Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#226 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:20 AM
Not shift+click. Left click on the Sim. Read! Instructions! Properly! *points finger of evil duckiness* Repent!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:33 AM
*cowers at finger*

But but... I left clicked.

And I shift-clicked.

And I even deleted my cache again just to make sure.

And I checked if the dll was really in Game/bin.

Nothing.

This is driving me CRAZY!!
Instructor
#228 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:20 AM
*godly voice of duckiness* You failed!

Hm. Okay. Let's try something new. What have you done up to this point?

- patched your game? (not required for this particular mod)
- really, genuinely edited your *.ini file to enable testingcheats? (not required for this particular mod)
- created both the 'Mods' and the 'Packages' folders? With every *.package file in the 'Packages' folder, not accidently a subfolder of 'Packages'?
- put the proper resource.cfg in your base game folder?
- yeah, okay, you installed the *.dll. I believe you. :D

I think it may be the subfolder thing. What say you?
Forum Resident
#229 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
*godly voice of duckiness* You failed!

Hm. Okay. Let's try something new. What have you done up to this point?

- patched your game? (not required for this particular mod)
- really, genuinely edited your *.ini file to enable testingcheats? (not required for this particular mod)
- created both the 'Mods' and the 'Packages' folders? With every *.package file in the 'Packages' folder, not accidently a subfolder of 'Packages'?
- put the proper resource.cfg in your base game folder?
- yeah, okay, you installed the *.dll. I believe you. :D

I think it may be the subfolder thing. What say you?

I have the same problem, but I know everything is where it belongs. See screenshots.
Screenshots

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Instructor
#230 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:12 AM
Wow, those are impressive screenshots! Wish I could lecture you but ... I can't. *wipes away crocodile tear*

I'm at the end of my rope, then, this may be something treeag has to look into.

Sorry you two, I will now hit myself with the Raisin Stick of Fail.
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:00 AM
I still don't understand what path or where to stick the Mods & packages folders?
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#232 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I have the same problem, but I know everything is where it belongs. See screenshots.

Hmm..no idea why it isn't working for you Winterhart...

I did notice my resource.cfg differs from yours:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

but I dunno....
left clicking my sim it shows up for me...
all the best,
winter

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Eminence Grise
#233 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emilymarie0201
I still don't understand what path or where to stick the Mods & packages folders?

Rockerduck posted a nice basic guide here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344
Theorist
#234 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:20 AM
Berlioz13, I notice you sent me a pm, but I'll just reply here so other people can see the solution. That is, if we could find one

Quote: Originally posted by Berlioz13
I went to get the file from a free DLL files site.

I think this is your problem. I'm pretty sure you can't just get the dll from any site, Rick made one specifically for the game. Try Rick's dll.
Instructor
#235 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:47 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:37 PM.
Just one thing I noticed with "edit in CAS", you can't change non-playable a Sim's body weight or muscles (didn't check with Heros), they revert back too how they were before when you exit CAS or sometimes later (when you reload the game). I wanted my young Prince Henry to be thin and slender, but I guess he just has to be one of those pudgy royals... at least he's an adult, so I'm happy in any case!

This also happens in Sims 3 with the "editsim" cheat, so I don't know, maybe the body shape is sort of hard-coded in Sims?

(Oh, and one off the kids I grew-up keeps going back to the horribly-mangled-midget state... is there a way to kill a Sim?)

Edit: mangled midget no more after relaunching the game, phew...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#236 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:16 PM
There is something that can playble the grim reaper?!??!?!? Tipe the master controller??? PLS!!!!
Test Subject
#237 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:49 PM
Is there any command with which I can alter the aspects? In the list of cheats there is "setKingdomPoints" and "setKP" and I am unsure if they are what I am looking for and what I would have to set as a value.
I use a former kingdom to play a new ambition because I have already become attached to my characters there but the aspects are more or less maxed out. It means that there is hardly any illness, everything is secure, no more vulgar talking etc. Not that I want half the kingdom suffering from the plague again but it would be nice to lower them to a neutral state and fill the points up with new quests.

