Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 2:47 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Sep 2015 at 3:01 AM.
Default Fargin' Coaches....
I frickin' despise the coaches. TS2: University gave us a lot of nice things, but the coaches weren't one of them.

Their entire purpose in life is to march into your dorm, your Greek house or your privately rented house at random times like they own the place, yell furiously at you and make you work out. And even if you comply, they might shut up and start smiling and nodding...or they might just keep griping at you. Saints forbid that they should catch you in the middle of a term paper; they'll stack two or three "Work Out" actions on you by the time they give up on you and leave. And they'll hit every stinkin' playable Sim who's less than perfectly Fit on that lot, too.

The Llama Mascot has more charm than the Coach does. The dinner-stealing cafeteria cooks have more charm than the Coach does. So does that one annoying Art Professor who rings your doorbell once or twice every day, even though you don't have a single Art student in that dorm. Even the Cow Mascots aren't without their endearing moments.

The Coaches, however, have none. Not one of my Sims has ever befriended a Coach, dated a Coach, fell in love with a Coach or married a Coach. I've done all that with the Professors, the Cheerleaders, the cafeteria cooks, the Streakers (one of whom I befriended by turning the tables and streaking on her instead), the Llama Mascots and/or the Cow Mascots. But never a Coach. I can't even make an enemy out of a Coach! At least I can do that with the Cow Mascots if they stray too far south of "tolerable".

So every time I see a Coach show up on the lot, I start groaning with exasperation, because I'm about to have to cancel a lot of forced, unwanted actions for almost every one of my Sims. I'm like, "Look, Coach. There are three dance bars and two treadmills upstairs. There's a Campus Gym that my Sims can walk to at any hour of any day. And there's a TV right in front of me; it makes work-outs healthful and fun. I don't need to do your stinking push-ups and lateral stretches. Now get out of our dorm and go be 'useful' somewhere else so I can finish this assignment and get back to watching the Yummy Channel, you autocratic archaeojock...."

So yeah, I frickin' loathe the Coaches. How do the rest of you University players cope with their visits?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 3:08 AM
I use this mod, where you can ban them and a bunch of other annoying people: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

I was done with them at the time my couple was doing ''it'' in a special sex shower from the sister site SexySims. That you storm in is one thing, interrupting private time of economics and political students (very needy to be fit!), is yet a bridge too far. And I'm not talking about the one in Arnhem (or Deventer for the movie).

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 3:23 AM
Sounds like your coaches are really professional people whose work you simply do not appreciate. They do their job, try to get your sims fit and healthy and they don't engage in inappropriate relationships with the students, not to mention that they provide their services for free! Why so much hate for such an under-appreciated class? Poor coaches.
Theorist
#4 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 3:46 AM
Coaches will also harass sims that are 100% fit. Use visitor controller to block them. Locking the door won't help as they barge right through it. This is another example of EA/Maxis crude humor.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 4:53 AM
Only one time I was glad to see the coach, when I was thinking how to get this one athletic point for first year for my lazy sims who totally refused do any action giving athletic.
And they had no money to buy bowling.
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 5:19 AM
I have a sort of rule regarding coaches. If one of my sims is caught out by a coach and has no pressing matters, they must exercise until they gain a body point Pressing matters would be something like a motive falling too low (except hygiene, stinkiness isn't dangerous and therefore doesn't count), doing a term paper, being in the final five hours for finals, or a class starting. Like Annaminna, this helps for those lazy sims who wouldn't otherwise get needed points. Personally, I'd rather deal with the coach than the stupid cow mascot. They get subjected to the powers of the almighty Cow Head Trophy.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 6:26 AM
Never had a coach show up.. I kinda want to see them now but I just hate UNI.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 6:27 AM
I can't quite relate to the hate towards the uni npcs. I either find them amusing, or don't notice them. If they happen to come at some time when I don't want them there, I'd just pick them up and delete them with moveobjects.

