Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:15 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 27th Dec 2013 at 11:55 PM.
The Medieval City of Praaven 2.0 [Test Version November 26th]- Done, I Guess

Welcome to the city of Praaven! This is a build-test world- I need you to help me find errors in the world, big and small, in order that I may remove them! I'll also need your help in contributing and furnishing buildings for the world! Mark down errors, problems and areas of improvement, and post them up in the thread.

Setting
Quote:
Commandering the point where the Yara spills into Lake Tyngus and joins the Vayruga River, the city of Praaven bustles as the provincial capital of the Thallian Marches and a vital trading port at the edge of the kingdom. These are years of peace, as the land has finally recovered and the people have buried their dead. Yet the city still bristles with ethnic tensions, a unruly nobility, the specter of plague, and unsettled territorial disputes with a neighbouring kingdom which threaten to plunge the land back into war. Whatever transpires in this city throughout these few generations will surely be remembered in history books to come.

The world is set during the mid-14th century in a small portion of the margraviate of Thallia, an ambigous place inspired by Central Europe and other elements of medieval Europe. Other setting notes and lore are included in a document in the world download.

Notes
  • Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night and Pets
  • Generations likely has no objects used, but I have it installed at the time of the world creation.

To Do List

Download and Instructions
Get it here: http://www.4shared.com/rar/_A85sI8M/Praaven.html?
New link: https://www.mediafire.com/?cgdlrf7i8bahf8y
  1. Download world
  2. Unzip with WinRAR and Install
  3. Place the CC package into the Packages folder, Userpresets in Main Folder (backup your own)
  4. Please build if you can and check for issues!
* Jynx's rabbitholes are missing in this CC Package.

CC List
Though most custom content is included in a package, the list of CC can be found below:

Images
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:15 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:27 AM.
Default Lot Selection
Local Details to be updated later.

Quote:
Building for this World
The best way to build is to find/create a source which can be copied from (hence the reason for things like concept art). As such, a References file has been included if you want some easy-source inspiration. If you want to build for this word, make sure you have the necessary CC, and post a request in the thread for a sector or lot. Allocation is based on a first-come-first serve basis! After finishing your lot(s), upload it so that I can put it into the world! Allocation is based on blocks- you'll be building and decorating an entire district. You may also choose a single lot, though this will help far less. Builders shall be immortalized in this world for all to see!

To Keep Track of Things...

- Tovar and Mahlsberg manors and inns- currently up for grabs
- Praaven inns- currently up for grabs
- Lughaven needs interior decoration- currently up for grabs
- Ruined Keep needs interior decoration- currently up for grabs
- Foothill house- Were worked on by silverwyd, who is still missing
- Praaven Castle- Main Keep needs to be decorated; an updated keep will be included in the next update- currently up for grabs
- St. Jacob of the Mask needs a crypt- handled by lowrisim
- St. Simian's is mostly complete- handled by me
- Sacre Bleu Hosptial needs to be finished- currently up for grabs
- Bishop's Palace needs to be finished- handled by lowrisim
- The Bathhouse needs an interior - currently up for grabs
- Most City Houses need interiors!- currently up for grabs, rian90 is working on some of them
- [U]Varangian Quarter Houses- handled by me
- The Wall Towers need to be fixed- handled by me

Finished Lots:

- The Fowl Royale II is complete- handled by me
- Dock Structure are complete- handled by me
- City Hall is complete- handled by me
- Monastery is almost done, except for Abbot's Manor- handled by lowrisim
- Tovar and Mahlsberg houses and chapels- handled by me

Generally...
http://nationalpostlife.files.wordp...ation-large.jpg
  • Chimney in the middle (for the best spread of heat)
  • Stairs are located beside chimney
  • Storage, kitchen (if there's no room) in basement
  • Store/foyer, kitchen + hall (if there's room) on 1st floor
  • Hall, Parlour + Offices, bedrooms on 2nd
  • Bedrooms on 3rd
  • A few already-built examples are in the world!
  • Ideal costs: Upper-class districts- Over $100,000; Middle-class- $30,000- $70,000; Lower-class- Under $20,000- $30,000
  • In light of the monastery issues, remember to check if the mailbox and garbage cans work!
  • Paint the ceilings, inside and outside!
  • Remember to set the front of the lot to a major road (shift-click or shift+control-click on ground)
  • Also remember to set a front door!
  • Make sure you are on pathc 1.36, since lots from 1.42 can't be placed in the world. 1.42 also borks CAW, so I can't update for the time being!

