Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
I am guessing you did not see the panties comment? edit: it's a common insult to use on other men to make them feel inferior in a patriarchal society. I happen to be a woman, and it feels like an attack on my gender, am I wrong?

But men have panties too. Besides it's a pretty common phrase I seriously doubt even if it was meant to be implying femininity that it would be indicative of the person consciously choosing to be sexist. Honestly I've always seen it more as saying the person is like a childish little kid about to wet themselves, since you only really call underpants panties when your like 5.

Frankly, between this and your thing with haters, I'm getting the impression you just don't think of people with different opinions as human beings. I mean, you think they're either sexists or people who don't even care about something but hate it to spite you. That's...kinda irrational, like a paranoid the world is out to get me kinda irrational. Seriously, don't go down that path, it's a pretty dark one, one minute your saying everyones out to get you, the next your digging a 10 foot hole, building an electric fence and sleeping in a deprivation chamber to practice for the day you fake your own death. It's not worth it, just take a deep breath and maybe take what people say at face value alittle more. Like instead of reading sexism into the panties comment, think about what they're actually saying in the context of the sentence: like with the panties example what that means when you strip away the words and just focus on the intent is pretty much: "I think you are overeacting and want you to stop, so I'm going to try and make a dig at you so you might feel inclined to stop".

That's the intent of the sentence right there, going further than that is kind of distracting from the point. I mean you can say back "Hey! You took a dig at me, congrats, now watch me dig my heels in, cause I don't respond well to someone trying to boss me about indirectly." But saying "That's sexist" is kind of not what the sentence was about. Heck I highly doubt it's even an accurate description of the phrase being used.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:40 AM
I am guessing you did not see the panties comment? edit: it's a common insult to use on other men to make them feel inferior in a patriarchal society. I happen to be a woman, and it feels like an attack on my gender, am I wrong?

Im a woman. so no it wasnt gender based, and that saying is not gender based. You really have some issues. im done with this cause its now off topic.
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
But men have panties too. Besides it's a pretty common phrase I seriously doubt even if it was meant to be implying femininity that it would be indicative of the person consciously choosing to be sexist. Honestly I've always seen it more as saying the person is like a childish little kid about to wet themselves, since you only really call underpants panties when your like 5.

Frankly, between this and your thing with haters, I'm getting the impression you just don't think of people with different opinions as human beings. I mean, you think they're either sexists or people who don't even care about something but hate it to spite you. That's...kinda irrational, like a paranoid the world is out to get me kinda irrational. Seriously, don't go down that path, it's a pretty dark one, one minute your saying everyones out to get you, the next your digging a 10 foot hole, building an electric fence and sleeping in a deprivation chamber to practice for the day you fake your own death. It's not worth it, just take a deep breath and maybe take what people say at face value alittle more. Like instead of reading sexism into the panties comment, think about what they're actually saying in the context of the sentence: like with the panties example what that means when you strip away the words and just focus on the intent is pretty much: "I think you are overeacting and want you to stop, so I'm going to try and make a dig at you so you might feel inclined to stop".

That's the intent of the sentence right there, going further than that is kind of distracting from the point. I mean you can say back "Hey! You took a dig at me, congrats, now watch me dig my heels in, cause I don't respond well to someone trying to boss me about indirectly." But saying "That's sexist" is kind of not what the sentence was about. Heck I highly doubt it's even an accurate description of the phrase being used.

Thank you at least someone got what I meant. Its kind of weird that someone would think its a attack on their gender.
Scholar
#54 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:23 AM
I wouldn't mind the haters leaving the sims community for good, that would be a dream come true

['the haters' voice] da h8rss *shakes fist*

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:47 PM
Unfortunately, this looks like another SecondLife/IMVU. Not a real, worthy sims competitor.

I still think EA needs a decent competitor.

