Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 7:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations
Glitch in relation to bars
Hello,

I am new to sims 3. I have installed Generations, World Adventures, and Late Night. I also have the Hidden Springs world installed. I discovered custom content not too long ago on The Sims 3 Journal, and decided to download a few of the sims from that blog. I got 3 sims and everything was working just fine, but after I downloaded a 4th sim, I began to notice some issues. Whenever my sims were out at bars or lounges, they’re always unable to interact with any bars, and have gotten stuck overnight because they were unable to use the elevator to leave.

For example, when I tell a sim to order food or a drink, they stand around and think about it and when they get to the bar, the bartender either walks away, stands there and does nothing, or my sim will magically appear behind the bar and the bartender appears elsewhere, my sim appears to the side of the bar, and I've even had a sim appear outside of the building! My sims all get frustrated because they're hungry or want a drink and cannot get anything from the bar. Also, on the way home, after finally getting out of a lounge, where the elevator refused to work; my sim’s fiancé confronted her and accused her of cheating, which is impossible because she did not interact with anyone at the lounge, so I’m guessing that was another glitch.

I have hired a bartender for a party at my sims’ house and the same thing happens; my sim appears next to the bar and the bartender is transported elsewhere in the house. My sims are able to make their own drinks at the bar I’ve bought for the house, but that's the only way they can have drinks.

I have tried deleting this fourth sim by deleting her files from my game, and I have also tried deleting her from the game bin, but afterwards I read on a blog that doing that only deletes the sim’s body and could cause my game to crash because of the loose ends or files floating around...I’m not too sure.

Anyway, my sims were still connected to this 4th sim even though she was no longer physically there. Therefore I found a way to bring her back, hoping to prevent any crashes. Deleting her files from my game has only deleted the CC that she originally came with. Unfortunately this has not helped my issues at all. I feel as if I’m stuck with this sim and the issues she brought with her.

I tried moving the game save file to my desktop and replacing it from a backup I have saved on an external hard drive, but the same thing happens, even though I deleted cache files and thumbnails etc.

Nothing I do seems to be working. Is there anything else that I should try doing? I apologize for the very long post.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 6:34 PM
Hi

I have the exact same problem, when I was on a date (well in fact it was my son, but that doesn't matter.) He wasn't able to order a drink as well. He and the bartender just re-spawned somewhere else around the bar.

I updated yesterday, maybe it has something to do with that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 11:06 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

Try ALL the steps in the guide above to resolve the issue or rule out Custom Content as the cause.