If I had to pick one to find annoying, it'd be the cow maskots and the pranks that make puddles all over the cafeteria. I have a rule about not making Sims clean unless they are over 5 in cleaning or fortune Sims, and since dorms aren't cleaned by anyone else, that means I have to look at the puddles for the rest of their time in that dorm.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
If I had to pick one to find annoying, it'd be the cow maskots and the pranks that make puddles all over the cafeteria. I have a rule about not making Sims clean unless they are over 5 in cleaning or fortune Sims, and since dorms aren't cleaned by anyone else, that means I have to look at the puddles for the rest of their time in that dorm.

I would make the cow selectable and punish them by making them clean up their own mess.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 8:24 AM
All my students live in houses, no dorms at all. That way I can lock my door and keep all the coaches, cheerleaders, llamas, cows, whathaveyou, out. So the only time I had a coach run up and yell at one of my sims was, ironically, while they were training.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 9:15 AM
Ah, well, One of my Sims married the coach, who turned out to be a social sim who wanted to become a rock star. So he did.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Sep 2015 at 9:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
I use this mod, where you can ban them and a bunch of other annoying people: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

Hmm. It has potential, but can it be set to block certain NPCs, or can it only block all NPCs? I rather enjoy watching the cheerleaders come running around all cute and colorful. "Bada boom de boor! Bada boom de bah! Bada beddy oga bobby gum go gah! Gerbitz, gerbitz, gooooo gerbitz!"

The streakers would be equally amusing too, if only they did the same stuff that your own Sims do when they're streaking. NPC streakers just run around like naked mutes, or maybe do a little dance here and there. But your own Sims can target specific other Sims for their unabashed performances, and they start singing and doing all kinds of nudity-induced dances. "Picky pocky picky poo! Shamookie! Shabookie!" It's hilariously adorable. Maybe there's a mod out there that makes nonplayable streakers behave like playable streakers.

Quote: Originally posted by viluxa
Sounds like your coaches are really professional people whose work you simply do not appreciate. They do their job, try to get your sims fit and healthy and they don't engage in inappropriate relationships with the students, not to mention that they provide their services for free! Why so much hate for such an under-appreciated class? Poor coaches.

Yeah, yeah. And they probably feed orphans and hug puppies and kittens whenever they're not barking at my students. I still hate 'em.

Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Coaches will also harass sims that are 100% fit. Use visitor controller to block them. Locking the door won't help as they barge right through it. This is another example of EA/Maxis crude humor.

Yeah, I've tried locking the dormitory doors too. It's like barricading that house against the zombies in the climax of Night of the Living Dead; they barge in anyway. And they're just as carnivorous.

Hmm...zombie college students. Now there's an idea I haven't tried yet....

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Only one time I was glad to see the coach, when I was thinking how to get this one athletic point for first year for my lazy sims who totally refused do any action giving athletic.
And they had no money to buy bowling.

No kidding? Your students wouldn't even use the TV? Even my laziest Sims will work out to the TV! Your students' laziness scores must be perfect zeroes all around (not to mention being the stuff of legends).

Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I have a sort of rule regarding coaches. If one of my sims is caught out by a coach and has no pressing matters, they must exercise until they gain a body point Pressing matters would be something like a motive falling too low (except hygiene, stinkiness isn't dangerous and therefore doesn't count), doing a term paper, being in the final five hours for finals, or a class starting. Like Annaminna, this helps for those lazy sims who wouldn't otherwise get needed points. Personally, I'd rather deal with the coach than the stupid cow mascot. They get subjected to the powers of the almighty Cow Head Trophy.

Aww, Cow Mascots aren't so bad. Well, okay, they are pretty bad, especially if you forget to put the sprinklers directly over other objects so the Cow Mascots can't get to them. But they're perfect targets for any aggression from your Grouchy Sims. >:]

(...well, maybe. My recent Sports-loving college cheerleader Mindy, with a perfect zero in Grouchy/Nice, went out of her way to cross paths with the Cow Mascots, just in hopes that they'd hit her with a water balloon and tick her off. Instead, she ended up befriending one of them! Jerks love jerks, I guess.)

Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Never had a coach show up.. I kinda want to see them now but I just hate UNI.

Aw, what's wrong with University? You can't become an awesome Cult Leader without University. Paranormal Career Track FTW!

Plus, you can join a Level 6 Greek House, move in and start getting free tables and video game consoles and such. One of my former sorority girls (the Popularity werewolf with about thirty Best Friends, including about two-dozen Besties and BFFs from her childhood and teen years) instantly and singlehandedly pumped Tri-Fruhm all the way up to Level 6 just by joining them, and she kept bringing home so many free video game consoles that she started giving them out as gifts. Plus, toga parties. Who doesn't like toga parties?

I can't quite relate to the hate towards the uni npcs. I either find them amusing, or don't notice them. If they happen to come at some time when I don't want them there, I'd just pick them up and delete them with moveobjects.

Aw, deleting people' isn't very nice. And I don't hate all of the Uni NPCs, mind you...just the coaches, with some measure of annoyance for the Cow Mascots and the lonely, doorbell-ringing Art Professors. The Llama Mascots are ugly (and, unlike the Cow Mascots, they forget to wear something over their hands), but I have no problem with them aside from that. And the cheerleaders are great!

I think I'd make an exception to my own rule, in that case.

I've also built quite a few of my own dorms, and every one of them has the sprinklers placed directly over the stoves and the fireplaces, where they can still serve their intended purpose yet the Cow Mascots can't get to them. Unfortunately, I also use some of the stock dorms, and I keep forgetting to move the sprinklers in those dorms, so...BLOOSH.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I would make the cow selectable and punish them by making them clean up their own mess.

I just use Influence to do that, especially if the Cow Mascot got to one of those accessible sprinklers. "Okay, cow. You made the mess, you mop it up." Making the Cow Mascot clean the entire dorm also ties him up and keeps him out of mischief for a while, up until I ask him to leave. Bonus.

Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
All my students live in houses, no dorms at all. That way I can lock my door and keep all the coaches, cheerleaders, llamas, cows, whathaveyou, out. So the only time I had a coach run up and yell at one of my sims was, ironically, while they were training.

I usually can't get my Sims into a proper house until they're three or four semesters in, because I refuse to use money cheats. Besides, the dorms are great places to live if you're looking to join the local Secret Society; if your dorm has eight rooms or more, the chances are pretty good that at least three of the residents are Society members. Look around, find them, schmooze up to them, walk into their rooms just to give them whatever rocks and bones you dig up while treasure-hunting, help them with their assignments (if they'll let you), befriend all three of them and then, just wait to be kidnapped next midnight. If you have a high Logic skill, you'll never feel the need to go to class ever again; just stay at home (or go to the Society house) and hack your own grades. Just remember to take a break now and then so the police don't track you down (and so they can't put as much of a dent in your grade if they do catch you).

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Ah, well, One of my Sims married the coach, who turned out to be a social sim who wanted to become a rock star. So he did.

What? You can marry the Coach? HERESY!!!

...okay, seriously. How did you do it? Were there any cheats involved, or do your Sims just have some insane social skills?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 12:05 PM
The coach was a social Sim, as I said - my one student started talking to him while he was trying to torture the others. She liked him, and since he was kind of cute (imo), she asked him on a date No cheats involved. He said yes. Dream date too
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
And I don't hate all of the Uni NPCs, mind you

I'm sure I was referring to the general opinion in the Sims community, where it's common to hate one or more of the Uni NPCs. Kind of like how lots of people hate hobby leaders, or the nanny.