Please correspond with this thread to see which lots have been taken!

http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t937-the...-s-get-building
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:16 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:26 AM.
Default Resources & Lore-sh Things
I've put the lore up for people who haven't downloaded the world. The world is not explicitly located in one area, instead drawing from multiple Continental European sources of inspiration in order to create a slightly more fantastical world much like the France, China and Egypt in the Sims. The world also draws lightly from the Sims Medieval universe, mainly in the form of the religions (though clothing and hair is another more explicit choice!).

Setting
The world is set during the mid-14th century in a small portion of the duchy of Thallia, namely near the city of Praaven. This is a general set of journal-esque notes that help define the immediate world. More lore is to come once the city is finished and character creation begins! With the proper changes to lots, this world can easily be played from the 1100s up around to the early 19th century!

Lore will be updated in the future.

Height Map
http://www.4shared.com/photo/fullsi...x_emptied4.html
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:21 AM
Wow! This is just brilliant, I can't wait to test it out soon As soon as im done building my houses :P

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:51 AM
Be still my beating heart.

ERMEHGERD. <3

I'd love to have a go at building a couple lots, but I probably won't be able to dedicate enough time toward it for atleast another fortnight. Damn uni, getting in the way of everything worth doing as always.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 6:04 AM
I was so waiting for this Good to have you back, testing after getting home from work ^^

Still struggling with CAW :x
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 2:03 PM Last edited by MichelleBrujah : 1st Oct 2012 at 4:50 PM.
OH MY GOD!

I've been lurking your other thread for months and I am so so pleased with this world. I'll try to squeeze some time to build some lots for you, and I'll try to use no CC or keep it at minimum. I'll download it later and see what I can do...

I have some suggestions:

Are you going to make a forest? I mean, a forest with clears (I don't know if that's the word in english) and /or ruins we can explore. Maybe in the other edge there can be another village, or at least space to place some lots and make an 'elven' village for the ones that are excited to play a medieval fantasy neighbourhood Of course this is just a suggestion. I like what I see so very much. I just thought that a closed foresty area would add a lot of mystery to your world.

Are you going to use lots that you built for the previous versions? Some of them were awesome... Maybe you could set one of the inns as a Base Camp. I for sure would use it for my mercs Maybe some camps here and there in the countryside (or the forest if you ever make it) would be nice too, for traveling purposes, places to stop.

I am downloading right now, and I'm going to check in game so I can give more detailed feedback, suggestions, and of course I'm going to build some lots Don't think I'm pompous, I am an archeologist and I love History, so my lots will be the most accurate I can get. I am also a role playing lover, so I'll try to balance both passions

Feel free to slap me whenever you want

Edit: Okay I've installed the world and checked some of the lots, no problems so far. I have some questions:

- Do you want them lots with CC or not CC at all? I have a whole folder of medieval CC so I know where I got it from, for the credits part.
- Which EP's can we use? Just the ones you listed? Because the inns could be turned into dive bars or something. I'd love to decorate some of the inns.
- Maybe there could be a park inside the city walls, for the rich folks to enjoy?
- Would you want people to design lots for later EP's than the ones you listed, so you could add them as a bonus for those who would like to have all kind of EP lots?

I am sure I'll think about more things to ask, but I'll get back to you later
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:20 PM
*speechless*

Your farmland is my inspiration for my farmland.

What distant terrain do you use?

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:34 PM
Three letters: O.M.G.

Thank you thank you!

I have some lots from an older Medieval world I played a year or so ago (Castle Keep). One of them is a very elaborate gate house style walled keep. I am considering uploading it to mediafire. I also have an Inn / marketplace.

