Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#13001 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Is this the one?

Yup, that's the one I use.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#13002 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 7:13 AM
I've discovered the 45 degree angle view. It's so wonderful omfg. All these years I've been maneuvering the camera to get there when it was there all along! I've spent the last day taking tours of my sims' houses and I think it's definitely helped my interior decorating now that I see it through their eyes better.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Forum Resident
#13003 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 4:28 PM
That TS2 Apartment life has 'Human Statues'. You know, those people in parks and stuff that are painted silver to look like statues and act like a mime.

I was in SimPE fixing some corrupted memories when I saw 3 NPCs called "Human Statue". I searched it up on the wiki and whattya' know, they're mime sims!
Forum Resident
#13004 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Steffyn
I've discovered the 45 degree angle view. It's so wonderful omfg. All these years I've been maneuvering the camera to get there when it was there all along! I've spent the last day taking tours of my sims' houses and I think it's definitely helped my interior decorating now that I see it through their eyes better.

What do you mean? Don't you just use the scroll wheel?

Hold click on the scroll wheel (press it like a button) and move the mouse the direction you wish to go...
Mad Poster
#13005 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:05 PM
I believe Steffyn means the camera angle in terms of altitude. If you press G, your camera will switch from the usual point of view, to more or less what a Sims sees. Either press G, or click the icon in buy/build mode. It's located on the second row, to the right, right between the album button and the design tool.

It is possible to get to that view using the mouse, as you said, but not everyone knows that. Kind of like how some people play years and years without discovering the design tool or the eydropper tool.

Me, I've discovered that Sims really, really hates me. In the last couple of days I've had the following weird glitches
- Mouse disappearing. It's there, but not visible.
- Sims disappearing. Floating stuff, woho.
- Game not saving at all (although saying it did)
- Game saving, but only whatever parts it feels like. So half of the changes are there, but the rest vanished.

Aside from that, I've also discovered how much I love the game and all the little details. For much of the time I played this game I never really paid attention to the idles or the little walks, but now that I actually look there's so much fun put in there.
Inventor
#13006 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Yes I think the wiki's wrong but I just don't know for certain. If it is true, my Sims ought to get food poisoning, because I let them eat burned food although I always try to stop them eating food that has gone bad. You would think that burning food as thoroughly as my Sims do would destroy all the germs as well as most of the nutritional value of the food!

I'm inclined to think it's only spoiled food that can bring on foodpoisening.
Eating burned food is quite common in my hood and other than that they don't like the taste or that it maybe brings out some acid or burning in the throat what makes them gag, nothing happens. If it really is 5% chance foodpoisening with burned food, that's a sneaky one that I never could catch up on.
Mad Poster
#13007 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:23 PM
That Sims can laugh at dogs who are looking at themselves in the mirror.
Field Researcher
#13008 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425

Hold click on the scroll wheel (press it like a button) and move the mouse the direction you wish to go...

That's what I'd been doing lol.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Scholar
#13009 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I believe Steffyn means the camera angle in terms of altitude. If you press G, your camera will switch from the usual point of view, to more or less what a Sims sees. Either press G, or click the icon in buy/build mode. It's located on the second row, to the right, right between the album button and the design tool.

It is possible to get to that view using the mouse, as you said, but not everyone knows that. Kind of like how some people play years and years without discovering the design tool or the eydropper tool.

Me, I've discovered that Sims really, really hates me. In the last couple of days I've had the following weird glitches
- Mouse disappearing. It's there, but not visible.
- Sims disappearing. Floating stuff, woho.
- Game not saving at all (although saying it did)
- Game saving, but only whatever parts it feels like. So half of the changes are there, but the rest vanished.

Aside from that, I've also discovered how much I love the game and all the little details. For much of the time I played this game I never really paid attention to the idles or the little walks, but now that I actually look there's so much fun put in there.

I'm not an expert but I would say that your game, computer or both have some issues. Is everything OK over there?
Mad Poster
#13010 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425

Really? I've been using the arrow keys on the keyboard. XD
Mad Poster
#13011 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 1:28 AM
Probably. Sims has hated me for a long time, I'm just fascinated that it found so many news ways to torture me I've given up trying to fix it.
Inventor
#13012 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That Sims can laugh at dogs who are looking at themselves in the mirror.

