Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:26 AM Last edited by zelda101 : 7th Jul 2012 at 1:48 AM.
Default Titanic on Sims 3!
Hey there everyone, so I started a thread in the building forum on the site, but it started to strive away from building a bit and became locked. I was told to post it onto here, and this is my progress on the ship so far.

I'm not looking to advertise my work, just open for feedback, and if anyone wants to help this project with creating cc thats always great too!

As you may know, I've been working on the RMS Titanic ship. And I've done alot of remodeling and now it's alot closer to the real thing. Some of the rooms are as accurate as can be. And this is how far I've gotten. The ship is so far 4 (64x64) lots. It might be pushing 5 though :/ I havent remodeled the front of the ship yet.
The outside of the ship,

1st Class Entrance, thanks to BloomsBase for the dome!

Reading and Writing Room

1st Class Lounge

1st Class Smoking Room

And just a reminder that everything is still "a work in progress".
More updates soon!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:43 AM
Wow this is amazing!!! It just needs the funnels! Is there anyway you could make them look connected? If not its not a big deal, it would still look wonderful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:46 AM
Yeah they will look connected, I just didn't add the wall columns that BloomsBase created to the lots yet!
Interstellar Traveler
#4 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:18 AM
Seriously, you're doing a fantastic job on this! What about the smoke stacks though? Or are you currently working on them?

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 9:43 AM
It's beyond amazing.
Trust me, I tried to re-create the Titanic a few years ago, on a 64x64 lot first horizontally and then diagonally in order to gain a little more length And it has been such a pain, it took me so much time.
Again, great job, I'm waiting to see the funnels and maybe a sneak peek of the 3rd class apartments and the ship's engines? :D

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:56 PM
I really love it so far! The colours you've chosen are beautiful. I added a link to this thread from your old thread, zelda101.

Can we see some plan view shots to give an idea of the layout?
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 6:14 PM
Amazing work, I have some good walls for Titanic and I'm wiling to share them but they are in Sims 2 format. If any won can manage to put them in Sims 3 I'll be happy!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:14 PM
Amazing Work! I would love to see it connected an surrounded by H20

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 3:05 AM Last edited by zelda101 : 12th Jul 2012 at 4:11 AM. Reason: Added Images
Default Cabins!
I will definitely post plan shots of the ship, but right now I'm working on the 1st class cabins, then I'm going to work on the 1st class dining room. The only problem with this is that it's going to be on the C-level (2nd floor) because I can't have a level lower than that.
This is the progress so far.

B-51 (Parlour Suite)

B-56

B-57

B-58

B-59

B-60

The Funnel-less exterior
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 8:19 AM
you could clone the closing walls i made and make em one tile in height.
Looks amazing!
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:37 PM
Stunning! Isn't the first picture the place where (in the movie) Mr. Andrews fixes the clock's hands while the ships is inclined and all the china falls on the ground but he remains still impassibly and sadly? It kinda looks like it!

Ok, maybe it's just me being too excited to see how this massive project turns out.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 12th Jul 2012 at 5:03 PM.
No, that's the smoking room, that was the last image from my first post, which has to be re-done.

The first picture you're talking about is the sitting room just like Rose's suite, but on the other side of the ship.

Can anyone tell me how to have all the lots leveled with each other?? Some lots are a bit off apart from each other.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:37 AM
Can someone help me?? I was working on the lot and it just crashed, I think it happened because while furnishing, the furnished lot exceeded $1,000,000.
Does the game have a limit??
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
Can someone help me?? I was working on the lot and it just crashed, I think it happened because while furnishing, the furnished lot exceeded $1,000,000.
Does the game have a limit??

no it doesn't
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 3:31 AM
No it doesn't but a lot exceeding 1 mil? Wow!

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:32 PM
Yes! The dinning room costs soo much, It's over 1.2 mill now, and I'm not even done half of it!
Pictures soon!
dodgy builder
#17 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:13 PM
The game has no limits, but your graphics card and computer does
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 7:38 PM
Hey everyone, I finally created a family!! A first in months, and it's much better to use them to take better pictures than build and buy mode. Heres the updates, any feedback?

Changed the colour and new desk.

Heres the dinning room,

Forum Resident
#19 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:08 PM
It looks STUNNING! What are you going to do for the funnels?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 6:10 AM
As for the funnels, I can't really do much of anything for that.
I'm not a creator, but maybe if someone wants to co-create one, I'm down.
I only know how to texture thats about it unfortunately.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:20 PM
I like it, nice job!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:12 PM
That's great! Good work so far!
Interstellar Traveler
#23 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 2:54 AM
My God! This is absolutely beautiful! You've done an outstanding job so far!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 12:09 AM
my god this is AMAZING! are they custom default replacements for the plates?? such attention to detail... perfect
#25 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 8:06 PM
all I can say is wow! it's beyond stunning!
Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Project inactive for over a year
Page 1 of 9