I will be downloading your absolutely stunning world and giving it a go immediately!

Twist of Fate - My Random Legacy Challenge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 3:56 AM
Special note: What would be the best version of the game to update to in order to install SuperCAW?

Quote: Originally posted by MichelleBrujah
OH MY GOD!

I've been lurking your other thread for months and I am so so pleased with this world. I'll try to squeeze some time to build some lots for you, and I'll try to use no CC or keep it at minimum. I'll download it later and see what I can do...

I have some suggestions:

Are you going to make a forest? I mean, a forest with clears (I don't know if that's the word in english) and /or ruins we can explore. Maybe in the other edge there can be another village, or at least space to place some lots and make an 'elven' village for the ones that are excited to play a medieval fantasy neighbourhood Of course this is just a suggestion. I like what I see so very much. I just thought that a closed foresty area would add a lot of mystery to your world.

Are you going to use lots that you built for the previous versions? Some of them were awesome... Maybe you could set one of the inns as a Base Camp. I for sure would use it for my mercs Maybe some camps here and there in the countryside (or the forest if you ever make it) would be nice too, for traveling purposes, places to stop.

I am downloading right now, and I'm going to check in game so I can give more detailed feedback, suggestions, and of course I'm going to build some lots Don't think I'm pompous, I am an archeologist and I love History, so my lots will be the most accurate I can get. I am also a role playing lover, so I'll try to balance both passions

Feel free to slap me whenever you want

No need to slap you- you're asking lots of great questions!

There's no real forest, as good forests are difficult to do (they require lots of plants and the right type of tree (which does not exist, most of the trees in CAW are low-branched trees better suited for a field environment). The suitable type of tree would have a tall, branch-less trunk and an arching canopy high up. The closest type I have now is the Chinese Cypress or the Banyan, but they're not suitable for this type of climate!

I suppose I could do an aspen grove, but even those don't feel wild enough! There are several areas that do feel foresty, and I might add to those. One of the current problems is the fact that there's not really any area that feels wild and untamed, so do feel free to suggest some radical ideas!

Very few lots are being used from the previous version- the reason being that most of them are really small. One of the new things about the city is that the average lot size is much larger, so you'll be able to create less cramped spaces and fit larger objects like stables. I will probably include some micro lots that can be used to pitch tents and the like.

I definitely want your help in making sure the world stays to a degree authentic (and fantastic at the same time), as my amateur knowledge of the medieval world is fairly limited!

Edit: Okay I've installed the world and checked some of the lots, no problems so far. I have some questions:

- Do you want them lots with CC or not CC at all? I have a whole folder of medieval CC so I know where I got it from, for the credits part.
- Which EP's can we use? Just the ones you listed? Because the inns could be turned into dive bars or something. I'd love to decorate some of the inns.
- Maybe there could be a park inside the city walls, for the rich folks to enjoy?
- Would you want people to design lots for later EP's than the ones you listed, so you could add them as a bonus for those who would like to have all kind of EP lots?

I am sure I'll think about more things to ask, but I'll get back to you later

Try to keep CC to a minimum, and attempt to use CC from MTS 3- other sites I find are less predictable in keeping CC available in the future, and are less regulated in terms of the quality of the CC.

All expansion packs I listed can be used.

As for parks, most of the rich owned their own gardens, but that's what the empty lots are for- experimenting with different types of lots! There's also pocket of greenery below the rich area that I may turn into a park if needed.

Future-proofing lots- the only expansion packs I see relevant are Seasons and Supernatural- it may be a better idea to leave open spaces for the furniture and objects that might be used in the future (e.g. an empty room for a alchemy table)

Quote: Originally posted by GiLaNg
What distant terrain do you use?

The terrain is a mash-up of several Sunset Valley distant terrains put together- it's due to the fact that the world was begun right when CAW was released, so I didn't have any other than that one and the ones from the Vacation worlds. I don't suggest you do it- it's hard to put distant terrains together, and it shows through in several areas.
Theorist
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 1:10 PM Last edited by tizerist : 2nd Oct 2012 at 8:27 PM.
Hey, just got back from testing the new version!

