Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 10:27 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 18th Sep 2015 at 4:32 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is there a limit to the number of scripting mods you can use? [Resolved]
After reinstalling the Sims 3 I find myself with a limited number of scripting mods able to be installed, any new ones boot the ones off the bottom of the list. This is extremely bothersome since I am used to using about fifty or so scripting mods. I feel like I missed a modding step this time around or something. Does anyone have any suggestions? I used to use all of these fine together before I got my new computer. I don't think I added any new ones.

It's the strangest thing, a list pops up showing me what scripting mods I have installed and it looks as though it's got a limited number of characters, because it cuts out mid word. Any not on the list act as though they aren't installed. The worst part is my favourites are always at the bottom of the list nomatter how I set up the subfolders in my mods>packages folder. I never remember a list popping up before this installation.

Is there any way to expand the character count in the list or get them all in without renaming them all to single character names? Is it safe to merge script mods together with S3PE? [Found out after posting that this is indeed safe]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 1:47 PM
There is no real hard limit. The list of script mods that pops up on startup is incomplete for all of us who have a lot of such mods. That in itself does not really prevent the ones not appearing from loading, it must be something else causing this. There are some mods that suppress the pop-up list entirely -- NRaas NoCD is one and I think Awesome might be another (memory is a bit fuzzy on that last one).

Have you deleted your 4-5 cache files in your game folder before loading up, especially the scriptCache.package file? This needs to be done every time the contents of your Mods folder changes in any way.

What can happen, not really possible to tell yet if this is the case here, is that if one item in your Mods/Packages folder takes a long time at the attempted loadup and ultimately fails, it can block things that were meant to come after it in the load order. And (sorry, this has been going on for years and am getting really tired of this controversy), no it is not a good practice to merge script mods.

You might try starting a test game with just your favorite package files, the ones that seem to be failing with the full load. If they load successfully, then add the others in batches until the problem reappears, thus possibly enabling you to find the potential culprit(s).
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 5:55 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 7th Sep 2015 at 5:58 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
Thank you. and I think I figured out the problem. The list was completely coincidental and had nothing to do with the mods not working. The mods in question were several mods by Icarus Allsorts and, yes, I remove the cache files after adding any mods.

Cook With Any Ingredient in particular was giving me noticeable grief, a long with a few others I didn't check fully. When I would remove all of Ani's mods it would bump Icarus' up onto the list, making me think that that was the problem but one of Ani's mods is conflicting with it. This is strange because I've used Ani's no shopping from fridge mod before along side it with no conflict, so either one of the authors made them incompatible in an update, or a completely random one of her mods are conflicting with it.

I haven't put Ani's mods in yet one by one to see which is the problem. I just started playing again after two years and haven't gotten into any of the stuff that needs most of her mods yet. When I figure out which is conflicting I'll make a note of it in their respective mods' comments.

As a side note, Nraas' NoCD mod would explain why I'd never seen this popup window before in my entire simming life.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 9:52 AM
Hey, we have the same "favorite" mods!

Ani's No Shopping from the Fridge mod as downloaded from MTS is incompatible with the most recent updates of icarus' Cook with Any Ingredient mod. Ani has retired from TS3 modding and happens to have bequeathed her mods to us at NRaas.

Ani's No Shopping from the Fridge mod v7 as updated by no other than icarus himself while wearing his NRaas uniform (yeah, that guy gets around) is compatible. I still use both of them together.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/No+Fridge+Shopping
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/No+Frid...+Revision+Notes
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 4:31 AM
Thank you for the info, and Sorry I took long to reply. I've spent half of the last week getting all my mods to play nicely together, and the other half playing like an addict 'till I find another bug. I think I've found a happy place.

At one point everything was so glitched I couldn't even turn a sim into a mermaid. Even the one who was already a mermaid. In Master Controller>Intermediate there was no Add/remove/ occult option for my mermaid sim, and even eating mermadic kelp returned a MC script error and reset my sim with 0 results. xD I was so frustrated it took an entire day of fiddling. And when I finally /did/ fix it Every sim in town had their relationships completely wiped out. And had to go back in and google every married couple of Aurora skies and remarry them with MC because Story Progression started moving them all out because they were unmarried strangers. And since there is no option to make a sim your "ex wife" in MC poor Leif Helgason how has no record of his previous marriages and according to the stats, has had three kids with three strangers. x.x I even went so far as to start up a new game in the town and find the sims I was playing, write down all their starting relationships and fabricate those back into MY game via MC.

That was just one example, so it's been a fun week.

I appreciate all you guys' hard work at NRaas. I think there's only 3 or 4 of the entire suite I don't actually use. And that's probably only because I haven't needed to yet. I literally could not play without NRaas. Twallan will always be a legend.