Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:06 PM
Default Looking for a rideable skateboard?
Hey all. This is a custom content request for TS3. I love the rollerskating provided by Seasons (and the indoor roller rink lot one can add to their town), and bikes...well, they're bikes. What I'm looking for is a skateboard. Ideally it could be ridden by Children, Teens and Young Adults (basically the age groups most likely to skateboard in real life), and would contribute to the Athletic skill as well as fill up the Fun motive, and I think it should travel about as fast as a bike (so a child's skateboard might be just a little slower than one used by teens or young adults). If Seasons is installed maybe it could use the half-pipe, too. If such a thing doesn't yet exist, could someone create it for me or teach me how to create it myself? Just to make sure everyone's clear, this is for TS3. Thanks guys!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 3:58 PM
Actually, it's what I'm trying to do right now! Well, it's a less ambitious project that the one you describe (I'm not skilled enough to do that), but I'm trying to replace the snowboard mesh by a skateboard mesh, and even this, it's not so easy because it needs to be scripted, and so far, I'm not succeeding so well. But I'm not giving it up yet!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:24 PM
I have no experience modding, but I have a little idea that may help us. Instead of focussing on the snowboard, maybe try one of the bikes instead (as there are already different ones for Children and older Sims)? I'm thinking the skateboard might act more like one of the bikes, in terms of who can ride which ones and that.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:47 PM
I made another skateboard (sorry to not tell more but it's supposed to be released next Friday, so it's a surprise! ) but that one won't give any specific Athletic points (neither the bikes do actually).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:21 PM
Awesome! I'll look forward to trying it out, whatever it is you've come up with! Thanks for letting me know
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:49 AM
I wonder if the hover board from ITF can be repurposed as a skateboard.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 2:57 AM
Any luck?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:02 AM
Sandy at Around the Sims made this.. Is this what you are looking for?