbers and see if this makes any sense.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:03 AM
alexpilgrim:
I meant it jokingly, but there seems to be another issue. I have divorced my kings and queens several times without a hitch. In fact in the quest of the peasant revolt, the leader was a woman, and my king divorced his consort and seduced and married the agitator. The game asked with whom should the hair live. The more I read the threads, the more I am convinced that for some odd reason, the game plays differently in different computers.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:37 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 11th Apr 2011 at 6:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
alexpilgrim:
I meant it jokingly, but there seems to be another issue. I have divorced my kings and queens several times without a hitch. In fact in the quest of the peasant revolt, the leader was a woman, and my king divorced his consort and seduced and married the agitator. The game asked with whom should the hair live. The more I read the threads, the more I am convinced that for some odd reason, the game plays differently in different computers.

I know, but still I felt I had to explain! The reason I don't want a divorce is because last time my Monarch divorced the consort ended up working as a guard, which I thought was un-realistic and annoying, I mean, ex-queens in the Middle Ages didn't become guards or anything else, they just hung around in a ladylike manner (the game also asked who the heir, Princess Joanne, should live with, and stupidly I said the mother instead of keeping her in the palace). And also I don't want him to have a bad relationship with his present consort in the story line I have now, I'd rather have him love her and mourn her. So that's why.

Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:39 AM
I had the same problem when I was doing a quest. I had to "keep woohoo'ing until you have a baby girl"

However, when I saw my Monarch's wife walking. She was fat. So if you check on your Monarch's wife after a day she should be fat too. If not, I guess she is too old and her eggs had dried up
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:50 PM
I'm also having fertility issues. My spy got pregnant two times, but now nothing. Is it true that NPC's can't get pregnant? Because most of my Heroes are male. I was wondering if that is why.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:28 PM
There was another thread related to this and I read maybe it's because the Kingdom has a limit of children in it. So the only solution I can think of (apart from the Black Death) is growing a few NPC kids into adults and see what happens...

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:53 PM
I can do that. Great Idea!
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:00 PM
Im not 100% sure though, so maybe you'd want to back up your game (I don't think anything really bad would happen though, except for having less kids around)

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:30 PM
I can see it now -- The Pied Piper mod, that gathers all the npc kids and eliminates them so you can have more fertility in your Kingdom. LOL! Wish I could make mods, I'd make that one just for jollies!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 4:12 PM
OK, so I tried turning a bunch of random kids into adults (like 5 or 6, there weren't much many more roaming around) and nothing, so I have two hypotheses:

- there's a limited number of Sims by kingdom? It doesn't make much sense since some quests add new NPCs, but still I could try and kill a few see what happens...

- editing a (female?) Sim in CAS makes her sterile, maybe it changes her genetics and she can't get pregnant anymore?

Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 6:48 PM
@Man1968: actually I feel bad about it, but I need to do the "Royal Marriage" quest and divorce is out the question, so I'm planning a Shakespearian plot where the Spy, Lady Rowena, poisons the Empress Consort, and the Emperor (or his son, Prince Henry) in turn kills the Spy in revenge (gee, this is going to rock my Kingdom!)

I did more of a henry VIII approach and had the wives that did not produce heirs tossed into the pit. I like the plot line though very classy.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 5:52 AM Last edited by mflaha55 : 18th Apr 2011 at 6:17 AM.
I think I read somewhere that female Sims can only have two children, maybe it's the same for males? My Monarch has two children from two different wives....

My Physician, Gillian Payne (female), has THREE children - two by my Wizard, Rowland D'Arcane, and one by Ricky the Patient (teaching him how to woo hoo - Hey! It was all for the sake of science! ).

I now have a total of six children by my Heros and/or NPCs frolicking about the kingdom (both NPCs were female and had to be given professions in order to conceive, so I suppose they are all children of Heros). I don't believe that NPC females can conceive outside of a specific quest (i.e., in Free Time), only Hero females, hence the giving of a profession to the NPCs. I believe my Physician was able to become pregnant by the NPC male (Ricky the Patient) because of the quest being played. Haven't tried NPC male/Hero female in Free Time yet to see if the Hero female gets preggers. Guess we'll all have to keep experimenting to see if we can figure this out. I'm sure my sims won't mind! :D
Page 1 of 2