Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:33 AM
Default Late Night patch
I'm considering downloading the patch for Late Night that EA put online a couple of weeks ago. As usual with most things EA there are often other problems caused by the patch. So, I was wondering what glitches have popped up since the new patch and basically, should I bother? I haven't been able to play LN since I got it due to the lag issue. Does the patch assist with clearing up that problem at all? I don't have internet at home so I am going to have to lug my tower across town to my husband's office in order to do so, should I go through the trouble?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:54 AM
I couldn't download the patch at all. I use the launcher and everything, yet the darned thing would freeze in the middle of downloading.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 4:41 AM
Patches don't tend to add more bugs, instead, after a long while they make a patch to fix what most of the times the modding community has mostly fixed lol. So I haven't had any major issue with the new patch, I mean, every time there's a new patch I download it, it can't make the game worse so I say just go ahead.

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

The thing you have to love about the Sims community ----->Its creativity.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 5:06 AM
Quote:
This game update includes the following changes:

Ambitions Updates * The Poltergeist Haunting job will now properly complete when a Ghost Hunter is performing the job on lots containing hot tubs.

General Updates * Corrected an issue that prevented launching the game from expansion pack or stuff pack desktop shortcuts for certain computer configurations.

This was all that was included in the latest patch, so I doubt it would have been any use to you. Lag issues aren't usually anything that can be fixed by a patch though, that's usually an issue with your configuration or something else going on within the game. I would try something like Twallan's Overwatch to clean up all the stray cars, reset lots and turn off all the tv's and radios around town. That might help your lagging. I'm assuming that you've checked all your CC to make sure you don't have any conflicts or out of date stuff.

Wouldn't it be much easier to download the patch/mod onto a flash drive at the office and take that home with you, rather than lugging a tower around town? All patches can be found here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims...hes-the-sims-3/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:17 AM
I have no CC and my computer is way beyond what is needed for the game, so Im pretty much figuring it's the issue with stray cars that's causing the lag as it gets worse the longer I play. Sadly, I am a complete and total noob when it comes to anything involving patches, mods, cc what have you and really don't know what I'm doing. I know with the EADM I just start up Sims 3 and go to the upload section and download patch. As far as Twallans Overwatch Im a bit confused. I saw it's a zip file and that you need a program to extract it? *see? seriously behind times on computer stuff* Also that every time I get a new SP/EP I'd have to remove the mod while downloading and then reload it? Or maybe it was that I'd have to update the mod everytime there's a new pack released? Sigh.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
As far as Twallans Overwatch Im a bit confused. I saw it's a zip file and that you need a program to extract it? *see? seriously behind times on computer stuff*

Yes, this means that you can download it more easily because you use less jiggabytes!

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
I have no CC and my computer is way beyond what is needed for the game, so Im pretty much figuring it's the issue with stray cars that's causing the lag as it gets worse the longer I play. Sadly, I am a complete and total noob when it comes to anything involving patches, mods, cc what have you and really don't know what I'm doing. I know with the EADM I just start up Sims 3 and go to the upload section and download patch. As far as Twallans Overwatch Im a bit confused. I saw it's a zip file and that you need a program to extract it? *see? seriously behind times on computer stuff* Also that every time I get a new SP/EP I'd have to remove the mod while downloading and then reload it? Or maybe it was that I'd have to update the mod everytime there's a new pack released? Sigh.

You don't have to worry about a .zip file, any newer computer has the ability to open them without a separate program. I'll help you through PM (private message...look in the upper left hand, under the stop that says News, Help, Create etc.) with how to get it, where to put it and what you will have to do to keep it working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
You don't have to worry about a .zip file, any newer computer has the ability to open them without a separate program. I'll help you through PM (private message...look in the upper left hand, under the stop that says News, Help, Create etc.) with how to get it, where to put it and what you will have to do to keep it working.

Hey! Just wanted to say thank you for helping me out. After a bit of hair pulling I managed to get the mod loaded into my game. Haven't gotten a chance to play as of yet to see if cleaning up the cars/homeless peeps will make my game run smoother though. I'm looking forward to getting off work early tomorrow so I can log in a couple hours of game play to check things out. Thanks again!
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:44 PM
I did the patch and I still have DEP issues on a fresh profile. Its a non issue on my other machine, but its slightly annoying to put several hours into a game and have it DEP crash and loose all my work 'cause I didnt save every 5 minutes. Then play for several months with no crashes.
Alchemist
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestie Freehawk
I did the patch and I still have DEP issues on a fresh profile. Its a non issue on my other machine, but its slightly annoying to put several hours into a game and have it DEP crash and loose all my work 'cause I didnt save every 5 minutes. Then play for several months with no crashes.

Just create a DEP exception for the program
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:21 PM
There's supposed to be another LN patch delivered soon, per a post over at Snooty Sims recently. A larger one than that last tiny one.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004