Edit: Oh, it's fake? Mess.
Instructor
#56 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni

I only have issues with rude people, and there is no good reason to tolerate or put up with it. I am not wrong for calling people out on bad behavior. It is possible to complain about a game without insulting fans or creators, but very few people choose to give constructive criticism, I really don't see how I am the bad guy in this situation, and thus far you have not convinced me
Mad Poster
#57 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:55 PM
Oh, how I agree. I found you to be quite reasonable and you didn't even lost it... Good for you. @misstrgal

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#58 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:04 PM
Instructor
#59 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Please try to keep the thread on-topic
no problem, the thread was kind of proven to be a bogus scam, I agree that second life is the most competition for the sims franchise because I remember playing TSO, and a lot of people leaving the game for it
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:25 PM
Personally, I'd rather see EA taking on the will to please their Sims fans because they consider this being the most important, than seeing EA running in fright because they are being pushed by any other competitor threat. If we, the simmers aren't important to them..then nothing will change.

Instructor
#61 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Personally, I'd rather see EA taking on the will to please their Sims fans because they consider this being the most important, than seeing EA running in fright because they are being pushed by any other competitor threat. If we, the simmers aren't important to them..then nothing will change.
I think they do try to please fans, but what fans want usually conflicts. They did give us toddlers and vampires, two things I wanted. If there was decent competition for the sims fans would have the ability to choose what they play. I think any other gaming company faces the same problem (have you ever seen Wow forums?) If competition did come out, it would have to be pretty spectacular to get me to switch. Sims gives me everything I want in a video game,
Mad Poster
#62 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:36 PM
No..2 of my children play wow, but this is all I know. I am not one of those sims fans who have many complaints, and I do not work for EA, I have no idea what these people faces everyday. I am a satisfied sim player.
I also understand how hard it must be, to try to please everyone, but people on here seem to think that they are totally ignored.. Not my case. I love the sims series, and I would not want to switch anyway.

Instructor
#63 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM
I only have issues with rude people, and there is no good reason to tolerate or put up with it. I am not wrong for calling people out on bad behavior. It is possible to complain about a game without insulting fans or creators, but very few people choose to give constructive criticism, I really don't see how I am the bad guy in this situation, and thus far you have not convinced me

Never said you were the bad guy, only that you came off as paranoid and appeared to dehumanize your enemies. Which is quite true, I've explained why already but here's a recap: there are almost no haters for the sake of hating, real people don't think that way, real people care about things and get mad when they feel those things betray them. That's why people disagree with you, because they feel your dismissing them which quite honestly you are. The other people are out of line too, I took care to state as much on several occassions, but it's my belief that your quickness to dismiss the motives of angry people will get you into trouble and maybe prevent you from seeing others as they truly are. Essentially I'm saying your assumptions about people are incorrect, they might be a-holes but it's very rare for people to do anything without reason even be rude or angry.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:00 PM
This is quite sad that you came up with these conclusions about that MTS member. I have not notice any of what you seem to have noticed about her. It would take a lot for me, to even start pointing finger at anyone on here, even if I had. You are courageous.
And yes, unfortunatly, there are trolls on here. No idea why, as you already said..people on here should be all sims fans after all. But yes, some people behave wrongly, and ask anyone on all sims discussion forums (TS2, TS3 as well) about the disagreeing troll(s), who seems to hit the disagree button just for the fun of it.

Field Researcher
#65 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Klinn2 : 12th Feb 2017 at 3:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Well the Project Vie person is saying that what MB has shared with us is a false accusation. I screenshot the two tweets in question (behind the spoiler to save space). I really don't get what this person thinks they're going to pull off, when obviously they have no product to deliver. It's really sad, because I think everyone could agree that the Sims could use a competitor - but this is ridiculous.

I mean, seriously?! As if this community doesn't have enough drama in it - really? This person must be really disturbed. They're just going to upset a lot of people who were gullible enough to believe in them when it all comes out.

MB's description is 100% accurate. I was around at the time and saw the posts from this individual admitting it was a scam. They did confess to a certain amount of remorse in tricking people, getting their hopes up for nothing, but unfortunately did not follow through and clear up their mess.

