Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Feb 2017 at 10:07 PM.
Default Add sit function to a non-chair object?
I've got this project I've been sitting on for quite a while, and I'm not entirely sure how to go about it.

I've got an object that is meant to work as a crib that can rock sideways (basically a rocking chair with a crib attached). I've found a few objects I can use as a base for the rocking crib, but I don't know how to implement the rocking chair part. I want the sim to be able to sit in the seat, and follow the motion of the crib.

Is there some way to add a sit function (not as a dining room chairs because of the table function)? Or does anyone know a way I can cheat this (say, with an OMSP of some sort that can be placed in the seat and would follow the rocking motion). Ideally I'd like it to be one object, but not if it requires too much messing about with BHAVs...

I know there are a few OMSPs I can use if the rocking chair has a slot, but they'd only be good for posing, and sims generally don't place their behind on the OMSP unless it's a floor pose (butt on the floor) meant for chair slots.

(If there is such a thing as a useable chair slot that can be added to stuff, I do more or less know how to add slots - but so far only deco ones).

Thanks for any help
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:19 AM
It sounds like you will want to add a container slot to the object. Container slots hold Sims. You can use Snap Into(0x71) to snap an object/sim into a container slot either from the ground or another container slot. Think of the slot as like a pocket in your shirt. If you jump up and down, whatever is in your pocket is along for the ride. Likewise, a Sim in the slot should rock with the motion of the object.

Once you've had added the container slot, you will need to make an interaction for the Sim to walk to the object, perform an animation in which they appear to take a seat, and snap them into the chair. When they need to get up, they'll do the reverse: perform a standing up animation and snap back to the ground.

You will probably also want to look at the Object Functions (OBJF) resource....in particular, the line 0x1B: sit (This tree seats a person. If the tree is defined, the game considers the object to be a chair.). You will probably want to set its Action Guardian to your "Sit" interaction. When a Sim is looking for somewhere to sit, the object will be considered as somewhere the Sim can sit.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...