Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:45 PM
Default Neighbourhoods
How do I download neighbourhoods? Specifically, this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=575543

I need desperate help! I've looked at loads of tutorials but none of them have worked
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:53 PM
download the file that says N624 as that's the main hood. B624 is if you would like to add it as a shopping district to an existing hood. it should be in one folder and you'll put the N624 in your neighborhoods folder in your my documents Ea directory

ETA: also download the midcentury walls that's in the file list apparently you need that as well. the other things in the part of the CC required section of the post are also needed just click on the links for those, unless you have them in your downloads already.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:01 PM
You download everything exactly the same way - choose which files you want, click them, tell the pop-up where to send it.

Then unzip the file - those are zip files, so all the common unzipping apps should unpack them, WinZip, WinRar, 7z, anything. Place the unzipped files in the correct folder: neighborhood file (N624) into your Neighborhoods folder, the terrain file into your SC4 map folder, the Mid-Century Modern Walls into your Downloads folder, and the subhood version (B624) in the Program files under EAGames/EP03 OFB/TSData/Res/Neighborhood Templates. When you load the game, the Neighborhood file will appear in your neighborhood chooser screen close to the end. The Walls will be in your Wall catalog. The terrain will be available to choose if you make a new neighborhood. If you load a neighborhood and choose the option to add a subhood, you should now have a choice of making a custom one, adding Bluewater Village, and adding Crowborough; though you'll probably need a fix by Mootilda to actually select both subhoods.

If there's a problem with one of the files, you should let the creator know, either with a PM or via the comment thread.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You download everything exactly the same way - choose which files you want, click them, tell the pop-up where to send it.

Then unzip the file - those are zip files, so all the common unzipping apps should unpack them, WinZip, WinRar, 7z, anything. Place the unzipped files in the correct folder: neighborhood file (N624) into your Neighborhoods folder, the terrain file into your SC4 map folder, the Mid-Century Modern Walls into your Downloads folder, and the subhood version (B624) in the Program files under EAGames/EP03 OFB/TSData/Res/Neighborhood Templates. When you load the game, the Neighborhood file will appear in your neighborhood chooser screen close to the end. The Walls will be in your Wall catalog. The terrain will be available to choose if you make a new neighborhood. If you load a neighborhood and choose the option to add a subhood, you should now have a choice of making a custom one, adding Bluewater Village, and adding Crowborough; though you'll probably need a fix by Mootilda to actually select both subhoods.

If there's a problem with one of the files, you should let the creator know, either with a PM or via the comment thread.
Thank you soo much
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
download the file that says N624 as that's the main hood. B624 is if you would like to add it as a shopping district to an existing hood. it should be in one folder and you'll put the N624 in your neighborhoods folder in your my documents Ea directory

ETA: also download the midcentury walls that's in the file list apparently you need that as well. the other things in the part of the CC required section of the post are also needed just click on the links for those, unless you have them in your downloads already.
Thanks so much!!!!!!