Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#13026 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
That you by accident can get rid of a dormie by having a sibling student over, take her to a communitylot as an outing group and come back to get the message there is one dormie too much. Eh, hello! Marit Lindstrom lives in another dorm, not The Inbetween House. Don't need to count her as a residing dormie here. Oh, you will do anyway?
Hm, maybe this could turn out good if Madeleine moves out.
And yes, the one dormie on very bad terms with Marit's brother, who does live in The Inbetween House, was the one to go. That turned out rather conveniently.

The outing-visitor doesn't even have to be a student -- I had a dormie move out for Morty Roth when I first started playing university, to my great confusion! Thankfully, Morty didn't move in and the dormie was soon replaced...
Advertisement
Inventor
#13027 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
The outing-visitor doesn't even have to be a student -- I had a dormie move out for Morty Roth when I first started playing university, to my great confusion! Thankfully, Morty didn't move in and the dormie was soon replaced...

I had a 'huh?' moment with that as well. And yes, in my case it happened to be another student, but it could've been anyone.
It also could've been the father. He was asked first, but he declined the outing.
But it was a good discovery for future purposes.
If I ever want to get rid of certain dormies, there will be an outing again.
It would have been hilarious though if I had gotten Madeleine back as a replacement for Madeleine.
But I think she was so sick of Don, she didn't want to return.
Field Researcher
#13028 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:04 PM
Sims can burn TV dinners.

Well, Ophelia Specter can, anyway. That takes some talent.
Inventor
#13029 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dunbrine47
I never knew that adult sims can step over toys toddlers are playing with.
On a related note, If a Sim CAN walk over a toddler toy, they WILL walk over the toddler toy. Even if means deviating from a straight line. My Test of TIme sims are constantly stepping over the toddler toys, even when I know they have a straight path clear for them next to the toy. They go as far as going outside to step over the toy rather than using the inside hallway to traverse the hut. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#13030 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 1:50 AM
I feel really silly, but I just realized it's the OttoMAS family instead of the OttoMAN family. Wow
Mad Poster
#13031 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krystinz
I feel really silly, but I just realized it's the OttoMAS family instead of the OttoMAN family. Wow

hehe, I have silly little mess-ups like that all the time! Earlier I realized that one of the characters in my favourite manga was called 'Jolyne' and not 'Jocyline', - which is pretty weird considering I've read through the entire manga. I don't know why, but that's just how I've always read it!

I only recently found out (thanks to searching on the sims wiki for a while like an idiot) that it's not Armando DeBateau, it's Armand. Ever since then before I post about any premade sim, I always check it up on the wiki first to make sure I've spelled the name right.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#13032 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 10:30 AM
Every time someone calls them the Ottoman family then I imagine them as little footstools lol.
Instructor
#13033 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 3:52 PM
Today I discovered that it's not just parents that sim kids can snuggle with on the couch. They can snuggle with older teen siblings if they'd like to.
Mad Poster
#13034 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 5:12 PM
I've actually been playing the Sims 2 for console recently - and I discovered yesterday that in the opening scene, you see a picture of sims which feature the beehive hairstyle from the Sims 2 beta. I thought that was pretty cool, sadly you didn't have the option to have that hairstyle in the game. Also, wow, all these houses on this game are completely possible to build on Sims 2. I think I might build some of these later today.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#13035 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 5:38 PM
Nannies can try to kidnap babies!

When my Sim came home from work, she dismissed the nanny. The nanny promptly went to the crib, picked up the baby, and walked to her van with it! Fortunately, whoever was picking her up must have told her she couldn't bring the baby because, after they drove off, the baby was on the side of the road. I'm not a big fan of the nanny to begin with, but this has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen a nanny do. (Though, in the nanny's defense, maybe she wanted to give the baby a better life? The family is super poor. They don't have any wallpaper or carpeting yet and most of their furniture is outside because the house too small for anything but the beds. Maybe she didn't think it was a good enough environment for a baby to grow up in, lol.)
Scholar
#13036 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:24 AM
I discovered that two sims who have learnt the Break Dance can challenge each other to a duel!
It looks like a cross between the zombie apocalypse and a painful constipation.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13037 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:31 AM
^ ^

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13038 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eveysmom
(Though, in the nanny's defense, maybe she wanted to give the baby a better life? The family is super poor. They don't have any wallpaper or carpeting yet and most of their furniture is outside because the house too small for anything but the beds. Maybe she didn't think it was a good enough environment for a baby to grow up in, lol.)

