Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 3757 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 11:32 PM
Default Large hole in basement wall above door
Hello,
I am have successfully built my basement and now I am trying to place doors and windows, but I keep running into this issue. I have deleted all of the foundation, and used the leveling tool to even things out. Can anyone help me with this please?
Advertisement
Tuesday is Soylent Green day!
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:20 PM
Could you please post a picture to show where the hole is?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:38 PM
Without a pic, I'm guessing BUT - it sounds like your wall might not be tall enough. If that's the case you'll need to lower the terrain to the proper height.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Could you please post a picture to show where the hole is?

Here is the photo. I thought that I attached it. Oops!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 6:52 PM
From the picture, it looks like your basement is too deep for a regular wall height (16 clicks, I believe?), yet not deep enough to be two stories down. If you have Numenor's Custom walls ( http://modthesims.info/d/59793 ) installed, the un-levelled wall can sometimes fix such oddities. Otherwise, you'll probably need to adjust the depth of your basement, as mustluvcatz suggested.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4RE
From the picture, it looks like your basement is too deep for a regular wall height (16 clicks, I believe?), yet not deep enough to be two stories down. If you have Numenor's Custom walls ( http://modthesims.info/d/59793 ) installed, the un-levelled wall can sometimes fix such oddities. Otherwise, you'll probably need to adjust the depth of your basement, as mustluvcatz suggested.

Ok. Thank you. I will install and try Numenor's Walls as you suggested.