- The city being placed out in the water is a step backwards from the 'surrounded by other hamlets' effect. Why? You had that licked clean previously!
- The map in general looks smaller and less ambitious than before. Much of the beauty has been stripped down. Land appears to have made way for more water.
- The layout of the town centre is not as pretty as it used to be. If it ain't broke...
- Where's all the variety it used to have? Before there was more variety in terms of woodland, swamp, small villages, ruins etc.
- The use of oil lamps and a more modern feel. Definately has lost some of that rustic charm that it used to have. Torches were fine, they gave it personality.
- Feels like the emphasis is mainly just the city now, plus a couple of extra bits, compared to the spaced-out, rolling landscape of before.
+ General detail appears to have improved.

Still quite a nice hood, but not a patch on the awesome previous version.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 1:39 PM
I love the environment, the views are fantastic. But I must agree with tizerist- first city was much better than that - had own medieval climat, and generally was perfect. I don't know why you completely changed the structure of the city
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 3:13 PM
I haven't gotten in game yet again, but after looking at your screenshots I have a few suggestions, if you don't mind. Of course they are just suggestions

I've pointed two places that maybe could have some work. With the red circle I wanted to show a place where there could be some kind of 'swamp' that could be a way of crossing the river to the place I marked with the green lines. That looks like a forest to me Maybe in the end of that little valley you could place some ruins. A dungeon, an old abandoned mine, a forgotten keep, 'elven' ruins? With a lot big enough there could be even a decayed city or town, in ruins. Along the trail to there, there could be a little campsite as I suggested before.

The place I marked with the yellow lines, (sorry for the small pic, I used your own) could have some more places to visit I think. Maybe another little village, or just a watch tower where the paths cross. More trees? I don't know. The pink lines mark a place where I think happens the same as the green lines before. Is a 'cul de sac', a place where in the end of the little valley you could place something as well, and a trail leading to there.

More or less the same, a trail leading to places that can be explored.

I'll be pleased to furnish some of the houses provided (I'll try to build as well, but I'm better decorating) =) I think I can manage to do something without CC, but maybe the kitchen and bathroom I'll use MerryeMakers stuff.

Another thing, there are plenty of Sims Medieval conversions for Sims 3. I have them merged in smaller packages if you're interested. Lunasims also has some good free stuff of great quality (it's a spanish site but I can help you with that if you're interested)

About the thing about changing the map that some people is refering to... Well, I liked the old map a lot too. But this one has great potential, although there is less land to wander. But I wanted to say that it's not uncommon having medieval cities in small peninsulae, so, very accurate for that part. I specially love how you did the city walls.

Some other suggestions/questions:

- You may want to establish where Pets would spawn, I'm talking mostly about deers and such. I think there is a way to not make them spawn and wander into the city. You'll have to think about unicorns as well.
- You may want to add a 'colored' tree here and there, just to add a touch of color
- Are you going to use fog emitters?
- I don't know how necessary cat jungles and dog parks are, but maybe it'd be good to pay a thought about it

And as I said before, I'll get back to you once I think about more things. I'll try to furnish something today and show you pics if you don't mind. Maybe I'll start with one of the inns, I love inns.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:25 PM
Another thing, there are plenty of Sims Medieval conversions for Sims 3. I have them merged in smaller packages if you're interested. Lunasims also has some good free stuff of great quality (it's a spanish site but I can help you with that if you're interested)

If this isn't an eye-catcher :3

Clicked your user-name to get very dissapointed, no uploaded stuff on mts, no link to your own homepage - nada. Considered writing you a pm, but on a second thought I'm prolly NOT the only one who's all ears now, so speak freely if you please :D

(My interest is for the Sims medieval conversions only, since I had been downloading tons of luna only to explore that 95% of what I had been downloading looks good on screenshot but doesn't suit me in-game.)

