Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:23 AM
Being a late comer to The Sims 2 I have clearly missed so much awesome action. However, to my advantage, there is now this brilliant gold mine of amazing resources laid out before me. This information here is - coming from someone who is just beginning to mod and who has been using MTS as a primary resource for Tutes and inspiration - a fundamental resource that I am sure I will be referring to religiously with every project i'll be undertaking.

Thank you so much pixelhate for taking the time and effort in compiling this information. selfless and priceless.

Amazing!! Great... Oh! I can do those dang lamps properly!!!... *shuts firefox and boots GIMP + SimPE*
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 12:55 AM
I highly recommend these wonderful guides to everyone.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:04 AM
Can anyone help to check out "Exploring the TXMT part 2.rar"? I have problem downloading it. The PDF file is missing from the archive file.
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 7:12 AM Last edited by pixelhate : 13th Aug 2009 at 10:30 PM.
I just have checked it, no problem so far. Please try again. If the problem is remaining, PM me, we'll find a solution...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
I just have checked it, no problem so far. Please try again. If problem is remaining, PM me, we find a solution...

Thanks. Finally get it downloaded. The downloadings were completed only at 4mb.

Thanks again for the informations. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:35 PM
I have been using this information so much. I am still astounded at what a difference bump mapping can make to an object. Thank you so much!

P.S. Hope repairs have been made and life is returning to normal.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#32 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:51 PM
Ok, I pressed the 'Thanks' button, but I feel that's not enough to express my gratitude. I'm gonna find out more, and maybe even create something myself, someday...
Banned
#33 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:06 AM
Let me just say, I simply love this set of tutorials, it comes in very handy for me on several ocassions.
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 4:03 PM
Which part do I need to refer to if I want to create clothing for my invisible sims where parts of it are invisible and parts of it are completely opaque? I am trying to create the character Jackle from NiGHTs into Dreams. Any help would be much appreciated! I am a new user to SimPE so I don't know that much about it yet!

By the way, this is Jackle
http://nid.wikia.com/wiki/Jackle
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:03 PM
The part about transparency is part 3. I recommend you to read everything as, I'm quite sure, it will useful for global understanding and hopefully handy for your future creations.
BUT I have to let you know that this study is based on simple, boneless object.
That means that some info will not be correct for skins. (some parameters differs, some are common).
Nevertheless I hope that these tutorials will help you.
I'm interested in your idea, so don't hesitate to contact me via Pm if you want to exchange further.
Good luck !
Pix.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#36 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:16 PM
I just realised I've never said so, but I swear by this tut, it has taught me almost everything I know about the TXMT. Part 2 especially - making things shiny is fun! So thank you very, very much for this! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:01 PM
thanks a lot!!! these tutorials have been really helpful and helped me discover the new world of material definitions which inspired me for new creator ideas!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 1:14 PM
I am amazed at how you put all this info together. I just read the first two parts man my head is spinning although very exiting reading . I did some glasses frme gold but they don't shine . I guess it has to do with Envcub or something. I guess that has to have it's own file added for them to look reflective gold & not a dull gold. Thank for all your efforts & keep up the good work .
Field Researcher
#39 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:43 PM
thank you so much for this.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:51 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having problems downloading parts 2 - 5. The files seems to be empty.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:58 AM
I just tried and downloaded part 2, 4, 5 fine, five minutes ago. Part 3 was corrupted at first try then was fine at second try. The PDF are present and readable.
Try again and let me know if you still have troubles...

Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 6:49 PM
Hello! Posting here, maybe OP still around how do you apply bump/normal map to the mesh? (talking about point 6 on the part 5 tutorial) I know you explained you can do it, but there's no steps indicating how to do it, and I'm completly lost. (Also off topic, my SimPE doesn't have the .smd extension to export, I'm using the 0.75f version, do I have to enable it or something?)
Page 2 of 2