Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 2:28 AM
Default Moving Houses in a lot
I have spent a lot of time building a house but the lot size was too large to start and the house is in the wrong place so i need to either shrink the lot or move the house to the other side, is the only option to rebuild the entire thing further over?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 3:34 AM
Your best option is still to plan before build probably with some grid papers.

Play the furniture and objects to see the grid sizes they occupy.
Say, bathtub seems only to need 2 grids, but indeed it takes a third grid right hand side grid of the tap facing the tub body for sims entry.

List out the object type's space specifications.
Draw your house plans.
Then, start to build them.

But, you can make an in-game draught/draft by just making walls and floors without decorations and landscape crafting, then place into the objects you want. Should you need testing, run a dummy family on it and probably delete this draught.
After all the preparations, start a new lot to build according to the floorplan you drew.

If you feel lost in the space, you may think about the shape and the size of the final house compared to the lot in the first place before building. Do the outline first.
If you tend to build a small room and then an another small room, then you need be capable of either remembering or drawing down the final shape and size of the house in the lot. Or, simply do some creative shapes and unsuspected change in the building style.

It's somehow really a plasticbox game... It's about knowing what piece is occupying how much space and then use something that may match to fill the space.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 11:21 PM
there is a lotexpander that lets you shrink it.

I will do requests. in fact, I would like them. I'm bored! Note to self:mention I have no idea how to mesh.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 3:44 AM
ADestroy88,

the shrinking code is NOT ready, complete, and safe, and it can cause potential lot CORRUPTION that in turns causes neighbourhood CORRUPTION.

It's presently advised to use that ONLY for EXPERIMENTAL settings but NOT general game play.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 4:32 AM
A simple way to start out is figure out where you want your front door in relation to the mailbox/trashcan. Those two are always in the center, so chances are (unless you are doing something weird) you will want your front door roughly in that area, usually between 5-15 squares from the sidewalk. As you get better at picturing things in your head before you build, you can branch out and do different things. Good luck!
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies