Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 12:27 AM
Default Premade sims worth playing?
I've just begun playing The Sims 3 recently and haven't played it a lot and am wondering if there are any premade sims that are actually worth playing and actually look good? I have ambitions, late night, and the base game. So in those three towns anyone know the best sims to play? And not a huge household. Right now, I'm fiddling around in the ambitions world and playing the red head girl that lives with the geeky guy. I have no idea what their names are. It's been a few days.

Anyone better then them?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 12:33 AM
Males:
Marc Brandt- He may look unique but has an interesting story.
Harwood Clay- Who doesn't like to play creepy old dudes?!

Females:
Amy Bull- She has a unique style and wants to be a fashion designer.
Blaise Kindle- Is a tomboy; wants to be a firefighter.

There's more interesting characters, but I pretty much stick to creating Sims for my own towns.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:03 PM
I've heared a lot of good about Juan Darer. I have not played him, but one of my ladies seems to be getting quite fond of him so he might be moving in with her later on. The only bad thing I have heard about him, is that he doesn't have that much time left.
Banned
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:10 PM
There was that one gangster family in Bridgeport, Bling Bling or some cliche rap crap like that.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:19 PM
I think the Wolff family is interesting. And the group of young adults living downtown in Sunset Valley (Tamara Donner, Cycl0ne Sw0rd, Stiles McGaw, etc.).
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:44 PM
All I'ma say is - download Barnacle Bay. It's got a lot of potential, if you makeover and facelift some of its inhabitants. Like... Dina Caliente. This is like the fifth thread I say how much I like Dina on.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 9:53 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:06 PM.
I enjoy playing Beau Merrick.. now that I have given him a make over, a brother and they live in the re-converted Brownstone in Bridgeport with William Fangmann (Talon), Flo-Flo (Flo) Chique, Brigit Hemlock (Merrick) and some lovely human girl attached to the fangmann.

I'm not one for premade sims..

Go suck an elf...
Alchemist
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:43 PM
There is one - or was (dead now in my game) - male sim in Bridgeport who I really like. So much so, that I made my custom sim lady marry him. He's name is Kosti and he works at the police station. Really funny and kind a good looking, too. I don't know his original last name because they changed it into a Finnish one. He's not a randomly generated sim because he's in my sister's game, as well. If someone knows his original last name, please let know.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
There is one - or was (dead now in my game) - male sim in Bridgeport who I really like. So much so, that I made my custom sim lady marry him. He's name is Kosti and he works at the police station. Really funny and kind a good looking, too. I don't know his original last name because they changed it into a Finnish one. He's not a randomly generated sim because he's in my sister's game, as well. If someone knows his original last name, please let know.

Any chance of a picture? the only police officer in Bridgeport that comes to my mind, is the black vampire with the great muscle definition <3
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:29 AM
Heh, well - it depends on what type of sims you like to play. I personally think that Jon Lessen in the Riverview world (downloaded from the EA Store for free) is awesome - he's a lonely rock star who lives with the grave of his mentor, Destry Dixon. If you hang around at night times and befriend the ghost, you get the "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity which lets you revive Destry as a playable ghost - which is just fantastic . Weirdly, Destry only has 1 point of Guitar skill - but I guess he forgot a lot while dead.

Jon Lessen is reasonably attractive to start with, and can be made more METAL if you prefer that (he has proper, long, BRIGHT RED hair and eyeliner in my game), or you could clean him up with short hair and he'd still look good.

The one caveat for this sim is that his house is absolutely enormous, so if you're playing on a computer with limited resources, he might not be for you.

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Any chance of a picture? the only police officer in Bridgeport that comes to my mind, is the black vampire with the great muscle definition <3

Yeah, here's one. I only changed his hair. Maybe his occupation changes in different games. In my sisters game he does work at the police station as well, though.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Yeah, here's one. I only changed his hair.

D: Where did you get that hair from? Looks niiiiice.
Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
D: Where did you get that hair from? Looks niiiiice.

It's one of Newsea'a over at the TSR, called Battler.