Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:14 PM
Default I need some HELP! :) PLEASE!!! With subsets & CRES

I've created this wedding arch using a mashed up version that pascal_curious used in their story as a base! I've got the arch working beautifully, but what I want is to make the arch recolorable with 2 subsets, one for the actual arch and the other for the bells. I primarily want to make the bells recolorable so that they can be invisible for those that don't want them hanging around! I've been following IgnorantBliss' tute in the PDF version with pics to make the subsets and get 'em recolorable. Well, I've finally got 'em recolorable, but the subsets themselves aren't showing up!!! ??? I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Also, I've made a light arch that fits inside the wedding arch. Well, it has a light effect from the original string of Christmas lights that I cloned, but it hangs off to the back and not 'around' the lights to give it the 'glow' effect. I've messed with it some trying to follow the tute here, and I've managed to move them...somewhere...? lol They're no longer visible...which is ok. But I would really like to have them around ALL the lights!!! Which also means they would somehow need to be cloned/duplicated!(?)

As it is, I'm happy with the over-all package. But I sooo want these 2 cosmetic situations fixed, and then I would be ECSTATIC!!! And would then be willing to share! If there is someone out there that could take a look at this for me and either tell me what I've done wrong and what I need to do to fix it, [size=6pt]or fix it for me[/size], I would be so thankful!!!

This download is ONLY for experienced meshers!!! Sorry!
Thanx!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:03 PM
For the arch - you have the wrong GUID in your MMATs. You need to select the main OBJD (usually the one without numbers) and click the button "Update MMATs". This will put the main GUID into the MMATs. You only do this for the main OBJD. The invisible recolor doesn't work because it too has the wrong GUID. But that also has the wrong subset name. It looks like at some point you called it weddingarchplastic_gold, but in your final version it is only weddingarchplastic.

For the glowy lights, I have no idea why you said you don't know where they went. Other than it has a one tile footprint instead of three and you need to use moveobjects on to place, it looks like it is lined up perfectly with the arch.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 1:02 AM
Thanks for your help HL! I'll have to look into it next time I close the game down. (It takes waaaayyyy too long to reboot!!! )

As to the lights, have some pics:

This is the original light strand from seasons. Do you see how it 'glows'? That's the effects that I'm referring to.

Now:

This is after I made the light arch in milkshape. I cloned the string of lights, moved them where I wanted/needed them, then took it in game and saw this! The glow from the original strand is off to the back/side of the arch. Now, in trying to move it to wrap around the lights again, I've moved it somewhere else!?!? I can't see it anywhere! lol Which, like I said, is OK, but you can see in the above pic how it gives the lights the warm glow! That's what I want!!!
Someone told me it was the CRES that managed this effect, and I found it, but I don't know what I need to do with it to make it work the way I want it to! lol The tute I linked to in the 1st post didn't really deal with effects, it leaned more to slots. But I can't find anything else that helps!

And yes, I guess I also need to know how to make it place-able w/o the moveobjects cheat. I did notice that too, and found it quite annoying! lol
And it sounds like I need to know how to change footprints too! Is that really necessary for this arch of lights?

Thanks again for any/all help!

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 1:08 AM
You don't have to fix the footprint, I'm just OCD enough that I do. But here is a tutorial if you'd like to try, it's not too difficult. http://sims.eternal-echo.net/tutorials/footprint/

I'll look into the effects again, when I tried placing at night I didn't see them. I'm guessing you just changed a value in the cres regarding the fx or lighting line.

For the intersection you'll probably need to import the BHAV that deals with placement and then edit it. Here is a bit of info on intersection. http://www.hugelunatic.com/objects-intersection
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:15 AM Last edited by jbeach34 : 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:40 AM.
Well, now I remember why I was never very good at adding more squares to my footprints! lol I get stumped at the "Packed File" tab!!! I have version .72 and it doesn't have the same options as Echo has!!! What do I need to do to get separate numbers for the instance?

Also, I followed your tute in adding BHAV's to avoid the moveobjects cheat, but it doesn't appear that I did it right or something...?

On another note, thank you! I got the subsets working and now have invisible bells!!! YAY!

Now, aside from the footprint and the intersection, I just need to figure out the CRES and getting the glow effects around my lights! :/

current version

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:49 AM
Did you try moving the fx slot in the CRES file? (Content/blocklist/cTransformNode) although im not sure if that is the fx your looking for(slot_weddingarchplastic_flowers_fx)
Try renaming it(objectGraphNode), it should dissapear then.
Another effect listed is the Wedpetals, but think that one isn't CRES related