Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 3:10 PM Last edited by justJones : 17th Jan 2015 at 7:59 PM.
Default Sim Crossing [formerly Collector Legacy Challenge]
There was just something missing with the original challenge, so I've altered it some to have an Animal Crossing feel. (Note: You certainly do not have to have played any of the Animal Crossing games to play this.)

The goal of the challenge is to fill your empty museum with every collectible there is to find (not including plants), make friends with your neighbors, and upgrade your house into a mansion (house worth at least 100,000).

This can be played as a legacy or with a single sim.

Story:
Your sim has just left home, off to start their new life as a young adult, out in the real world. Their friends were telling them about this great town, but once your sim arrives they find that it's almost empty. There aren't any neighbors anywhere! It's a nice enough place, but where is everyone?

After speaking with the mayor, your sim learns that recently, all of the sims have moved away from the small town and to the city. They still come back to visit and there are sims passing through, but none of them are staying. He asks you to help him rebuild the town. In exchange, he gives you a small house to live in. Before rushing off, he also mentions something about an empty museum.

Rules:
1. Your sims are not allowed to get jobs. All money has to be made by selling paintings, fruits and flowers, writing books, selling duplicate collectibles, basically anything that isn't an actual career.
2. Make sure Fill Empty Homes is turned OFF.
3. Married sims or moved in sims are NOT allowed to bring in any money.
4. Sims may only move in ONE friend/spouse. If they move in a friend and then later marry another sim, that friend has to move out. You may only have two adults max at a time.
5. Only one sim per generation is allowed to collect. Other sims in that generation may help around the house, but are not allowed to collect anything.
5. Sims can have as many children as they want, but only one is allowed to be the heir. The player can choose who the heir will be and all other children are not allowed to contribute in any way. Once they become young adults, they must be moved out. (If you're playing single generation, no children are allowed to collect or contribute.)
6. You can only have 10 neighbors. Once the tenth neighbor is moved in, your sim may not befriend any new sims for the purpose of moving them into a house without moving another sim out first. (Families count as single neighbors.)
7. You will need to build a new museum, or download the one I have made, to have room for everything. You should be able to find mine in the gallery, called Sim Crossing Museum. (I have not tested to make sure everything fits, so some minor adjusted may need to be made.)

Setup:
• Make a single sim. They can have any aspiration and traits you want, or you can random roll to make things more interesting.
• Move your sim to any empty lot and give them a 5 x 5 square room with a door, two windows, basic wall covering, cheap carpet, siding, a roof, and nothing else.
• Cheat away ALL remaining simoleons.
• Start collecting! The only way to make money to expand and furnish your home is to find and sell collectibles. You can sell any collectibles you want, just remember to put some in the museum, too.
• Make friends! To move sims into neighboring houses, you must become friends with them first.

Optional:
• Bulldoze all residential lots and build/import new houses when a new sim moves in.

Collections Needed for Completion:
• Frogs: 25
• Fish: 22
• Crystals: 20
• Metals: 20
• Elements: 15
• Postcards: 14
• Fossils: 16
• Microscope Prints: 12
• Space Prints: 15
• Aliens: 10
• Space Rocks: 5
• MySim Trophies: 20
• Masterpieces: at least 10
• Optional - Plaques: 12 (not counting gardening plaque)

And that's it! It's pretty simple and I'm still on my first generation, so I don't actually know how it will play out. There's probably room for improvement and I encourage anyone to make suggestions to better this challenge. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, feel free to post pictures and share your progress in this thread. I will be recording my legacy (and other legacies) on my simblr: http://strawberryhousesims.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:05 PM
I had an epiphany and changed the challenge a little, but the overall idea is still the same: COLLECT ALL THE THINGS! :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 4:34 AM Last edited by mama_tex : 24th Mar 2015 at 5:43 AM.
I can't find your museum on the gallery?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
I can't find your museum on the gallery?

For some reason you can't find it by name, so you'll have to search by ID, which is evakelley. Sorry about that!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MegaMutant
For some reason you can't find it by name, so you'll have to search by ID, which is evakelley. Sorry about that!

Thanks I found it eventually and have been having fun with it. I switch between challenges alot so it take me awhile to actually finish a challenge
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MegaMutant
I had an epiphany and changed the challenge a little, but the overall idea is still the same: COLLECT ALL THE THINGS! :D

Love this!! COLLECT ALL THE THINGS!!