To continue the laugh at option. I've had a sim dog laughing at another stray sim dog.
Maybe because she was better off than the stray?
Or it was just another sign of corruption in my previous hood.
Test Subject
#13013 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 8:56 PM
I never knew that adult sims can step over toys toddlers are playing with.
Test Subject
#13014 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 9:04 PM
that im no longer a good sims 2 movie maker! *throws computer out window*
wait how am i still typing? and how did i throw it out the window if im in a room with no windows? *head explodes*
Inventor
#13015 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:02 PM
I discovered that if you marry and move in (or just move in) an employee, they keep their job as "employee" at "little store" or whatever career track they give to OFB shop worker for when you play them at their own houses.
But it also she got 0 wages, but I don't remember what she got before, because I didn't check when I hired her.
So she'd go off for 8 hours a day for nothing XD.
Mad Poster
#13016 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:53 PM
That businesses can actually have negative ranking. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong today but the Tinker's family business went from a rank 0 to a rank -1! They had -7 stars! I have no idea what I was doing wrong

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#13017 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 1:14 AM
That you by accident can get rid of a dormie by having a sibling student over, take her to a communitylot as an outing group and come back to get the message there is one dormie too much. Eh, hello! Marit Lindstrom lives in another dorm, not The Inbetween House. Don't need to count her as a residing dormie here. Oh, you will do anyway?
Hm, maybe this could turn out good if Madeleine moves out.
And yes, the one dormie on very bad terms with Marit's brother, who does live in The Inbetween House, was the one to go. That turned out rather conveniently.
Mad Poster
#13018 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 2:05 AM
He'll move right back in when she leaves, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#13019 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:07 AM
I've never seen the Ask X Home wish. I thought that was kinda cute ^.^ I also just saw the Unsavory Charlatan for the first time. I really need to let my sims go out more >.<
Field Researcher
#13020 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:31 AM
I learned today that the "random sequences of letters/numbers" before each snapshot is actually a specific sequence assigned to a specific family! For example, CS838_... is specifically the Rorchak family photo album, whereas 415_... is specifically the Zany photo album!

Won't that make sorting through snapshots a breeze! Especially when you utilize the "sort by..." option in your documents!

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Inventor
#13021 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
He'll move right back in when she leaves, though.

Another dormie did and that was fine. Madeleine didn't come back.
Field Researcher
#13022 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanypsia
I learned today that the "random sequences of letters/numbers" before each snapshot is actually a specific sequence assigned to a specific family!

I discovered that myself and found it very useful. To stop my snapshot overfilling (because I've taken hundreds, possibly thousands - they add up to nearly 30 MB), I copy the latest ones every rotation to their own folders (one for each house, plus another for community lots) and rename them with a code for the house and a date. So "bl98_140_a" would be the first snapshot for 98 Brock Lane on Day 140, etc. The game-assigned codes are inestimably useful for identifying which house they refer to.

Rather than use the in-game story facility, I create htm pages in FrontPage Express (a cutdown version of MS FrontPage, a freebie from my old ISP) and insert selected snapshots from the house folders with accompanying text. I can view them in Firefox. Snapshots also get put in the pages I create for biographies of my sims.

And then, when I play the next rotation, I delete the last lot of snapshots, to keep the Storytelling folder slim.
Field Researcher
#13023 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:21 AM
I've recently discovered that a depressed teen (Aspiration Meter in the red) will deliberately ruin a painting on an easel. Don't know if it was one of her own or by one of her parents, and it may or may not have been finished.
Mad Poster
#13024 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:45 AM
The "Ruin painting" option appears for anyone from child and up under certain circumstances, I don't know if it's aspiration related or personality. I suspect both.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#13025 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:31 PM
The rather fantastic thing about the ruin option, is that if your Sim is a talented artist, it might increase the value of the painting. I let my artist Sim do it, and the value went up from 5 to 200+ xD One of my favorite Sims moments, because it's such a hilariously arrogant thing, that someone ruining something is better than what was originally done.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 521 of 619