Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM
Default Creating a new custom neighborhood
Hello everyone!

So I've been wanting to try something new in my Sims 2 game lately and I had an idea to make a custom neighborhood - not the terrain, but the houses, families, etc. I'm in no hurry, since I would be doing it while playing my Megahood in rotation, but I figured, if I do something like that, I might as well share it Now, my question is: how?

I would like to know from any experienced neighborhood makers, what steps do I need to take before, during and after making the hood for it to work properly when shared? Specifically, I have these questions:
  • Do I have to remove mods from my game before starting the neighborhood?
  • Do I have to take any other extra preparation before I get into the building/making families?
  • Any special do's and don'ts regarding the creation of the neighborhood?
  • Once I finish, how do I prepare it for uploading?

Any other info, tips and tricks are greatly appreciated. I'm totally new to this, but I figured, if I already put a lot of effort in making the neighborhood, and if it turns out well, then I'm willing to go the extra mile to make it available for others as well (and hopefully the sharing itself will not be more complicated then making the hood in the first place ).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:09 PM
Mootilda created this tutorial. Not sure if this will help you.

http://modthesims.info/t/455403