And yes, I could make an exception, or make the Cow Maskot clean the puddles, but what's the fun in that? If a Sim is sloppy, they get to live in a sloppy environment. Going to university means there will be people like the Cow Maskot that you won't get along with, or like what they do. That's life, and just because I get bored of watching puddles doesn't mean my Sims get a free-pass Maybe if they are lucky a friend of theirs convince them it's worth cleaning the dorm, even if they don't care, so they get a discount on their tuition as pay for their work. They could also influence a dormie, if they roll a want, but few Sims do.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 1:44 PM
Some of my students seems to like the cow - she is a quite pretty black-haired female called Lisa in my game, and often takes a bath in my student's dorm - but she always makes them angry at her again. She seems to conduct pillow fights with stones in the pillows - she hurts my Sims. Apparently her breath is disgusting - but some of the slobs don't seem to mind that. The very neat one, on the other hand, positively loves cleaning anything, so he does not mind cleaning up after her - but she is limited, I took the sprinklers out.
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 2:49 PM
I used to play Uni all the time when I fist got Sims 2. That was all I did and I was obsessed with it. Through the years each expansion I got became my new obsession. Now that I have the full set...

I hardly do anything but live my Sims lives

College I cheat and barely play it.

HOWEVER I am thinking of trying the rotation thing. Never done it before. Can't tell ya how many times I've had a kid age out their parent! Then I have to go and force the age up on the parent or kill them of old age

I would like to play Uni again. It is pretty fun. My Romance Sims get a lot out of it...especially the Professors and the...tutoring help you get from them

Oh and the music rocks! I love the College Rock station!

@Pizzatron-9000 Is Sims 2 your favorite? Your profile says that's all you own. If so WHOOHOO! 2 club forevazzzzzz!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 3:55 PM
Aw, what's wrong with University? You can't become an awesome Cult Leader without University. Paranormal Career Track FTW!

Actually, you can I mean, okay, you still need the EP, but you don't need University. Since the careers they added made no sense. They should have added Architect, Education and Law and maybe Oceanography to the Uni one and put the Uni careers (minus natural science) in the later packs.

I quite like the uni NPCs. I don't find that the coach comes over too often for my liking.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 4:04 PM
Not that I play Uni hoods much now, but I did back before I started doing storytelling, and back then I sent nearly all my sims to uni. I can't remember having seen the coaches much. The mascots would come by regularly, and occasionally the professors, but coaches - not so much. I find the mascots more annoying.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 4:47 PM
That reminds me, isn't it the Drama professors that come around harassing your Sims? I've never heard of Art-professors doing so before.

Theorist
#20 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 4:51 PM
Hmm. It has potential, but can it be set to block certain NPCs, or can it only block all NPCs? I rather enjoy watching the cheerleaders come running around all cute and colorful. "Bada boom de boor! Bada boom de bah! Bada beddy oga bobby gum go gah! Gerbitz, gerbitz, gooooo gerbitz!"

You can decide all or specific groups (f.e. coaches, professors, cheerleaders, cows, llama's), the options are very broad. Even banning individual Sims are an option So, you can block coaches, but cheerleaders can still walk by. I only block coaches (annoying), the teachers (annoying) and the cows (only fighting), but cheerleaders and the llama's still can visit my houses. And they do on regular basis.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Sep 2015 at 7:51 PM.
The coach was a social Sim, as I said - my one student started talking to him while he was trying to torture the others. She liked him, and since he was kind of cute (imo), she asked him on a date No cheats involved. He said yes. Dream date too

Huh. My coaches usually just wander in, yell at a bunch of Sims in a futile bid to make them exercise, then wander right back off the lot. Maybe if I can delay a coach and chat 'em up....

I might try again with one of my Popularity or Romance Sims. Hey, if I can get a Cow Mascot to marry one of my college Sims, maybe I can put in enough effort to get cozy with one of the coaches. The Cow Mascot stopped being a huge goofball after I got her hitched; maybe I can cure a Coach that way too.

I'm sure I was referring to the general opinion in the Sims community, where it's common to hate one or more of the Uni NPCs. Kind of like how lots of people hate hobby leaders, or the nanny.

Well, I can understand the Nanny hate; she's incompetent to the core, so hiring her to mind one's children is a bit of a rip-off.

I don't understand why anyone would despise the Hobby Instructors, though; I find that they're very easy to befriend, and visiting the Hobby Lots always makes for a good time, so you might as well chat it up with the Hobby Instructor while you're there. "Hi, Demi Louie! Let's talk about random stuff...I mean, let me repeatedly redirect the topic to Culture, which we both love. Now let's talk about Arts & Crafts! Now let's talk about my last vacation. Now let's talk about Arts & Crafts again. Want a backrub? Okay, have a backrub. Now let's talk about Arts & Crafts one more time. Hey, could you instruct me in Arts & Crafts? Thanks."

Plus, they help you out a little with certain careers. We remember how I threw out a bunch of screenshots of my artist vampire hanging out with Demi Louie at My Muse II, right?

They're still good friends. Viviana can drop by My Muse II any time of the night and Demi will be there; she can also call Demi on the phone, but it can only be between 7:00 PM (when Viviana rises from her coffin) and midnight (when Demi's sleeping). The townies and other NPCs used to stay up as late as 2:00 AM, but now it's midnight. I'm still trying to figure that out; maybe it has something to do with one of those Pescado mods I downloaded.

Anyway, Viviana was an Art student, and the Artist career track is another career track that you can only access by graduating from college. So Viviana did. It's said that befriending a Hobby Instructor reduces the number of friends that you need in order to get promoted up through certain relevant careers. So Viviana befriended Demi Louie during her college years, then she reached Visionary (the top of the Artist career track) before too long, and she racked up enough money from that career to open her own private business -- an art gallery, of course -- soon after that, to occupy her time and pick up some extra money during her days off. I like to think that Demi Louie had a part in that success.

Viviana's still painting, too.

And yes, I could make an exception, or make the Cow Maskot clean the puddles, but what's the fun in that? If a Sim is sloppy, they get to live in a sloppy environment. Going to university means there will be people like the Cow Maskot that you won't get along with, or like what they do. That's life, and just because I get bored of watching puddles doesn't mean my Sims get a free-pass Maybe if they are lucky a friend of theirs convince them it's worth cleaning the dorm, even if they don't care, so they get a discount on their tuition as pay for their work. They could also influence a dormie, if they roll a want, but few Sims do.

Well, as a side benefit to cleaning up after the Cows, remember that mopping up puddles also raises the Cleaning skill. Neat Sims get a kick out of cleaning stuff, so sometimes I have a Neat Sim staying in a stock dorm (with its fire sprinklers right out in the open, awaiting a Cow Mascot's tender ministrations), the Cow Mascot wanders in and does what Cow Mascots do, and my Neat Sim gets another point of Cleaning without having to read a single book. If the Neat Sim also happens to be Grouchy, he or she can also get a few jollies out of bickering with the Cow Mascot. Bonus.

Some of my students seems to like the cow - she is a quite pretty black-haired female called Lisa in my game, and often takes a bath in my student's dorm - but she always makes them angry at her again. She seems to conduct pillow fights with stones in the pillows - she hurts my Sims. Apparently her breath is disgusting - but some of the slobs don't seem to mind that. The very neat one, on the other hand, positively loves cleaning anything, so he does not mind cleaning up after her - but she is limited, I took the sprinklers out.

It does seem like Sloppy Sims accept the Cow Mascot's ventrilo-farts and gross-outs more often, just like how Nice Sims are more likely to put up with anything that the Cow does (except for shoving, which is just plain hostile). My ex-Cow's a pretty blonde named Emma Kimbrel; she's the one who ended up marrying Casey Gearsmith (my auto mechanic and Tinkering hobbyist) after he graduated; he's Shy and Nice, as Tinkering hobbyists tend to be, so he accepted most of Emma's Cow-Mascotisms with good grace, and they ended up hitting it off. Now Emma's helping Casey run his own used car dealership, and she's pregnant with their first child; I should probably get back to playing them, just so I can see what the baby turns out to be.

Too bad the Coaches are universally elderly. But hey, adults can still marry elders, right? Just ask the Caliente sisters and Mortimer Goth.

(Note to self: Have Mindy Pugiless Crank Call Mortimer Goth right before her graduation party. Have her beat him up one last time at the graduation party. See if the party tanks or becomes a Roof Raiser.)

Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
I would like to play Uni again. It is pretty fun. My Romance Sims get a lot out of it...especially the Professors and the...tutoring help you get from them

I just had another Romance Sim graduate with a 4.0 grade average. No small part of that GPA was from her dating (and kissing, and WooHooing) one of her professors. She still invites him over now and then.

I always make sure to stick my Romance Sims in a dorm with double beds, of course.

College Rock is good, but I'm more a fan of Metal and Techno myself. The World station is hit-and-miss; I adore the Simlish version of Gaelic Storm's "Scallywag", but "Funky Nawari" (that clangy Indian-sounding tune) grates on my ears. Here, have a listen.

@Pizzatron-9000 Is Sims 2 your favorite? Your profile says that's all you own. If so WHOOHOO! 2 club forevazzzzzz!

What I've seen of The SIms 3 playthroughs didn't quite light my fire. The Sims 4 has potential, but I've already bought everything to The Sims 2 and I'd hate to spend all that money all over again, so maybe I'll start picking up TS4 episodes once they start hitting the bargain bin in five or ten years. And even though I have every part of The Sims 1, it feels like I'm playing with Legos now that I've experienced TS2. The Makin' Magic expansion for TS1 was fun, though.

So yes.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Actually, you can I mean, okay, you still need the EP, but you don't need University. Since the careers they added made no sense. They should have added Architect, Education and Law and maybe Oceanography to the Uni one and put the Uni careers (minus natural science) in the later packs.

Well, I agree that Natural Science should have the college requisite, and I could see Artist being college requisite simply because I took some Figure Drawing and Art History courses back in college; schools of higher education serve as reservoirs of education and experience, and seeing the accomplishments and techniques of other artists before you has a way of helping you refine your own techniques. Plus, nude art models. Where else are you going to find so many people who are willing to get naked and let you paint or sketch pictures of them, right?

I'm on the fence about Paranormal, though. Back when I was going through college, I never saw any available courses for fortune telling, sasquatch tracking, ley line locating, phantasmal exorcism or demonic exorcism. However, there are the World History and World Religion courses, which detail the exploits of Sun Myung Moon, Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite and other cult leaders (including a certain deceased lousy science fiction author who became the founder of a certain well-known, lawsuit-happy, worldwide cult with plenty of movie stars in its current "parish"), so any aspiring cult leader could get a few ideas from reading about those guys. Plus, Government spook-finders in fiction and otherwise: The Men in Black, Bureau 13, Fox Mulder and Dana Sculley...they had to start their careers in some university or other, right? So I'm undecided on Paranormal and which EP it belongs in. Every EP for TS2 has introduced at least one new type of paranormal creature, right?

That reminds me, isn't it the Drama professors that come around harassing your Sims? I've never heard of Art-professors doing so before.

