Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 4:10 PM
Default I love everything about the Insane trait. Except one thing.
Ah, "Insane" trait. How I love it, but never use it.

The biggest thing that grates on my nerves is the clothing switching. I hate it. Every time I try it, I end up removing it. I even tried making their formal/athletic outfit look like typical clothing, but then they change into their bathing suits. o_o;

I love the random wants. I love the "Talk about conspiracy theories." I love that they can talk to themselves and fish in swimming pools. I was just making a sim and saw the expression it makes in CAS - and it was hilarious.

But the stupid clothing changing. It just . . . aarrggghhh. I'm not quite sure. Perhaps it's because I laid out all these nice neat clothes for them . . . and I'm playing the sims. They're allowed to have some free will, but it just sort of wrecks the type of sim I have them in mind of being.
And some clothing switches conflict with other traits. A never nude wouldn't wander around in public wearing his bathing suit. An athletic sim wouldn't wear a formal outfit if she didn't have to. Snobs are snobs - they wouldn't run around in their pajamas.

blargh

Does anyone share this with me? Do you have any traits that you sort of like, but there are aspects of them just annoy the heck out of you?

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 4:30 PM
I had this insane Sim who happened to be wearing her formal wear the morning of her son's wedding party. But as soon as the party started, she switched into athletic wear, lol.
If you have master controller, you can force your insane Sim into any outfit you want. Though that gets tiresome, because you have to do it every time they change.

I have issues with the Vegetarian trait. I love the idea, but I hate that some recipes include stealth meat when prepared by non-vegetarian Sims. Like spaghetti. Your Sim can prepare it with just a tomato, but if a vegetarian Sim eats spaghetti prepared by non-vegetarian, it is assumed to have meat. For me it's too much hassle to have a vegetarian Sim living with non-vegetarians and trying to remember which leftovers are okay to eat, so I just don't use that trait.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM
That is why I try to find the nicest outfits for my insane sim to wear in every category. Want to change, but look funny at a formal party, I have set up this pajama set that look like lounge wear. You look lovely still, my dear sim. Going to the gym, but don't like your gym clothes, just switch into the conspiracy theorist favorite, camoflagued clothing.

Really, I don't care what they wear, just love how they act. They have the best idle animations in the whole game.

Irritating as vegetarians can be in the game, I find them entertaining too. I am like "Oops, didn't realize Stu Surprise would have meat... hey sim, you should have stopped me." All they while I am Now I want to try a vegetarian, eco-friendly, sim. How can I mess with their life?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:27 PM
Hehe I love making vegetarians puke I am mean that way, but the clothes changing on the insane sims I just take with a grain of salt. I am not happy about it but I feel its a small thing to pay for insanity. I just like you try to pick nice clothes in all category.
#5 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:35 PM
I love the insane trait, innapropriate, hot-headed trait, and the evil trait - all in one sim makes for some amusing moments I generally put these type of sims into the medical profession
#6 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stina1701-D
Hehe I love making vegetarians puke :D

Cackles in an Evil way ...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:55 PM
I really like the insane trait, but my problem with it is that when I control the Sims, they don't act insane, so now if I have an insane Sim in the household, I can't control them.

I don't really have traits that I hate, some I find quite challenging to play with, like "Hates the outdoors" because I like my sims to live outdoors. What's the point of an open hood if you are going stay inside 4 walls all the time?
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I have issues with the Vegetarian trait. I love the idea, but I hate that some recipes include stealth meat when prepared by non-vegetarian Sims. Like spaghetti. Your Sim can prepare it with just a tomato, but if a vegetarian Sim eats spaghetti prepared by non-vegetarian, it is assumed to have meat. For me it's too much hassle to have a vegetarian Sim living with non-vegetarians and trying to remember which leftovers are okay to eat, so I just don't use that trait.

I've been a vegetarian for eight years, and people put meat in some pretty weird things (IMO--I don't have a problem with people eating meat, but I find it strange when people have a meal with meat in every dish). I've gone over to a person's house for dinner before and been served something like green bean casserole with sausage (and I make sure to tell people I'm a vegetarian before we eat together, so I can bring a vegetarian dish if necessary). But I do find it strange in TS3 when the recipe calls for only tomatoes, but somehow there's meat in spaghetti?

I'm playing an insane sim right now and she's adorable. I made sure to create super-cute outfits for her, but I couldn't find anything good for her gym clothes (and of course, she ALWAYS wears her gym clothes >.<). So I do kinda find that aspect of insane sims aggravating. I haven't tried fishing in a pool yet. :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 8:05 PM
What a coincidence: Just one hour ago ago I sent my Sims to France and one of the explorers is insane. Between her leaving the bed and making her way to the kitchen she must have changed clothes 15 times. She actually spins her way to the fridge. I really do not like this. I moved my Sims from the basecamp to the nectary because it drove *me* insane having to hear that "swish" sound every two seconds.
I do not really understand why so many players like the insane trait. I played one insane Sim once and found it more disturbing than entertaining and now I steer clear of every mad Sim my Sims encounter. Unfortunately, the special merchant in this game's France is insane, too
But when it comes to other traits that begin to grate on my nerves it must certainly be excitable - constant cheering and clapping, I just can't take it anymore.
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 8:57 PM
I think the vegetarians in the game seem a tad....bulimic? O.o

I mean, I'm a vegan, and once I caught myself eating that damn cajun rice from Popeyes and I was just like 'wtf, does the rice have ground chicken gizzards in it? I'm going to hell for this...' >_> I guess EA just wanted the vegetarians to seem more "in-depth", hence the puking, but it's kinda weird.
Inventor
#11 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Now I want to try a vegetarian, eco-friendly, sim. How can I mess with their life?

