Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:30 PM
Default Outdoor Ceiling Lamps [keep for BHAV info in post]
I cloned a lamp I meshed from a Maxis ceiling light. No problem there. However, the light is part of a Patio Set and I want to be able to place in outdoors on my patio roof without cheats. What BHAV do I have to add so I don't keep getting the message "Must be placed indoors"?
Thanks...
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 12:50 AM
Try adding a placement flag to clear attached to ceiling.
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x002A (placement flags) Clear Flag flag# Literal 0x000D (attached to ceiling))
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 8:12 AM
Sorry Maria, that didn't work.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 7:45 PM
I know (from a message elsewhere) that's about the only thing you didn't try. So you tried the more obvious things like allowing object/objects & sim intersection?

Wonder what setting a placement flag to "allow in air" would do? What you want to do -can- be done, I know that much.
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 7:50 PM
Allowing it to be placed on the ground and floor are the placement flags you want.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:55 PM
^ And that's how, lol! Thanks for helping out here HW!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 11:40 PM
Thanks HW. I tried allowing on ground and allowing on floor, but not both. Gonna try it out now.

Followup...So sorry, that didn't work either. Added allow on floor and allow on terrain, still get the message "Must be placed indoors". It's driving me nuts!
Theorist
#8 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 11:56 PM
@MLC, I tried! lol

Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
Thanks HW. I tried allowing on ground and allowing on floor, but not both. Gonna try it out now.

Followup...So sorry, that didn't work either. Added allow on floor and allow on terrain, still get the message "Must be placed indoors". It's driving me nuts!

There's something in the BHAVs that needs to be cleared then similar to what MLC described in her post. I'm not sure how familiar you are with this stuff but If you look in the init bhav whatever it is that's preventing placement should be there. Or if you want to attach it I'll be happy to take a look at it for you.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 12:12 AM

The only other thing I can think of is something to do with room/rooms. Or maybe set/clear needs to be something else, but I never remember what all of those little symbols - ie., := - mean.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 2:00 AM Last edited by raynuss : 5th Jun 2015 at 2:36 AM.
I'm pretty comfortable with BHAV editing. There are only two entries in the init bhav...[semi 0x0006] Function - Init with no arguments and [semi 0x0003] Init - Ceiling with no arguments. I viewed the BHAV's in each one and from what I observed, I added BHAV's to the Init. I cleared the placement flag for attached to ceiling and the exclusive placement flag for ceiling and it still doesn't work. Next I added a flag to allow on terrain...still nothing. There doesn't seem to be anything else except one for room placement with values of My, roomplacement, :=, Literal, 2 but I'm not sure what value to put in place of the "2". A little guidance there would be appreciated.

Maria, := in computer programming terms means "store the following value".
Theorist
#11 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 2:35 AM Last edited by Honeywell : 5th Jun 2015 at 2:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
I'm pretty comfortable with BHAV editing. There are only two entries in the init bhav...[semi 0x0006] Function - Init with no arguments and [semi 0x0003] Init - Ceiling with no arguments. I viewed the BHAV's in each one and from what I observed, I added BHAV's to the Init. I cleared the placement flag for attached to ceiling and the exclusive placement flag for ceiling and it still doesn't work. Next I added a flag to allow on terrain...still nothing. There doesn't seem to be anything else except one for room placement with values of My, roomplacement, :=, Literal, 2 and I'm not sure how to change that. A little guidance there would be appreciated.

I went ahead and edited a light for you before your edit but I can't really explain this stuff well anyway so it's for the best. You're welcome to clone it, extract the bhav for your own package or just take a look to see what I changed. It's 0$ under ceiling lights.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HW_outdoorCeilingLight-noCheats.zip (74.8 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 2:38 AM Last edited by raynuss : 5th Jun 2015 at 2:58 AM.
Thanks HW. I'll take a look at what you did.

Looked at your ceiling lamp and in less than 1 minute, I was able to fix my ceiling lamp so it can be placed outdoors without cheats. Thanks for your help. I learned something new today thanks to you.
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 3:05 AM
You're welcome, raynuss. I'm glad you got it sorted.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#14 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 3:20 AM
I see what you did there HW, never thought of doing that but it makes perfect sense now that I see it. *learned something new today too*