Regarding the children, given what information I read here, together with some of the quests and the "banter" in the genie quest, I wonder if there isn't something in the game already to make them grow up (magic spell or a special quest). Maybe there is a point when the heir quest begins to make sense (I haven't played it yet but my monarch already has a heir).
I don't know how a building shell works but isn't there a chance that you may also be able to "unlock" new rooms as you procede with the different ambitions?
Instructor
#238 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:58 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by doren
Is there any command with which I can alter the aspects? In the list of cheats there is "setKingdomPoints" and "setKP" and I am unsure if they are what I am looking for and what I would have to set as a value.
I use a former kingdom to play a new ambition because I have already become attached to my characters there but the aspects are more or less maxed out. It means that there is hardly any illness, everything is secure, no more vulgar talking etc. Not that I want half the kingdom suffering from the plague again but it would be nice to lower them to a neutral state and fill the points up with new quests.

Regarding the children, given what information I read here, together with some of the quests and the "banter" in the genie quest, I wonder if there isn't something in the game already to make them grow up (magic spell or a special quest). Maybe there is a point when the heir quest begins to make sense (I haven't played it yet but my monarch already has a heir).
I don't know how a building shell works but isn't there a chance that you may also be able to "unlock" new rooms as you procede with the different ambitions?

Some quest take off aspect point, but not much (maybe -1), so that would be interesting, it's true that when everything is too perfect it gets less challenging. It would be good if one could unleash a disaster like a plague or famine, but maybe that's included in a Challenge that we haven't seen yet? It would be very... medieval

Interesting thought about the heir quest, but... I'm afraid not though but maybe I'm being pessimistic. I don't think the game is focused towards the dynastic aspect of Kingdoms, though it's really a pity because it would be great. Also interesting about the new rooms, I wonder if they'll be more buildings too, because now what is there to add to the game? I'm at my second Ambition (the Imperial one) and all I can see that's new in town is a tent on the beach, and maybe it was there already... (edit: the tent is part of the pirate-whatever quest, duh)

Instructor
#239 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:45 PM
Oh, and I have another question about "edit in CAS"... the sim bin isn't enabled, is there another way to save a Sim? I grew the heir, Prince Henry, into an adult, and it would be nice if I could use him as a Monarch if my King dies...

Test Subject
#240 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:11 PM
How do you grow up a kid?
Instructor
#241 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:26 PM
You need the "edit in CAS" mod, check here, then you only need to click on the child to get the "edit in CAS" option, once in CAS as soon as you click on "basics" it becomes an adult. Sometimes they show up really strange in the beginning but they become "normal" after a while (though you might want to backup your last save before doing this). To change their clothes after you need to use the "plan another Sim's outfit" interaction via a dresser or chest.

Test Subject
#242 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Oh, and I have another question about "edit in CAS"... the sim bin isn't enabled, is there another way to save a Sim? I grew the heir, Prince Henry, into an adult, and it would be nice if I could use him as a Monarch if my King dies...

Hello, I do not have the problem of reverting weight or muscles, the changes are work after pressing the tick in CAS, but you are correct, cannot save the Sims in this method, looking for the solution on exporting....
Test Subject
#243 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:40 PM
Is there some slider multiplier, like the awesome mod x2,x3,x4,x5 and drakas slider mod?
Strange... nobody asked for this improve, i feel like an orphan without this enhancement in a sims game.
Lab Assistant
#244 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:51 PM
Did anyone else experience the problem, that TSM starts stuttering rather severly after adding a random npc to the list of controllable npcs ? I first edited her in CAS, then added her to the list and now, while my main char is talking to her, the game stutters severly between interactions, sometimes it freezes for up to a minute ? I do have some custom hairs installed and i am using patch 1.2.3...
Lab Assistant
#245 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cjlind6436
I've run into a bit of a problem, which seems to have stemmed from treeag's CAS mod (or at least it started immediately after using it). I entered CAS on my monarch, but after I exited, I found that I could no longer self-interact (I get the "No Interactions Available" message). A moment ago, I noticed he also couldn't interact with some of the NPCs roaming around.

I tried using the shift+click Reset Sim option, but that didn't fix the problem. I've also tried reentering the Monarch's CAS via another Sim, but that failed as well. Anyone else encounter this? Does anyone know a solution?

Cheers,

EDIT: I've also tried restarting the game, which also failed to fix anything.

