Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 10:06 PM
Default Location out of bounds?
Does anyone know how to put a wall or a fence around the whole lot without it saying "location out of bounds?" or even an object, like to move the mailbox and trash bin

Nine out of ten men say they prefer women with big boobs. The 10th man, however, preffered the 9 other men.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 10:10 PM
If you have the OFB patch then you will be able to move the mailbox and trash can with the moveObjects on cheat.

It's not possible unfortunately to build out of bounds except if having installed only the base game ( if i am not mistaken).

You will find my older and newest creations here
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 10:37 PM
Except the sideway you can close your lot, holding the shift key, without any problem even without the patch.
...is there a driveway ?

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 12:04 AM
With OFB, the patch and move_objects on activated you can build fences along the whole outer perimeter of the lot -- including across the road. You can place gates within 1 tile of the absolute edge. You can tile any and every square. You can build walls complete walls within 2 spaces of edge. You can NOT place any object (other than gates), including doors, windows, trees, stairs, etc beyond the lot side sidewalk.

With NL (and presumeably below), with the move_objects on active, you can build as described above AND place objects anyplace from the far sidewalk all the way to the back of the lot. Sims can interact with these objects and treat them in an entirely normal manner. You could build a completely functional house that sat entirely over the road.

Lots built with NL and then brought over to OFB maintain all the object placements and interactions BUT if you ever pick them up, you can't put them back.

You have to be careful and test the lots because placement of objects or walls at certain points will prevent some of the NPC vehicle activity. (i.e. The taxi might not come, grocery delivery might not come, etc.) The exact location seems to vary by lot size.

If you have the neede eps, you might take a look at some of my Venice lots. They are all built out over the road. Some were done in NL only. The rest need UNI, NL & OFB.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 12:22 PM
In my experiences, especially in the base game,
1. one can build walls up to the last 2nd GRID ROW to the edge of a lot.
2. one can build walls up to the last 3rd LINE to the edge of a lot.
3. with the "moveobjects on" cheat, a 2x2 can be treated back like a 2x3 lot, and so as 3x2 back like a 3x3 lot... coz the road itself is ? x 1. So, a in-game 6x5 lot is actually made from a 6x6 lot template.
4. fences are allowed to buit to the edge of the lot as long as they can't suppot the next level of grid layer.

So what?
One can build diagonal walls on the last 2nd grid row.
and if one builds a foundation block with the ["ctrl-delete"+"1 mouse click"], the side of the foundation block which is on the either the last grid row or the last second line will be grahpically silented at least or unable to form.

Since I've various game versions, so I build my lots in the base game predominantly for the largest compatibility. There're still some features I miss too much to give up the base game copy while not messing around with EP1 much. If I need certain features for NL or OFB, I'll do the basic lots in the base game and then import them into my NL and/or OFB copies... Yes, multiple-stage-processing. :D, so the OFB moveobjects cheat bug is never a problem to me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:03 PM
Thanks! You people make it seem so simple :P

Nine out of ten men say they prefer women with big boobs. The 10th man, however, preffered the 9 other men.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies