3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4901 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Servo means service station... I thought NZ would be the same as us!

Nope. I asked my parents too and got one 'no idea' and one 'oh I think it's a fluid mechanism that assists you with your brakes'. XD
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4902 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 4:20 AM
Lol

...plus extra text

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4903 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 4:37 AM
Yeah, funny the differences between NZ and Aus (having grown up in NZ and now living in Aus). I have to remember to change my lingo. Called thongs, or is it flipflops, jandals the other day and got a strange look.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4904 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 4:47 AM
Here is Oz we call them thongs, but I have heard of jandals, but only on the internet.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4905 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:13 AM
We call them jandals here. Thongs are the things that ride up your bum. XD
Mad Poster
#4906 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:18 AM
Aren't thongs skinny underwear?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4907 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:34 AM
In the US that is what thongs are, but here they are both flip flops for the feet and skinny underwear. But when people says 'thongs' plural it tends to mean footwear.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4908 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:38 AM
Ok, here's a simple mod that why EA didn't make it so .. and that is the ability to pick up more than 1 book at a time. When you tell someone to put all the books away and there are half dozen scattered all over it sometimes makes you want to scream at them as they plod back and forth one book at a time to the the bookcase.
Mad Poster
#4909 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In the US that is what thongs are, but here they are both flip flops for the feet and skinny underwear. But when people says 'thongs' plural it tends to mean footwear.

Just don't get them confused. :P
Forum Resident
#4910 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:32 PM
I think I'd heard about a mod where taxis cost money, but I hadn't seen whether it was working or not. If it doesn't exist, I'd love to have something like that. I get so tired of my too-posh-to-walk sims taking taxis everywhere for free!

Additionally, if it was possible to make it charge you more depending on how many sims are going (or maybe where you're going based on the value of the lot you're going to?) that would be awesome.
Mad Poster
#4911 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I think I'd heard about a mod where taxis cost money, but I hadn't seen whether it was working or not. If it doesn't exist, I'd love to have something like that. I get so tired of my too-posh-to-walk sims taking taxis everywhere for free!

Additionally, if it was possible to make it charge you more depending on how many sims are going (or maybe where you're going based on the value of the lot you're going to?) that would be awesome.

There is one on here, a mod. if you search in sims 2 game mods and type taxi, it is the only result. though I read all comments and I am not sure I would use it. But if anyone else here can confirm it does work well, then why not.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4912 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It isn't washing cars is it? Because I was looking into that, but I won't bother if someone else is doing it.

Nope, nothing to do with car washing or anything else mentioned here, only related in the sense that the coding I'm doing can be re-purposed for parts of a car breakdown scenario Would most likely conflict with yours for other reasons, but easy to fix type of conflict

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4913 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8

Dickhurt's "Taxi Charges Money" comes in two versions. You can choose either to be charged a flat rate or to be charged by distance to the destination. Be sure to get the two addon mods linked at the bottom of the page or it won't work right (game edition addon which works like Cyjon's SmarterEPcheck and budgettransaction addon which allows the game to charge money for several of dickhurt's mods). Be aware also that the game will now also charge money for the Secret Society limo if you have University and don't have the abductions modded out.

I've been using this and several of his other mods for a few years now and I really like them. I've heard some people have problems with them though, so try them out in a test neighborhood first to make sure they work in your game.

If you like the game charging your sims money for things, you might also like these other mods by dickhurt. Both require the same two addons as above (game edition and budget transaction).

Vehicles cost money (driving the family car costs money. Two versions to choose from: either cost increases as vehicle gets older or cost decreases as vehicle gets older) - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288762

Cell phones cost money - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=330008
Mad Poster
#4914 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 5:13 PM
Looking for a hack that makes a fast-food ish restaurant, i.e. without waiter(-ress) doing the work; sims picking the food themselves and eating it there.

And no, I don't want a hack that spawns in food without being made/cook by a sim.
Mad Poster
#4915 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Looking for a hack that makes a fast-food ish restaurant, i.e. without waiter(-ress) doing the work; sims picking the food themselves and eating it there.

And no, I don't want a hack that spawns in food without being made/cook by a sim.

Haven't there been some mods that allow the university cooktop stove to spawn an npc cook on community lots? Because that sounds a lot like what you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#4916 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 12:24 PM
No, that's ain't a restaurant at least in my dictionary. I want meh or the game's customers to pay for da fooood.
Forum Resident
#4917 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:50 PM
A modder with the skill levels of Sun & Moon might be able to clone and rework one of the Bon Voyage food stands to make an object like what SneakyWingPhoenix has in mind. I think I might go over to Plumbbob Keep to see if they've done anything like that.
Mad Poster
#4918 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM
You could combine the dorm cook with the OFB pay by hour thing? I can't remember its name... that's how I simulate a pub, when sims never spontaneously buy drinks from the bar.

You could even have it as an owned business with a playable cook, making burgers...

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#4919 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
A modder with the skill levels of Sun & Moon might be able to clone and rework one of the Bon Voyage food stands to make an object like what SneakyWingPhoenix has in mind. I think I might go over to Plumbbob Keep to see if they've done anything like that.

There is already a fast food stand in the game, it came with one of the later EPs, not sure which one. That's true. I often use this with extra tables scattered around.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#4920 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 10th Mar 2017 at 10:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is already a fast food stand in the game, it came with one of the later EPs, not sure which one. That's true. I often use this with extra tables scattered around.

Three of them came with BV, for each vacation destination one, AL added fourth.

Edit: Found recolored one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=330500
Mad Poster
#4921 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Three of them came with BV, for each vacation destination one, AL added fourth.

And, for anyone who likes variety, bienchen83 made six new food stands as well :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4923 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 4:41 AM
Sun&moon have trees that harvest items, not sure if pine nuts is amoungst that or not. The Growing Tree.

Harvestable banana tree -already a thing. Castaway stuff.

Papaya Tree- already a thing. Castaway stuff

Pansies- are edible by pets.

Last one is the only one that I know does not exist in that form although there are flowers that spread and grow across the lawn. They are classed as 'weeds' by the game, by Fractured Moonlight.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4925 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 7:07 AM
I'd love a mod that makes vampires age. I love vampires in NL, but I hate how they never age once they turn. Even my most favourite families lose my interest after playing them so long and they never age. It's like, they can't do anything until dark, and they roll the same repetitive wants every time they're awake (thanks Freetime!), it just gets boring real fast. Yeah, I could cure them, but wheres the fun in that? Like I said, I wish there was a mod to let vampires age/die of old age. (Yes I'm boring about death that way lol)
Page 197 of 580