Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 8:48 AM
Default Wanting to create new posable objects...
Wanting to create new posable objects...
Already familiar with object creation. Already familiar with posing sims and bones and grannyrigs etc.
Not sure what might be needed to create a custom rig that works in sims. Is there any reference material already available?
Things I'd like to do is make a different kind of snake, or a lasso, or a type of spider, etc...
(No guarantee of success! ha! But would love to try. I get a whip or a lasso or something animated and working it will be available for download complete with poses and scripts)
Thanks for any help offered!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:24 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 8th Jan 2016 at 6:00 PM.
Hmmm that's a interesting one, but the sad thing is, EA uses another bones system when it comes to objects. So far i've seen is that everytime I would export something from TSRW (like a bed)That has bones like you mean, Milkshape will crash on me when I want to make it show the bones colours. So that also points to EA having a different bones system (maybe only for beds, could be possible) But then the other confusing thing is, EA's bones with furniture are all codes and when making a CAS part they're just all like "b_Righteye" Which in my opinion is more easier to assign bones to. But if you would be able to make bones that the game accepts, then the second thing is the matter here... animations. Now I know some people who made something like this successfully but sadly those people left the sims community long ago so you can't ask them how they did it. But I guess normal bones would work on objects. Then you need to make a script for it to make it work and play an animation you want. It's a really hard thing to do I guess, but I've never really tried.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking about it, I know David Mont made these Christmas lights that like moves, and he has done more awesome stuff that way. Just hover on this picture of a sim eating popcorn and let's hope he knows: http://davidmont.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:56 PM
That's the best I have to go on so far, Greenplumbbob.... I appreciate the response and will check it out immediately.
Any new lead is a good lead. Thank you