Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:45 AM
Default James Remar as Ajax - The Warrior
Hi, this was a request ... so if anyone could give any advice I would appreciate it. I know the pic's aren't that great, but they are the best we could find.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:14 AM
Nice start and good to see you back! I think the nose needs to be wider above the nostrils and the nose tip turned down a little. Upper lip a bit thicker up and down and less defined. Chin shape looks close but the chin, I think, needs to be shorter.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Nice start and good to see you back! I think the nose needs to be wider above the nostrils and the nose tip turned down a little. Upper lip a bit thicker up and down and less defined. Chin shape looks close but the chin, I think, needs to be shorter.

Thanks Simmy!

Okay here is the update... thanks for the feedback.
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:10 AM
hey good start.you give a closer side by side shot?
- but from what i can see his nose mass needs to be decreased a bit
You need to used daveluved1 shady brow conversion and lower his brows
* widen upper nose bridge a bit
* Lips: the lips need to be defined a lot more* lower upper lip thickness and reduce width a bit. plump up lower lip thicknessdo not take my word just yet though b/c i need closer shots*
* raise lower eyelid height a tiny amount and then increase eye shape slider
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:37 AM
Re worked him, any suggestions?

Screenshots
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:18 AM
hey Jackincol :D
suggestions:
* he needs some stubble
*still lower upper lip thickness a bit
* soften the jaw by the * tiniest* amount
*raise the nostrils up a tiny bit
* I love those brows(wcif them btw) but you need to use a different ones( yes I changed my mind >=)), I suggest Hp's Under your brows
*his brow height needs to be a bit lower
*his mouth has to be slightly less wide
*his lower lip needs slightly less thickness and shaped slightly more square
*his chin in this update. looks pretty close . did you do anything to it?
*celebrity likeness can thrown off by the slightness thing , so i don't want to make any suggestions without seeing him straight forward some more (*picky* I kno xD)
*his hair needs be darker and brown. less red
*less cheekbone shape. in the ref pic his cheekbones help form a line like a straight V to his chin. your sim's cheek bones are too curved and mess up that line at the top of the V

the sim him is hawter than the real him :lovestruc: your pretty close as per usual, not much to do
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 1:02 AM
Good job Jakincol! The nose looks closer but I think the nasal bridge might be a touch too wide and might need to be indented a tiny bit more. I'm guessing that the model has quite a "hooked" nose. I'd love to see a profile of the model and the sim, if you can. Also, I believe the chin is a little long although the shape is good. Cheekbones up a tiny bit, as well.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:51 AM
Thanks Freedom, thanks Simmy for the feedback!

Tried to make all of the suggested changes.
Freedom, I'm not sure who the brow's belong to in the last update. I have so many I would have had to try and figure it out. Using Hp's now... her's I know.

There are not too many pic's out there of this guy, good ones anyway. This is an older version of him on the side view, but have to use what we can find.

Screenshots
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 12:11 PM
suggestions:
* wow those eyebrows are perfect. yeah Hp's is the most recognizable but it really matches
*his eyebrow height needs to be a tad lower. to make his eyes more brooding
* his chin has to be every so slightly less wide
* his eyes need to smaller and slightly more upturned by rotating them up and counter balancing they outer eye corner height back to how it is now. if that ameks any sense
* his nose profile needs to be slightly more out
*his cheekbones are perfect.they need to look slightly more hollow though. use some type of cheek defining blush in your aresinal.
* his nose needs to be narrower
*And where is his stubble, my dear?
*his lips are spot on!

On a seperate note, you seriously need to send me or uplaod your june 30th version.hes stunning. i mean with my suggestions i guess hes gonna be closer to your reference but less hotter IMHO lol.
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 12:58 AM
From the side view, it looks like the nasal bridge needs to move up to even with the top of the iris, if you can. Also, turn the nose tip up a bit. The model looks like he may have had his nose broken. I doubt that you can duplicate that "bump" on the sim. Good job!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 6:26 PM
suggestions:
* wow those eyebrows are perfect. yeah Hp's is the most recognizable but it really matches
*his eyebrow height needs to be a tad lower. to make his eyes more brooding
* his chin has to be every so slightly less wide
* his eyes need to smaller and slightly more upturned by rotating them up and counter balancing they outer eye corner height back to how it is now. if that ameks any sense
* his nose profile needs to be slightly more out
*his cheekbones are perfect.they need to look slightly more hollow though. use some type of cheek defining blush in your aresinal.
* his nose needs to be narrower
*And where is his stubble, my dear?
*his lips are spot on!