How do they afford a nanny then?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13039 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 1:50 AM
If you have AL download this: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=95096.0 Then they can call over a friend who will watch the kids for free. They do have to be friends for this to work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13040 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:31 AM
There's apparently a limit to the number of walls you can have on a lot? Either that, or my game is starting to get screwy.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13041 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:49 AM
Yes. I don't know what it is, but there is a limit.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13042 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 6:12 PM
That the ninja can not only teleport when standing up, but also while meditating. He appeared at the community lot with a zen garden and tea tables, and proceeded to meditate above the zen garden. Then suddenly he was meditating elsewhere. I thought it rather amusing.

I also realized that I am apparently a face-person when it comes to Sims. I made a few changes to the face of the female in my core couple, and I've been totally disconnected to her. After digging around, I realized I had also removed her old skintone, and make up, which made her eyes and face look all wrong. Fortunately for me I still have the original hood and downloads from that time, so I packed her up and alternative surgeried her back to normal. Now she's the good old Emma I'm used to. And as a bonus, in the process of figuring out why she looked so wrong to me, I went over lots of old screenshots from her story and now I'm back to being excited about playing. Can't wait to pick up where I left off.
Mad Poster
#13043 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 3:09 AM
That mobile phones in Sim-land are sticky. If you place several on the same square, they'll morph into a phone-blob and refuse to separate. You can pick them up, and the image shows a cluster of phones stuck together.
Mad Poster
#13044 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That the ninja can not only teleport when standing up, but also while meditating. He appeared at the community lot with a zen garden and tea tables, and proceeded to meditate above the zen garden. Then suddenly he was meditating elsewhere. I thought it rather amusing.

I think that anyone can do that if they're good enough at meditating (or maybe Tai Chi).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13045 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:10 AM
No, it's mediating. They will vanish and reappear not far away.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13046 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:48 AM
Well, that explains that bit. Didn't know he could meditate at all, I thought he just appeared and stood around for a bit. But I guess he has more time on his hands now that I always use book of talent to learn teleportation :P

Another thing I discovered is how much I love my new hood. All that time spent preparing was well spent. Having all my CC townified, along with a custom-made naming mod, and the mods allowing males to spawn with beards and everyone to spawn with glasses, really makes for awesome townies. I'm sure not everyone would enjoy having beards on every male, but I love it. And the clothing, everyone actually looks nice now! I was worried I'd get wonky combinations, specially with glasses, but so far so good. And if I do, I can just fix that one townie (which is a significant improvement on wanting to fix all of them). It's just such a great thing to see the things I like combined in ways I might not have thought of myself. Suddenly marrying townies isn't that boring!
Mad Poster
#13047 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 3:37 PM
In my new hood Mountainside Valley there is only one Eaxis template left from Bon Voyage (others are empty) and they have all 3 vacation destinations too. As there is no townies in hood, children are bringing tourist and local's children/ teens from school. Nadia Shaer already learned chest bond from one teen.
Instructor
#13048 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 11:38 PM
the lot descriptions in Veronaville are written in pentameter and rhyme.
Mad Poster
#13049 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 2:02 AM
Fortune Sims can have three-bolt chemistry with any aspiration.

If you have Romance and Family, even if the personality types attract each other and the turn-ons are there, you have two bolts at best. Change one of them to Fortune and it bumps it up to three.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#13050 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 2:11 AM
Well, no way with grilled cheese : http://cyjon.net/node/87
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 522 of 619