Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM
Blue genie skin
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Surprise! TSM kids do have genetics! Mind you, not actually when they're children. Thanks to treeag I was able to turn one of my kids into a "proper" adult in CAS and lo and behold they do resemble their parents and take off the pudding generic face. Of course, the game doesn't like people doing that and produces nasty crashes but I'm very happy to learn that there will be a way to have dynasties in a way. All we need is a way to turn kids into proper adults with a profession (set profession does not work, the game still assumes they're kids by default) and a way for old heroes to "retire". Having multiple heroes of the same profession doesn't work all too well, too, unfortunately. But I am sure this can be resolved. Yay! YAY!

Got the genie into bed with the female wizard before he left town (free the genie). The wizard child Lil' wiz, had her mothers skin color. Drat. I was hoping for the Genie blue.
dracman
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:23 PM
Conundrum
Quote: Originally posted by HarperJane
I agree with bestock. I'm also on a Mac and would like to know how to do this. At least all the patterns here on mts are already .package files! I don't really mind everything ending up in the misc section, but I think it will be a problem as I acquire patterns. Plus I found some really lovely patterns on another site that are .sims3pack and it makes me sad that I can't have them.

First of all, using the sims3packextractor.exe (with mono) one can extract all the pattern package files. There are tutorials for Mac users on MactasticSims3.com - and Loofah is very helpful.

Now, for the CONUNDRUM!!! I've extracted many of the patterns I made using EA's pattern maker (for Mac). Because I'm on a Mac! And if I put one in my Sims Medieval mods folder, it shows up in the game. If I put two in the mods folder one pattern shows up, but twice. With three, the same thing, three show up but only one pattern three times. Even though they are quite different patterns. I call the one that shows up "the dominant pattern".

After putting in 5 patterns that I created and having this happen consistantly, I tried taking out the first "dominant" pattern, only to have one of the others become "dominant" in the same manner.

So, what I'm saying is that if I put in 4 patterns, a white pattern, a blue pattern, a red pattern, and a green pattern (that I made with EA's pattern maker) one of the patterns dominates, and say blue is the dominant one then all four show up as the blue pattern. If I take out the blue pattern then one of the other patterns turns into the dominant one.

I looked at the xml using Postal, but I am not sophisticated enough to understand what the problem is. I can probably fix it using Postal if I only knew what to change.

I have put in other people's patterns and they seem to work ok.

Any help on this? Any ideas?
Instructor
#253 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:39 PM
Some pattern show up in the proper category, but I think it's because some categories are the same for both games (wood or fabric, for instance), but of course if a pattern type doesn't exist in TSM it will end up in the misc bin, the same for walls, I have a couple showing up in panelling or masonry but most end up in the misc bin too.

I managed to use some .Sim3Pack patterns installing them in TS3 via the launcher and copying the .package files from the DCBackup folder, but it only worked with one set off patterns (ayyuff's recent Damask set), didn't work with Becca's (they just didn't show up in the catalog) and others. There's probably a reason why some work and some don't, I imagine it's the original image size used?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#254 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Some pattern show up in the proper category, but I think it's because some categories are the same for both games (wood or fabric, for instance), but of course if a pattern type doesn't exist in TSM it will end up in the misc bin, the same for walls, I have a couple showing up in panelling or masonry but most end up in the misc bin too.

I managed to use some .Sim3Pack patterns installing them in TS3 via the launcher and copying the .package files from the DCBackup folder, but it only worked with one set off patterns (ayyuff's recent Damask set), didn't work with Becca's (they just didn't show up in the catalog) and others. There's probably a reason why some work and some don't, I imagine it's the original image size used?

I'm thinking that the reason some show up and some don't might be related to the layers, you the know rgb thing? But, hey, I'm guessing, my knowledge is less than adequate, and I keep trying to figure it out.

I thought maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself could point me in the right direction, especially as far as why my own patterns all show up as one pattern. There must be some id or something causing a conflict.
Field Researcher
#255 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Berlioz13
That link led nowhere so I went to get the file from a free DLL files site. I put it in Game/Bin and there's still no Edit in CAS...

I am sooo sorry. This should be the proper path to Rockerduck's page with Rick's .dll file and intructions. I don't have a clue where my head was that day! Sorry!!! ish

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:03 PM
Did anyone actually try to use custom hairs ? I managed to get custom hairs working, but its only accessable for usual npc, not for the heroes...
Unfortunately the hair will get removed as soon as you change the npc´s profession, as he or she would be considered a hero then...
Is there a way to make it available for anyone ?

Also is there a way to keep random npcs from storming the house ? When i play as the smith, i sometimes get the feeling that i am running a clubhouse...and to make matters worse some npcs simply ignore the goodbye option..
Test Subject
#257 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jesse_n
anyone have any luck with cracking the achievements? i'm getting just a LITTLE aggrivated with having to unlock stuff to use through them.

I can't wait for this! Kissing the feet of who ever comes up with this! Takes a long time to complete all these.
Test Subject
#258 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BobbieD
I can't wait for this! Kissing the feet of who ever comes up with this! Takes a long time to complete all these.

