Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:12 PM
Are these houses upload-worthy?
Hey guys! I have made quite a lot of houses, though not all of the houses I make gets uploaded. I just went though my houses folder, and found 12 houses(!) that can easily be uploaded. The reason none of these has been uploaded varies, but mainly I haven't been able to justify uploading - they simply don't look good enough, or they look too much like previous uploads.

This is where I need your help! Underneath I have posted pictures of each house + some information about them. If you have any suggestions for changes, or if you want me to upload any of these, please let me know!
This isn't some "which house will he upload next?"-contest - I genuinely need help with these.

You will find full-sized images at the bottom!

1) 1970's California Cookie Cutter

Based of Santa Clarita/Valencia housing developments from the 1970s. I really like the roof line and the exterior design.
Reason for not uploading: The interior design turned out awfully, backside looks bland.

2) Large Suburban Home

Large home with 6 bedrooms. Lots of space, simple to decorate.
Reason for not uploading: Generic, nothing special about the design.

3) 2000s California Tract House

Medium sized tract home with 4 bedrooms.
Reason for not uploading: Just a bit... boring, no?

4) Remodeled Suburban

This house has the shape of a very average 1980s or 1990s suburban house, though it's modernized in every way. I think it looks quite good, but not enough to upload.

5)Colorado House

This was one of my "masterpieces" a few years ago. I am very happy with this house, but it does feel a bit dated to me.

6) 2nd Colorado House

Same as above, really.

7)California House

Another one? Oh yes. If I had a nickle for every CA house I ever made.. I would have many nickles.
The house looks nice, but I would have to redo the interior. Also, it does look similar to some earlier uploads.

8)McMansion

I just feel this one looks too much like this.

9)Poltergeist House

This is the house from the 1982 movie Poltergeist. A while back I was obsessed with this house, I spent hours perfecting it. It is fully furnished, but it's definitely not perfect! Also, there is no landscaping, and I would have to create a double-garage instead of the weird design I've got going on at the moment.

10) 90's Norwegian House

I love the clipped gable design that many norwegian houses has, and I wanted to recreate it in TS3. This has made the roof a bit choppy in places.
Reason for not uploading: This would be my first CC upload

11) The Gaudy SC House

The sheer gaudyness of this creation is what's kept me from uploading. I know some people like designs like this, but I would simplify it a lot if I ever was to upload it.
Reason for not uploading: Requires much work because of the size.

12)Multi-Style Ranch House

This house has a mix of many styles, though I am especially pleased with the arched roof over the entrance.
Reason for not uploading: Too expensive to be a starter house, boring interior.

Feedback and suggestions are hugely appretiated!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:26 PM
I really like the 3 first houses and the last 2 houses, you should upload them for sure, but maybe you could post other views of them?
I like the others less but they're good, thought.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 3:55 AM
Good God! They're all AWESOME! I'd love that you upload them all.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:59 PM
I like how they all look from the outside, a fantastic job.

I'd like to see the inside of them though.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:39 AM
I'd definitely be interested in downloading most if not all of these. Though I would like to see some floorplan shots. I think 5, 6, and 12 are my favourites, and I also really like 1, 2, 4, and 7.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun