Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:50 PM
Default What are you making for the performing arts theme?
I have been hard at work, making a toddler piano (custom animations and custom sound ) for the performing arts theme.

Anybody else making anything?

Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:53 PM
That looks so cool, gdayars! I can't wait for it to be uploaded :D

I'm gonna build a Karoake Bar and possibly some concert posters.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:25 AM
That is sooo cool! I love it. =D
Link Ninja
#4 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:47 AM
I'm actually almost to the point to submit a dinner amphitheater!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 7:23 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:24 PM
Congratulations Charmful on uploading your amphitheater.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:04 PM
Look what Jones made for me! She made my toddler piano a new mesh

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:30 PM
Oh very cute Gayars - you could upload it as a team.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:31 PM
We might create a neighborhood for this theme... but we'll have to get Emerald Heights done first.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Look what Jones made for me! She made my toddler piano a new mesh

Oh, I love my toddlers!
I'm going to need this piano.
(yeah, like I need more CC -- but this one I really do need!)

Uh oh. I just clicked on the link to your site.
My Downloads folder is going to EXPLODE!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
We might create a neighborhood for this theme... but we'll have to get Emerald Heights done first.

A performing arts university perhaps? :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:57 PM
@SciBirg

Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg

I made a School of Arts some time ago for a new university which has never been used. It would need some work on it before I would upload it though (landscaping, etc)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 11:57 PM
I'm trying to finish the concert hall from my gothic univeristy campus project in time to submit it for this theme... in part because I want to participate, but also in part because the CFF thread seems to be a somewhat more limited audience than I'd hope for in terms of feedback, and posting it as an upload and requesting feedback on the general themes I use seems more promising!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Link Ninja
#15 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'm trying to finish the concert hall from my gothic univeristy campus project in time to submit it for this theme... in part because I want to participate, but also in part because the CFF thread seems to be a somewhat more limited audience than I'd hope for in terms of feedback, and posting it as an upload and requesting feedback on the general themes I use seems more promising!

I would be on that concert hall so fast. Is this the same one you had pics of in the 'what's' happening in your game' thread a few months back? That was one beautiful looking place. Good luck on finishing it! I hope it can be shared eventually!

Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 2:29 AM
'Tis indeed the very same! I'm trying to figure out an arrangement that'll work for the necessary restrooms and coffee shops to actually make the lot functional, not just aesthetically interesting!

Link Ninja
#17 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
'Tis indeed the very same! I'm trying to figure out an arrangement that'll work for the necessary restrooms and coffee shops to actually make the lot functional, not just aesthetically interesting!

It'd probably best it was functional but the reason I am so interested in it was because I could see it fitting perfectly as setting for a chapter in my sims story, which is like 90% posing. Where we're going, we don't need clear paths! *trying to insert Back to the future reference*

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I had surgery today and am still kind of loopy from pain meds.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:41 AM
Nah, I completely understand what you're driving at, especially with my almost monomaniacal focus on form over function! There are many times when I've been thrilled with the appearance of a particular part of one of my lots, only to find that when I playtested it, Sims couldn't even walk through an area successfully!

Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg

And/or a hood with a major TV or movie studio nearby... resulting in lots of sims wandering around town in various costumes, bizarre props and buildings littered throughout the neighbourhood, and a mixture of inhabitants, from crazy-rich (emphasis on the crazy) retired film stars or directors and their spoiled rotten offspring, to mega-fans who live nearby hoping for a glimpse of their idols or who collect props from the show they are obsessed with, aspiring stars hoping for their lucky break, reporters, animal trainers, prop makers, and perhaps even a complex for the less privileged cleaners and servants of the rich, living in the shadow of these extravagant houses.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Link Ninja
#20 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
And/or a hood with a major TV or movie studio nearby... resulting in lots of sims wandering around town in various costumes, bizarre props and buildings littered throughout the neighbourhood, and a mixture of inhabitants, from crazy-rich (emphasis on the crazy) retired film stars or directors and their spoiled rotten offspring, to mega-fans who live nearby hoping for a glimpse of their idols or who collect props from the show they are obsessed with, aspiring stars hoping for their lucky break, reporters, animal trainers, prop makers, and perhaps even a complex for the less privileged cleaners and servants of the rich, living in the shadow of these extravagant houses.

Have you seen Zara's amazing TV studio lot?. Though a movie lot could be a big interesting one like you see for Warner brothers with their set warehouses.

Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:41 PM
Not only did we make a piano, but @gdayars and I (justJones) made a modding team Be on the look out for other toddler stuffs we've got ideas for! These themes are great for inspiring creativity...and teamwork!
just a girl
#22 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:37 AM
I've modded microphone to allow sims to perform and watch autonomously. I've already uploaded it, but wanted to let you know that it has one more version now. It comes with the menu that allows to switch between different modes, should you decide to make a mic personal or public or whatever. You can customize each mic if you want, or just leave it in auto mode.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:50 PM
Is that you (TotsInc) Jones?

Excellent

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:56 PM
This is a great mod! I'm looking forward to trying it in my game.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I've modded microphone to allow sims to perform and watch autonomously. I've already uploaded it, but wanted to let you know that it has one more version now. It comes with the menu that allows to switch between different modes, should you decide to make a mic personal or public or whatever. You can customize each mic if you want, or just leave it in auto mode.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:48 AM
Well we uploaded the piano tonight.It is under nursery
Page 1 of 2