Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 9:04 PM
Changing Wants Aspiration Points Values
So lately I have been a little more than obsessed with TS2 and also with getting my new neighborhood off the ground and that includes getting everyone paired off and getting the generations growing. All of this has led me to the same conclusion - getting engaged and marriage. My problem with it is that in many ways getting engaged/married just don't seem to have the punch that they should. Let me explain.

For most Sims falling in love and getting engaged and married is a rare occurrence, meaning that if all goes well it will only happen during a Sims lifetime. My problem is that the aspiration points associated with it are pretty lame. I think engagement is 5,000 points or something and marriage is like 8,000. On the flip side though a popularity Sim can get a way higher point value for having X number of best friends all at once. Yes, that is harder to achieve but it is also something that only happens once in a lifetime. While I'll work out the details for myself I just don't really know how to change it (or if its possible) in SimPE.

I found the values in wants.package in the base game and I copied the package and changed the values but the game didn't register the changes. I understand that I might have to edit the latest EP wants.package to get the change to happen (if I am in fact in the right area.) So far I have edited MGS wants.package values I wanted but the values don't change in the game. Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you.