The second tweet implies there is a second person involved, which I sincerely doubt. Even the latest "announcement" is written in the same style as before. However the tweet is accurate when stating that the person is not involved in Project Vie development. That's because there never was any development. Not unless you consider posting on Reddit and Facebook as "development".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit: Interestingly enough, over at that forum MB mentioned, we do have another younger* member who actually is interested in game development. He's doing it the right way, trying all sorts of experiments, creating and discarding prototypes, seeing what works or doesn't, building his knowledge and skills. It's delightful to watch unfold, and if you've ever read any of the articles about the classic big-name game gurus, you'll see that they started off in exactly the same manner.

You may know him as SimmyTheSim for his TS4 Lag Fix . I hope he keeps it up and doesn't become too discouraged with all the annoying grindy bits of a game development career, but pushes through and produces some cool stuff for us all to play!

(*I say "younger" with no disrespect, he's got mad skillz, it's just that I'm a fossil by comparison )
Field Researcher
#66 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:41 PM
So... for months and months and months an entire forum full of people knew that one of their members was using this fake Project Vie to troll the reddit and simblr communities, but didn't say anything about it until now?

Why, exactly, is that?
Mad Poster
#67 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:54 PM
Because...it was brought to my attention that the fuss hadn't died out like I thought it would, but instead had grown exponentially worse. After I booted the culprit, I wasn't paying much attention to their antics since I no longer had a need. I got a PM, later, to let me know what was going on in the greater community. (I don't follow every blog & tumblr. I only visit a few Sim-related sites.)

This is probably true for my members as well. We do tend to stick to our own corner of the internet, for the most part.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#68 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinn2
Not unless you consider posting on Reddit and Facebook as "development".

But publicity is a huge part of the development lifecycle of any game or application!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#69 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
So... for months and months and months an entire forum full of people knew that one of their members was using this fake Project Vie to troll the reddit and simblr communities, but didn't say anything about it until now? Why, exactly, is that?

When it was contained to just a private forum and Reddit, it didn't seem to matter that much. Even this individual seemed to lose interest and frankly I expected the whole thing to just fade away.

Why he has decided to revive it now, I have no idea, but since the (fake) news has now spread out to other Sims sites, it's good time to clear things up.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:08 PM
I know I, for one, was never expecting people to make YouTube videos (lasting more than 10 minutes!) on something that has no substantial information whatsoever. It boggles my mind.

Field Researcher
#71 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:09 PM
Okay. Fair enough. I could see how that would be. I'm pretty sure I know which lunatic (and his bajillion reddit sockpuppets) did this. If it is who I think it is, I really wouldn't put this past him at all.

If you have members who are active over on r/thesims over on reddit, it might be a good idea to post that screenshot over there. Or at least contact their moderators or something. My bullshit detector went off about this project, although I figured it was just unrealistic dreaming and not malicious trolling, but there are some people over there who got there hopes up.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
I don't know if any of my members are on that sub, but if you are...feel free to post my screenshot there. I'm completely fine with that.

Instructor
#73 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:58 PM
Real competition is desperately needed, but I think we'll log-in on March 15th to a photo of a troll face.
Willing to be proven wrong, and surprised by a genuine announcement though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:29 PM
I'm not going to lie. I kind of jumped the gun when making this thread because I was excited about EA having a competitor. Would the games be the same? probably not, but the possibilities are endless. There may be a small market of people who play simulation games but take into consideration that this community is full of people who wholeheartedly support the sims series by purchasing games, creating, sharing content, etc. So if the day comes that a developer wants to hop in this market and become a competitor for the sims series there is no doubt in my mind that it would take off, but for right now this is nothing more than a dream (for me at least). Now for others that have been going back in forth, I think there has been a huge misunderstanding. The Sims Community here welcomes a lot of people here with open arms, but I don't think it's fair to pick on others who complain *cough* *cough* critique the game about its potential and success. At the same time, I don't think it's fair to critique *cough* *cough* complain about how other voice their opinions of the game. All arguments aside. Everyone should be able to share their opinion on this matter, there is no reason to feel like you have to defend yourself or attack others on here.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 9:32 PM
Even if this were real, I doubt I would bother playing it. Even though the franchise has its flaws, any "competitor" would just feel like a knock-off to me.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: the caek is a lie...
Page 3 of 4