Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 9:17 PM
Default Recompile Issues
I'm having some trouble recompiling after I exported my mesh, Could anyone tell me what I did wrong?

On 1 I get "ERR: Unexpected end-of-file reached"
On 2 I get "ERR: Invalid item count 2: expected 6 [vbuf assign: line 194, group 1]."
On 3 I get the same as one
On 4 I get an export warning that says "UV scaling overflow group 0" if I click okay it says no errors but when I go to look it still has a lot of files

Could anyone more experienced at this help me?

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:37 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 31st Mar 2010 at 2:03 AM.
The UV Scales thing is related to your mapping. When you say you still have a lot of files what do you mean?

Also, it might be helpful if you posted the name of the item you cloned and, since this is still a beta tool, if you posted the question in the thread for the plugins.

eta: I'm assuming, since you posted earlier in the Blender plugins thread that you got this error using them and not the MS ones. I apologize if I'm incorrect in that assumption.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:04 AM
Same as OM, I'm taking that those are the errors experienced from the exported files from the Blender export in which case it's not the S3ObjTool's errors. The export script is a first release and it would have been impossible for me to test all the TS3 objects. I took a few random objects and tested with those. I might just have been lucky, but if you could say which object you exported from TS3, I can have a play with that for a bit.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 12:04 PM
I cloned the party balloons

When I say I still have a lot of files I mean that it didn't recompile into the one file

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#5 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:09 PM
After the recompile you should still be able to see all the individual components of the MLOD or MODL you recompiled sitting in the folder. It doesn't mean they were not recompiled though.

If you need to you can make new changes to the MLOD/MODL, including editing individual components that are sitting in the folder, and recompile again. You can repeat this over and over until you get the object how you want it. It makes it so you don't have to reclone/re-export, and you don't have to re-decomplile between work on the same MLOD or MODL.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:14 PM
The easiest way to see that it has been recompiled is that the files that end in either .model or .lod will have a newer date and/or time than the rest of the files.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 5:12 PM
I used the latest scripts I uploaded earlier and I've been able to import and export all 4 sets.

I used SculpturePartyBalloons hoping that's the one you refered to.
Alchemist
#8 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 6:50 PM
I just tried the sculpturePartyBalloons too and I got this error message for MLOD1:

ERR: Invalid item count 3: expected 6 [vbuf assign: line 119, group 1].

when I tried to recompile it. I didn't assign joints to it so I was expecting to get that error but instead I got this one. Could it have something to do with an unassigned joint? I still need to go over Cmo's instructions on how to do that correctly...lol.

Do you think it could matter which version of the 3 tools you're using or which version of Blender you have?

I also need to try the import/export on the other MLODs and MODL for the balloons but RL is keeping me hopping today.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 7:41 PM
I uploaded a new set of scripts today. I see it has only been downloaded once. Are you using the latest versions? If so, did you make any changes to the balloons?
Alchemist
#10 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 10:01 PM
Hmmm, methinks thou hast made an updated (new, altered, improved...whatever will work...lol) version (instance, variant, form) of the plugins? And I tried the balloons after that without obtaining it first?

I will obtain the new ones now and try again.

Scripts bacon?...snicker...how did the translator come up with that?