Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 1:06 PM
Default Claimes of custom made items crashing games
Yesterday, I've created some pies for the sims 2. In game, these pies seem to run perfectly. After upload, I've had someone claim that they are having problems with 2 of my creations. I'm not sure how I can fix this because I never really had any problems with my own creations crashing my game. I'll I know to do is mesh and create. lol

Well, maybe it has something to do with the polycount.

These are the polycounts to the pies.

Banana Cream Pie

Nullmodel=1
Eat=215
Serve=1290
Inplate= 477

Apple Pie

Nullmodel= 1
Eat= 47
Serve= 282
In plate= 309

Pineapple Coconut pie

Nullmodel= 1
Eat= 130
Serve= 366
In plate= 393

Polycount to the k2 sub

Null Model 1
Ingredients Prep- 872
Food From Fridge- 504
Eat -948
Serve-948
Cook State- 948
Package- 216
In Plate-1210
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 1:08 PM
Not a problematic poly count at all. Whatever it is, it's not that. You'd have to be getting into 100k polys per piece with a very weak computer before they'd be noticing problems, and it wouldn't be causing a game crash so much as massive slowdowns before any kind of actual crash would be happening. Of course, not saying anything short of 100k polys is fine, but there's no way a poly count of what you have would be the issue.

I'd suggest asking the reporter for more information - their system specs, what EPs/SPs they have installed, whether they've tried it with completely clean user files (i.e. fresh saves and nothing but your custom content in the game, no other content) and exactly when the crash occurs (on game loading? on loading a lot? whenever it appears in the pie menu? when it is chosen in the pie menu? when the item is cooked? when the item is served? or when it's eaten?), and what kind of crash it is (does the game just disappear, i.e. a crash to desktop... or is there an error message, and if so what does it say, or is it a bluescreen error, or...?). You don't really have enough information to begin tracking it down, based on the one line error report you got.

Is it possible you cloned from an EP item? Game crashes on load are often due to an EP item being cloned but not mentioned in the upload text, and the downloader not having that EP.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.