Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
How about the mental health of the people who don't want to pay for things that don't even agree as being a necessary health issue? How about the mental health of the people who don't believe these claims to be morally sound and right? Imagine waking up one morning and someone telling you your going to work today to pay for this persons mental health issue even if you don't believe it's a mental health issue. And even if it goes against your conscious, that's too bad for you. You will do what your told and everything you have ever known to believe to be right and morally sound doesn't matter.

Ok, if you don't want to believe that gender dissociation is a disorder... honestly that's your problem, it means that you don't believe in science (yeah, psychology is a science too).

Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
And yes it makes me angry that i, the taxpayer and am being forced to pay for a criminal or anyone for that matter to get his luxurious fantasy of becoming a woman be fulfilled. And he doesn't even have to pay for it. You want to pay for it, go ahead, but don't tell me i have to pay for something i don't even see as morally acceptable. And we are not talking about a broken arm.

Talking about gender reassignment as a "luxurious fantasy of becoming a woman" shows that you either have no idea of what a gender dissociation is or you simply don't give a damn about other people's suffering. It sickens me when people talks about mental health issues with this disrespect. I don't care about taxes now, people deserve some respect, even if you don't know how they feel, even if you can't imagine that and even if they disgust you... please stop disrespecting trans people.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Yup, that's quite possibly true. But that doesn't make me think that it's wrong/immoral/unethical that she got the gender reassignment whilst in prison, but rather that it's wrong that it wasn't available to her earlier and that it's not acceptable that people can be refused medical treatment because of the cost.

this. forever.

by the way...people who have a problem with "paying for other peoples wish fufillment": welcome to society. you live in one. this is how you are also able to live the way you do. get over it.

i would still like to know why she killed her wife. maybe once i un-lazy enough to do a more thorough google search of it.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#78 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny
I can't believe this. This person was punished for being a murderer yet is given a sex change they didn't deserve and yet SOMEHOW I'm being closed-minded? This is a PSYCHO. A PSYCHO. I am not being closed minded, I myself am technically trans.

I see your point, but you too are confusing. The Law should treat people equally regardless os sex or sexual preference. So what are we discussing here, murder or gender? I can´t believe how this gets mixed-up.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Scholar
#79 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 4:06 PM
@Sayyadina. How the hell did you even find this thread? You just necro'ed a thread almost a year old.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.

Page 4 of 4