It might change depending on installation. But for me, it has always been Art Professors. Up until recently, it was always an Art Professor named Prof. Laci Pedersen; she was another figure who helped Viviana get started on her Artist career, just by randomly coming over, getting invited in and getting asked for tutoring. Viviana also had Prof. Pedersen as one of her regular class instructors, so that helped; sometimes Viviana would invite Laci over, other times she would just call her on the phone and talk. I think it was around Viviana's second Sophomore semester that she romanced a Grand Vampire and became a vampire herself (which is why one of the dorms that I've built is a Gothic-looking castle with plenty of coffins), so that put a damper on the Viviana-and-Professor-Laci relationship because Viviana couldn't answer the door when Laci dropped by during the daytime, yet calling Laci at night resulted in an angry earful. And it sucks that the Simmy universities don't offer night courses, because Viviana's gains from going to class seemed to be less after her "change," because was always in a bad mood, because she always had to go running through sunlight just to get to class. I wised up in time for her Senior year and just had her stay in her coffin all day, then just do a ton of research and complete assignments and term papers all night. Her graduation party was okay, even though she had to kick it off right at 10:00 PM.

Now, the professor visiting the dorms is Prof. Jace Gerghis, another Art Professor. Maybe Professor Laci's feet finally got tired from all that walking.

I should turn the Coaches into vampires. I wonder if they'd still come onto the lot during the day, then immediately run off in a trail of smoke. >:]

Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
You can decide all or specific groups (f.e. coaches, professors, cheerleaders, cows, llama's), the options are very broad. Even banning individual Sims are an option So, you can block coaches, but cheerleaders can still walk by. I only block coaches (annoying), the teachers (annoying) and the cows (only fighting), but cheerleaders and the llama's still can visit my houses. And they do on regular basis.

I see. That does sound pretty useful. Let me try Justpetro's idea of befriending those push-up-inducing, dictatorial whistle-blowers one last time; if that doesn't pan out, it's time for me to try a new mod. Danke.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 7:14 PM

Now that's an idea I WOULD like. Marry the fool and make them miserable; have their girlfriend have quads and leave with the fridge.
Actually, I dislike so much about uni that when I reinstalled, I DIDN'T install uni (even though previously I had faster semesters, and a mod so ANY one could get those careers, and no one got upset if they didn't go to collets. But now I'm rethinking it, just because some of the content (& some CC I like) require Uni.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 7:17 PM

Romance sims...yea. I used to set teens to Romance if they were going to college (and most of them did), that way they could have FUN as they (or ME) were deciding who should pair up. Then of course they get to reset their aspirations..
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Sep 2015 at 8:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Now that's an idea I WOULD like. Marry the fool and make them miserable; have their girlfriend have quads and leave with the fridge.
Actually, I dislike so much about uni that when I reinstalled, I DIDN'T install uni (even though previously I had faster semesters, and a mod so ANY one could get those careers, and no one got upset if they didn't go to collets. But now I'm rethinking it, just because some of the content (& some CC I like) require Uni.

Well, also bear in mind that, if you play any teenager Sims, they sometimes roll up that "Go to College" Want, and it's a 10,000-point Want. 10,000 points will buy a lot of money trees (or at least three).

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Romance sims...yea. I used to set teens to Romance if they were going to college (and most of them did), that way they could have FUN as they (or ME) were deciding who should pair up. Then of course they get to reset their aspirations..

I've done the same thing -- taking foreplanned advantage of the Junior Year graduation perk --except with Knowledge instead of Romance. "Okay, I'm a new Knowledge Sim in college! Let's get to studying! Eureka! Extra skill point. Eureka! Extra skill point. Eureka a bunch more times! Okay, now I can pretty much coast my way through the rest of my time in college; as long as I make it to every class, I can spend the rest of my time schmoozing and partying and still graduate with a 4.0. Okay, here's the end of my Junior year. Now it's time to select my real Aspiration...."

Now that I think about it, I've never chosen Grilled Cheese as the primary Aspiration for any Cuisine hobbyist. I wonder how well that would work out.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 8:07 PM
I actually like the coaches because they make my lazy Sims work out! Unless a Sim is on the verge of flunking out of school, I let the coach make them work out till they drop. I'm just glad not to encounter one of these coaches in real life, since I'm lazier than any Sim.
Page 1 of 3