EDIT 2: After playing a bit more, it seems the other affected NPCs are NPCs betrothed to the monarch (not sure if it affects any others). I had to end a betrothal with one person via the "Set Relationship" option, and when I became betrothed during a quest, that NPC suddenly became un-interactable.

Actually i have experienced these issues too Did you maybe also experience stuttering ? I will try editing a certain npc, then remove the cas plugin and then restart the game...maybe that will keep problems away ?
Forum Resident
#246 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Just one thing I noticed with "edit in CAS", you can't change non-playable a Sim's body weight or muscles (didn't check with Heros), they revert back too how they were before when you exit CAS or sometimes later (when you reload the game).
Darn! Do you use any of jonha's sliders? If so do you know if the "stick" or not?
I would test this myself but as of now I still can't get "edit in CAS" to work.

Instructor
#247 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:45 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Darn! Do you use any of jonha's sliders? If so do you know if the "stick" or not?
I would test this myself but as of now I still can't get "edit in CAS" to work.

No, no sliders, but modifications on facial feature do "stick".

What I have in my Packages folder is:
- Treeag - TSMEditSimInCAS.package
- debugenabler_1.1.10.00001.package
- The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10.package
- ShimrodsMedievalNoRouteFailAnim.package
- a whole bunch of patterns
- some walls

I don't know, it's not like it a big deal, as I said at least they're adults, but still. Maybe it's related to not be able to change the clothing either? I haven't tried making the sim active and going to "edit in CAS" from their own pie menu, maybe that works?

Edit: no, I edited a NPC Sim in CAS (from child to adult) and made him selectable, and he doesn't have any self-interactions, no pie menu if I click on him (only the shift click options). He can interact with, or be interacted with normally though.

Test Subject
#248 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
I'm pretty sure you can't just get the dll from any site, Rick made one specifically for the game. Try Rick's dll.

Thanks! Works fine now.

Now to wait for a mod that allows you to save or export sims from the CAS after having mistakenly forgotten to save them upon creation...

I have a Helena Bonham-Carter clone as a wizard that I REALLY don't want to lose.

Took me an hour to make her face!

*pressures mod community*
Forum Resident
#249 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Berlioz13, I notice you sent me a pm, but I'll just reply here so other people can see the solution. That is, if we could find one

I think this is your problem. I'm pretty sure you can't just get the dll from any site, Rick made one specifically for the game. Try Rick's dll.
Edit in CAS problem solved. It is was a problem with the .dll. Works great with Rick's!

Test Subject
#250 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 3:03 AM
shift click to add members to the quest party
Quote: Originally posted by MarkQuinn
Getting back to the remarks about custom quests, I think an important thing to consider might be the "end game" free time quest.
I've read a lot of complaints about how poorly it's been implemented. On the one hand, it's good that we can have this free time to
continue playing around in our kingdoms as we see fit, but the problem (according to what I read, though I haven't gotten there
myself) is that in the free time quest, all the daily duties are removed and there's no way to level up. So if you have a wizard, for
instance, and you hadn't worked on his skills throughout the quest sections of the game, he'll be out of luck once he reaches free
time because he won't be able to learn new spells or gain abilities. As for the lack of daily duties, that sort of takes away the
direction of your character and leaves him or her with a meaningless existence. If people are going to start making quests, it might
make sense to start by editing the parameters of the existing free time quest, perhaps in two version: one with continued XP gain
and daily duties, and one with just continued XP gain (for those who don't care about the duties or who are glad to be rid of them).

Note, this isn't a request per se. It's actually a reply to a post from earlier where someone wanted to see a "free time" quest, perhaps
not knowing that one already exists, but is fatally flawed.

I have been using the cheat to add members to my quests. Like I take along the Blacksmith, and the Merchant to help the Wizard quest. Then when the quest is over the Wizard drops from the party and I a can continues leveling the other party members. Until I select Kingdom mode and select to do another quest. I have tce = 1 and use shift right click on another hero. Only four party member icons show. All are playable seperately and only one is on the quest. Leveling and daily quests can be concurrent with them all. Great fun. I really like sims 3 adventure. That add on needs more quests. Maxis should make a quest pack just for adventure.
enjoy, dracman
Page 10 of 24