I played a vegetarian, eco-friendly sim. She was such an adorable little hippie. When she first moved in, she didn't have enough money to add a shower to the bathroom so she had to take baths every day which really pissed her off. She couldn't afford a bike either so she had to go everywhere in a cab and that would always give her a bad mood. She wound up partnered with a lovely lady that was not vegetarian but had high cooking skill so she almost always cooked. I sorta felt bad for her always getting nauseous but whatever, that's the same damn spaghetti you cook for yourself so get over it. :D

I can't stand the daredevil trait. I mean, what a let-down. I thought they'd be doing fun stuff and all they do is gross everyone out eating dirt.

Also the dislikes children trait is pretty annoying. But I like to do things that are not entirely in alignment with their traits so just because you don't like children, doesn't mean you won't have any but I get tired of seeing the negative moodlet every time they have to interact with their own child. I mean, dislike other people's kids but give me a break - that's your kid!

kittens!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
I played a vegetarian, eco-friendly sim. She was such an adorable little hippie. When she first moved in, she didn't have enough money to add a shower to the bathroom so she had to take baths every day which really pissed her off. She couldn't afford a bike either so she had to go everywhere in a cab and that would always give her a bad mood. She wound up partnered with a lovely lady that was not vegetarian but had high cooking skill so she almost always cooked. I sorta felt bad for her always getting nauseous but whatever, that's the same damn spaghetti you cook for yourself so get over it. :D

Ooo, I can't wait to try that. That is adorable.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:30 PM
I actually like that element of the insane trait. The way I play, I almost never see any of my Sims in any outfits except the everyday ones. It's refreshing to see my Sims wearing something different.
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:36 PM
I love excitable sims, my legacy founder *pokes signature* is so cute when she's all hyper
Inventor
#15 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:56 PM
The excitable ones make such wonderful faces and I love how they get So Excited over something terribly dull like, a table...clapping and cheering like they won the lottery.

kittens!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 11:47 PM
Nevrotic is growing on me. Combine insane with nervous, and that's your trait. For some reason it seems to make him more clumsy too, and he sometimes runs around checking that the stove isn't on, and occasionally he "flips out" which I've never actually seen myself, but it gives him a good moodlet. One time he "flipped out" he fell in that green pool at the science center, which btw he's always swimming in. That could be what makes him seem clumsy.

Besides, some of the interactions with others are funny. I also love the insane trait.

For children, "loving the outdoors" is cool - they automatically go to sleep in the tree house like every third night or so. Awwwww. <3 Wish I had one like that when I was a child.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 3:22 AM
I too love the insane trait, but thankfully I have Twallan's master controller to make sure she wears something vaguely appropriate during photo ops. Or, if I want to, something so inappropriate it makes for a memorable photo/home video.

She's a vampire and my ghost hunter, so she has some pre-tty strange idles. :lovestruc

I gotta say, the 'excited' idles are what drive me nuts. Or if your sim is Elated and they won't stop clapping and cheering.

Personally, I like my Grumpy sims. They make the best faces sometimes. At the back of a birthday party, they're always scowling while I take pictures. :D

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
Does anyone share this with me? Do you have any traits that you sort of like, but there are aspects of them just annoy the heck out of you?

I like Hot-head trait combined with Snob, it is hilarious. The side-effect is that such Sims would have their relation bars with other Sims drop down quite fast if you don't pay attention. Oh, well. They make good fighters anyway.
Site Helper
#19 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 2:34 AM
I love Absent-Minded, Kleptomaniac, Childish, Lucky and Insane, with the perk "Inappropriate, but in a good way". (A random combination the game gave me.) I dislike telling my sim 3 times to go finish things, but once she was registered as a collector she could find a few valuable gems lying around the neighborhood, then use the high quality beds, fridges, stoves, etc. in all the neighbor's houses instead of going home. (Or wander in and steal the lights, then complain that it's dark.) And having a teddy bear (and a rubber ducky) is still handy when they grow up.

I love imagining the dialog that some of those situations she gets into would cause.

"Oops, I forgot this wasn't mine"
"Why are we naked in bed?"
"What's wrong with fishing in the swimming pool while everyone else is swimming? Nobody -did- get caught on the hook, did they?"
"But I -like- my brand new PJs!"
"You were actually planning to use that birthday cake?!"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
I love excitable sims, my legacy founder *pokes signature* is so cute when she's all hyper

old forum topic but, will post anyway. I also love excitable trait. I got it on my sim Medic. He's so cute when he is thinking about his friends, that little animation where he claps and makes his happy sounds Sims 4 doesn't seem to have this trait or those cute animations
Scholar
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:41 PM
When i create sims I often press the random traits button, just to start things off. Anything I really can't work with I get rid of.(like Loner, for example). But if the character I'm after absolutely requires a trait I keep it, or put it in if its not already there. Normally I avoid using Hates Children, if I'm making a family, but recently I created a whole lot of characters from Annie, and Miss Hannigan just had to have that and the Mean Spirited trait. Annie was supposed to start out living with her, then meet Oliver Warbucks and move in with him. But the odd thing is that, inspite of everything, they became good friends, and they still are. Even now that Annie is living in the Warbucks mansion, Miss Hannigan often calls her.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor