Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 5:06 AM Last edited by cmomoney : 3rd Apr 2010 at 4:52 PM.
Default Testers Wanted - Blender s3Compositor
What it does:

This script loads a composite node setup to preview objects in the Blender 3D view. In short, it lets you see what you object will look like in game(or pretty close to it) in Blender. You can add patterns(rgb and hsv), change the color of patterns, and load ao/dirt and rgb maps and overlays. Dropshadows, alphas, and transparency are represented as well.

Installation:

Just put the s3Compositor folder in your /.blender/scripts folder.

Use:

I've written a walk-through with practice files and pictures. You can download it below.

Future features/changes/wish list:

- Make the screen refresh correctly when changes are made
- gui for pattern tiling(completed)
- gui to switch between rgb and hsv patterns
- automate alpha switch when using four channel pattern
- add/adjust specularity for patterns and specular map.
- tutorial with pics(completed)

History:

1.0 (3.29.10) - release for testing
1.1 (3.30.10) - added second pattern functionality
1.2 - added third and fourth pattern functionality; reconfigured composite settings
1.3(3.31.10) - added ui for tiling patterns
1.35(4.3.10) - fixed tiling in 2-pattern composite
Attached files:
File Type: rar  s3comp.rar (1.69 MB, 31 downloads) - View custom content
Description: s3Compsitor 1.35 script
File Type: rar  walkthrough.rar (679.5 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Description: walkthrough.pdf

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 10:50 AM
Nice work! I'll be glad to have a look
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:27 PM
Wow...very great idea Cmo
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 4:15 PM
I've played with this and it looks fine. It took me a while to figure out some of the things, because in reality I'm still a Blender newbie although I've been fiddling for a while. It would be interesting to see this again when you've added more patterns. Also you can execute your script from the image menu in the UV editor.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 4:22 PM
Update 1.1 - Added two pattern functionality for testing. (see pics)

Thanks for trying it, and thanks for you help, Ceixari
Quote:
Also you can execute your script from the image menu in the UV editor.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that menu.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 10:26 PM
Update 1.2 - All four patterns work now.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:23 AM
Oh dang, I was wondering if that was possible quite a while ago before CTU had preview capabilities. Looks like it ended up being beyond my ability, haha. Awesome job, you made me finally update blender!

That said, this thing is aaamaaaaa~aaaaazing~ Works exactly as advertised and I see this being incredibly useful. Thank you so much! Now all we need is a highly functional GEOM plugin for blender, then we'd be all set! :P
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 1:04 AM
Update 1.3 - Now you can change the tiling from the scripts UI. You may have to click the Materials button to see changes.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 1:20 AM
And lo, a blight came upon them for they could no longer speak their own tongue and all words were as a mystery to them...snicker.

I can't understand a word you're saying cmo. This weekend though, when I finally get a chance to try this out I'm hoping I can decipher it. How long is the cute medieval language thing supposed to last...does anyone know?

It isnt that I don't like it...it just makes it a little tough to get the idea of what people are sayin'. Also, I've got a few choice words about being the *monastic* scholar but I'll keep 'em to myself...lol.

And, dag, but don't the language of elsewhere translate amusingly into medieval times?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:26 PM
I've added a walk-through that shows how to use the script (.pdf format). It includes pics and practice files.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 12:19 AM
Thanks so much for the walk-through cmo...I'm definitely gonna need that. I really want to make this work on my machine...it will be a big help.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 5:02 PM
Updated 1.35: The 2-pattern composite's tiling wasn't working, fixed now.

Also, using Texture paint mode, you can hand paint rgb masks, touch up ao maps, draw alpha transparency, ect, and see the results real-time. It's nothing I did, just a Blender feature, but using it with the script is pretty cool.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]