It has already been made. See Achievement modding?
Field Researcher
#259 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:21 AM Last edited by andistyr : 5th Apr 2011 at 12:35 AM.
Frigis' help and achievement mod worked great. I had some of the achievements completed already. I put the mod in and all the achievements were completed and I followed Frigis' instructions on completing the ambitions and now all the unlockable costumes and objects are unlocked plus the achievements and ambitions are completed. I'm just having fun playing my two kingdoms (I deleted the rest of the kingdoms I had to start at each ambition).
Test Subject
#260 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:05 AM
thank you!
Test Subject
#261 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:01 AM
what craze will i start next i wonder? a shop mod where a seperate shop from others has everything from food to recipie books with infinite amounts? i do have to get into the 'learn to mod so you can do this' class
Test Subject
#262 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowS
Do you think it would be possible to create the NPCs that wander around (not play as them, just design and name them)?

I had the Peteran priest already and was making a Jacobian priest (or whatever they're called lol). I saved her and clicked the checkmark to exit CAS, but it still showed no character for the position. Went back in, loaded my saved sim, and that time it worked. Later on I noticed an NPC wandering around with the same name and body/hair/face, just different clothes. I haven't seen this with any other character. Not sure what the heck happened but maybe there's a weird cheat I accidentally used? Not sure how helpful that is but maybe someone will figure it out.
Instructor
#263 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bstar84
I had the Peteran priest already and was making a Jacobian priest (or whatever they're called lol). I saved her and clicked the checkmark to exit CAS, but it still showed no character for the position. Went back in, loaded my saved sim, and that time it worked. Later on I noticed an NPC wandering around with the same name and body/hair/face, just different clothes. I haven't seen this with any other character. Not sure what the heck happened but maybe there's a weird cheat I accidentally used? Not sure how helpful that is but maybe someone will figure it out.

The same happened to me on two occassions. I am fairly certain it's a game glitch. Simply created a Sim in CAS, confirmed, and the position was still vacant. Later, I found that very Sim wandering around town.
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:24 PM
It appears that some wandering NPCs are pre-generated (Neema the Deft, Flint the Dashing Young Falconer), so it would be a matter of tracking down where those are stored and adding your own perhaps?
Instructor
#265 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 7:45 PM
Sorry, I have a silly question, I've tried to look for an answer in this thread but I'm confused... does Treeag's "Testing cheats Enabled" mod replace having the modified .ini file or do you need to have that file modified in any case to be able to use mods? Just in case it's safer for the game to just have a mod in the Packages folder instead, or if both things can conflict (or are they unrelated?)

Instructor
#266 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 8:13 PM
Oh, and me again (sorry, really) I have tested, and after changing a NPC Sim in CAS with the "EditSinInCAS" mod they loose their self-interaction pie-menu when active... also as I mentioned before facial modifications "stick" but body shape modifications don't, just like the clothing, independently from editing in CAS from the NPC Sim's pie-menu (this option is only available the first time, obviously) or by clicking on them with another active/Hero Sim.

I'm playing on a Mac, so my game version in 1.1.10 (second patch not available for Mac yet), and other mods I have are the modified .ini file, "AutoDisableClothingFilter", "NoRouteFailAnim", "debugenabler_1.1.10.00001" and "NoMosaic", though I take this one out sometimes because people never bathed in the Middle Ages so it's kind of pointless...

Not complaining, it's a great mod regardless, just giving some feedback in case it's useful...

Test Subject
#267 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 8:43 PM
hello. I tested my favourite TS3 default replacement eyes by aikea guinea in The Sims Medieval game and it works fine
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawfeczka
hello. I tested my favourite TS3 default replacement eyes by aikea guinea in The Sims Medieval game and it works fine

Just tried it out, works brilliantly Now if only someone could test custom hairs on hero npcs
Test Subject
#269 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:21 PM
Sorry, I have a silly question, I've tried to look for an answer in this thread but I'm confused... does Treeag's "Testing cheats Enabled" mod replace having the modified .ini file or do you need to have that file modified in any case to be able to use mods? Just in case it's safer for the game to just have a mod in the Packages folder instead, or if both things can conflict (or are they unrelated?)

Correct, with this mod you don't have to edit your commands.ini file yourself.

Don't know if having both will screw things up or not, but to be safe, you should use just one.
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:25 PM

Becca uses the EA CAP tool to make her patterns. Converting CAP tool sims3pack to packages causes problems in TS3 and I guess they cause the same in TSM. From my poking around, it seems that CAP tool handles the image files differently. It seems to keep each color "channel" as a separate file (within the pack). I would expect patterns made by the TSRW tool to be convertible.

(Also, the mac version of the CAP tool is messed up - it will only allow patterns with one color option to be exported to sims3packs, instead of the 4 channel options that the windows version allows. )
Instructor
#271 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 10:18 PM
@PyroPete Thank you so much for your helpful info! I already have the modified .ini file, so I'll leave things as they are for now.

@Laure Hmm, I see, that makes sense... too bad though, some of Becca's patterns were perfect for MTS...

Test Subject
#272 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 10:51 PM

I've been using both files together and they seems to be work fine, but I think I will use Treeag's mod instead modifying command.ini file.
as far I know the both files do the same thing in game
Test Subject
#273 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 10:57 PM
Instructor
#274 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
I've been using both files together and they seems to be work fine, but I think I will use Treeag's mod instead modifying command.ini file.
as far I know the both files do the same thing in game

Yes, that makes sense, maybe it's less "harmful" for the game? I'd have to re-install the original .ini file though.

Test Subject
#275 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 11:34 PM
Yes, that makes sense, maybe it's less "harmful" for the game? I'd have to re-install the original .ini file though.

I don't know if keeping those files together could be "harmful" for my game ,but for me personally it's easier to put Treeaq's mod in my Mods/Packages folder and I think there is no point to keep both files if they do the same thing in my game, but I could be wrong
Page 11 of 24