On a seperate note, you seriously need to send me or uplaod your june 30th version.hes stunning. i mean with my suggestions i guess hes gonna be closer to your reference but less hotter IMHO lol.

Thanks freedom for all the feedback! It is greatly appreciated!!

Tried to make all of the above changes. I get confused when people say to rotate the eye up, whether that means inner corners up or outer corners up, so I rotated the inner corners up.

I completely re worked his nose. See if that is better. Although I don't think I can indent it anymore than it is w/out it looking odd.

Changed his blush... see if that is better?

Thanks Simmy for the feedback, see how this looks.

*** Oh, I don't see a June 30th update, what is the post number? Lol, let me know Freedom, if I have him I will make him available, lol. Thanks!
Screenshots
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:33 PM
His chin's still a bit long, nose looks better to me. Perhaps make jaw / bottom part of face narrower below cheeks, if you can. Good work!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 4:57 AM
Okay, my computer quit after the last update, so I started again with the suggestions from the last update. Also included the last post by Simmy.

See how this looks.

Screenshots
Instructor
#14 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 1:00 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 10th Jul 2011 at 4:39 AM.
Suggestions:
* i meant rotate the whole eye which you slightly need to do still
*his eyes need to be ever so slightly more squinty ,use eye shape slider
* define the nose a little more
* hollow out this cheeks a little bit
*his chin profile needs to come out a little bit more
* his skin color is too light , make it darker and more a yellow under tone. perhaps you need to change the skin swatch all together

your getting closer..in fact your very close, its really in the little details.you know I usually have lots to say and I can't think of anything. so that's saying some thing ...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 4:20 PM
Quote:
i meant rotate the whole eye which you slightly need to do still

Okay, do you mean...when rotating the "whole" eye ... do you mean rotating in the directing with the inner eye corners going up or down? Just to say rotate up or down is confusing to me...

I like this skin, so I would like to stay with it.

Thanks!
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:09 PM
The only things I see now are that the nose and chin look a little long. I think Freedom means to rotate the outer corner of the eye upward a little. Good job!
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
...I think Freedom means to rotate the outer corner of the eye upward a little. Good job!

^ exactly what i meant. *or* you can rotate the eye slightly up in general. which ever method works best... sry about that i'm usually more specific.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:46 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 20th Jul 2011 at 3:02 AM.
Thanks Freedom, thanks Simmy!

Sorry it has taken so long to get back here.

Updated, see if this is better.

Sorry Simmy forgot your changes... moved eyes down to shorten the nose and shortened the chin.

Screenshots
Scholar
#19 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:15 AM
Move the eyes a bit closer together and make chin a little shorter still. I'm not sure, but I think he may have looked closer in post # 13. See what others think. Good job!
Instructor
#20 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:32 AM
-make his nose tip smaller
-bring inner corner down so more and decrease eye shape slider-b/c the lower eyelid needs to come down a bit more
-the the ultra glow blush is distorting his likeness:/perhaps use cheek blush just to define outside of his cheeks by making it darker. has he always had blush on? it seems more intense now.*edit* oh maybe cause you changed the skintone hue like i suggested before. so you should adjust the make- up accordingly
- make his chin tad more pointy. not like your last update but now its slightly not pointy enough. like your reference picture his face is an oval and your Sims face is more round like a circle.
-side profile is bang on
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:01 AM
How can I download?
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 3:11 AM
Can this request be finished please!!!
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#23 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:07 PM
Green95, this is not the place for requests. This thread is for feedback only and it's more than 7 months old!

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:49 AM
sorrry but the request was for me
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
Green95, this is not the place for requests. This thread is for feedback only and it's more than 7 months old!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: useful sim-making info.