Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:23 AM
Default Making some mods
I know this may not be the best place for posting this thread, but I've got to catch people's eyes.

I'm starting to get the idea that I might have to learn how to create two mods of my own.

01) - A mod that will replace the elder male and female 02 Archbase face templates with the adult versions.
02) - A mod that will allow maternity clothes to be accessed in Create a Sim debugging mode, as everyday wear (I want to be able to replace Pascal's default everyday clothes, with his maternity garments).

The problem is that I don't know how to make these mods, since I don't know how to make mods. Also I've been sending private messages, making countless requests for modders / volunteers to make these mods for me. But the people who would be prepared to make these mods appear to have left Mod the Sims. And those that are still here do not have the skills and interests that match what I'm looking for.

I've been told that as a general rule though, Mod the Sims isn't the best place for making requests - but sadly I don't have an account on any Sim modding sites other than Mod the Sims. I've been trying to join More Awesome than You, but I can't figure out how to complete an account - I suck at making accounts online without assistance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:31 AM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:44 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 5th Mar 2015 at 6:57 AM. Reason: Adding on to post.
I don't mind trying to use that information as a guide, but it's very complicated information that may take some time to comprehend.
I would still prefer it if someone could provide me with some simple tips on how to make these mods, or even better, make these mods for me.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
I know this may not be the best place for posting this thread, but I've got to catch people's eyes.

If you know this is not the best place, why do you post here? o.O
MTS has lots of sections and sometimes is hard to figure out the best place to post - specially if you are not familiar with it - but knowingly posting in the wrong place is not the best way to get people's attention.

Also I've been sending private messages, making countless requests for modders / volunteers to make these mods for me. But the people who would be prepared to make these mods appear to have left Mod the Sims.

Also spamming lots of creators to make mods for you is a bit rude, don't you think?
I'd rather PM one of them and wait for a reply. They may not log into MTS every day. But if they don't reply you may PM another one later. PLEASE BE PATIENT. People have lives.
(And hopefully you PMed users from the TS2 Creators who take REQUESTS thread which is in the WCIF section, because PMing random creators who don't take requests would be both useless and annoying.)

I don't mind trying to use that information as a guide, but it's very complicated information that may take some time to comprehend.
I would still prefer it if someone could provide me with some simple tips on how to make these mods, or even better, make these mods for me.

Mods are not easy to create. You can't have three or four tips and have a mod ready. And there is no wizard to make everything automatically for you.
You may find different tutorials and you may like one better than another one, but don't expect them to be easy. Creating a mod takes time, specially if you want something custom.
If this tutorial is not for you, then look up something different in the Create section (top menu).
If you ask someone to create it for you, have in mind that what you are asking is indeed complicated. There are helpful creators who may mod it for you but please don't take it for granted nor think it will only take them a minute - because it won't.

I've been trying to join More Awesome than You, but I can't figure out how to complete an account - I suck at making accounts online without assistance.

MATY is not meant for people who can't figure out how to create an account. I'm pretty sure the site design is complex on purpose, just to avoid having a lot of people walking in every day.
There is lot of content there and it's a great source of mods but I would not think it's the most suitable site for beginners (such as myself who has only createdvery few mods).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:17 AM
There is a thread called Creators Who Take Requests, you are supposed to only PM those on the list who might be able to help, not just anyone.
MATY is NOT the place for someone who is not already awesome to post or ask for things, they will chase you around with flaming torches and eat your roasted body.
GOS has a Wishing Tree area for requests and Leefish might also be a place to ask for help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:52 AM Last edited by iCad : 5th Mar 2015 at 9:16 AM.
Yeah, a better place to have posted this would have been in one of the Create forums...but I get that this place can be a little intimidating at first, hard to figure out what to put where. It's not so much so when you've been here forever, like some us. Sometimes us old-timers forget that, I think.

Me, I haven't the first clue how to do what you want because BodyShop stuff totally isn't my thing. But if you want to learn to do it yourself, a good place to start would be to look through the archive of tutorials on this site. You can find them here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...S:Sims_2_Create But like @Amura said, modding isn't an easy thing. There ARE (relatively) easy things to do, but most modding takes a bit of effort. Or a lot of effort. Hell, I just wrote up an idiot-level tutorial for how to make want-fulfilling paintings like I uploaded yesterday, and the damn thing's 15 word processor pages long. Without pictures. So, yeah. Not a simple thing at all. And there might actually be things you need to learn BEFORE you can get to the thing you actually want to do. The knowledge of this kind of stuff is cumulative, basically building on itself, and you can't jump in right in the middle without sitting there going "Huh?"

So, have a look through those tutorials. Work through the basic ones, go from there. IF you want to DIY, that is. If you'd rather request it...Yeah, MTS isn't a too-friendly place for that, but Jo above me gave you some good suggestions for that.

ETA @ Jo: HAH! At MATY, if they roast you before they eat you, you've lucked out.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:10 PM
MATY is totally not the place to ask for information about Sims 2 modding anyway. There's nobody there who's the slightest bit interested. The only slightest bit of use for MATY is archived mods, many of which have been superseded by later work anyway, and archived information, much of which has also been superseded. The only people who will answer a Sims 2 question there are psychopaths looking for a bug to torture.

However! I would recommend going to Garden of Shadows for learning to do replacements in body shop, because 1)there are many people who are actively working on projects of that sort there and 2)people are happy to hold your hand and give you useful advice. Go here and read for a while:
http://digitalperversion.net/garden....php?board=34.0

Tha's tthe "Tree of Knowledge," which is to say the section where there are tutorials as wel;l as ongoing conversations about doing the things you want to do. Which don't seem all that difficult or achane, in the scheme of things. Quite a lot of people at GOS have made face template replacements. As for the other thing ytou want to do, there may be an easier way to do it, and most likely someone there will have done it.

HOWEVER again, having said that, I am also going to tell you to take the time to learn the posting rules there and follow them. It will make a tremendous difference in what kind of reception you get.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:55 AM
I haven't been PM people that don't take requests. But the cold hard truth is that all the people I've PM have either not answered in over a month, as of now, or they replied saying that unfortunately they didn't have the skills to make the mods I wanted. I didn't PM the same person more than once.

I posted here in case someone might see this, whether or not they are willing to take on requests. Just because someone hasn't explicitly volunteered to take on requests, doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be willing to help, should they stumble across this post.

Thanks for pointing out those pages that hold information and / or creations that could be of some use to me, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to follow through.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:58 AM
Except it's against site rules. Your kind of lucky the mods are not that vigilant on the Sims 2 boards any longer or this would have been shut down over night.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:24 AM
Thread closed.

MTS has no requests. If you want the mods you will have to learn to create them if you can't find anyone at other sites to create it for you.
Locked thread