@jj: Would love to test your world, but in some statement I fear I read that Supernatural is a must-have. Don't have it, so is there any point in downloading / any hope that it _might_ work over here, too? [Base game, World adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets available here] (Asking instead of "try-and-error"-ing it out, cos 120MB easily eats my internet connection and I don't want to make my husband angry for nothing xD)

Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:36 PM
I can point you to the links where I downloaded it from, or I can upload my merged files for you, that's up to you.

Also, Supernatural is not needed for this world. The EP's needed are listed just below the first screenshot on the first post. I don't have Supernatural and it loaded beautifully
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 6:04 PM
Thank you for the quick response

Going to download it tomorrow tho, where I've taken a day off from work to fully explore this thing without interruptions. I don't mind neither links to the origin, nor your package. In any case a small note "who" and "where" would be helpful (for everyone) tho, in case future uploads contain stuff from them (you know the must-give-credit-rule)

Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 9:51 PM
Sorry for posting so soon, but I've been working a bit on furnishing King's Inn (I told you I love inns). Of course without CC is tricky, but I wanted it to be functional. I have yet to test it in game, but I'll do.

Pics of what I furnished are hidden by the spoiler so the thread would load faster

Now, as I was asked, links to the Sims medieval conversiones.

Sims Medieval clothing (merged package files)
http://www.4shared.com/rar/t4ChX1Zr...M-CAS-9711.html
http://www.4shared.com/archive/h3eS...orTS3_CAS2.html

Sims Medieval objects (packages, separate folders, includes pictures, rigfixed for the Pets patch)
http://www.4shared.com/folder/96kzV...xedForPets.html

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:20 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:30 AM.
Special note: What would be the best version of the game to update to in order to install SuperCAW?

I've also uploaded a folder containing some of the references I've used in creating the world.

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Hey, just got back from testing the new version!

- The city being placed out in the water is a step backwards from the 'surrounded by other hamlets' effect. Why? You had that licked clean previously!
- The map in general looks smaller and less ambitious than before. Much of the beauty has been stripped down. Land appears to have made way for more water.
- The layout of the town centre is not as pretty as it used to be. If it ain't broke...
- Where's all the variety it used to have? Before there was more variety in terms of woodland, swamp, small villages, ruins etc.
- The use of oil lamps and a more modern feel. Definately has lost some of that rustic charm that it used to have. Torches were fine, they gave it personality.
- Feels like the emphasis is mainly just the city now, plus a couple of extra bits, compared to the spaced-out, rolling landscape of before.
+ General detail appears to have improved.

Still quite a nice hood, but not a patch on the awesome previous version.

You definitely bring up some good points, I believe that time has clouded up your judgement of other points!

- The city was specifically moved to the edge of the map in order to create a greater continuous zone for the farms and other areas. Whereas the city was literally the center of the map before (you couldn't turn around without it looming over you), now at the edges of the world, it's far enough to seem a bit distant- and it'll look even farther away when I manage to tweak the .ini files. This also answers the last point.

- The world definitely does feel smaller- in part due to the fact that objects have now filled up the space and removed the illusion of distance, and also due to the way the world is laid out (especially due to the hills which constrain the area, and the river and stream, which cuts the farmland into pieces). Another issue is that the scale of everything is drastically reduced, which is most evident in the mountains. It's almost as if they're too timid- they need to be much larger in size! World like GlennDonnach and Plav Raj work better because their features are much larger in scale. I'll definitely want some help from you with that! I'll upload the rough heightmap of the world so you can make some changes- I'll then have to regenerate the terrain and incorporate it into the terrain here. Note: try to keep the city and most of the existing farmland intact, as I've already spent too much time on those.

What the mountains should really be scaled like:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZVsosXmXf...reenshot-18.jpg
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/423977.page
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CbVrDE8zC...reenshot-2.jpgl

Example of the Illusion of Scale:

Overall, it's a balance between detail and size- do you want vaster landscapes with less detail, or smaller, more detailed ones? That's essentially the issue. I would love to create massive farms all the way to the edges of the map, but how many more objects do I want? The world is already 120MB without sims or furniture- how much larger do we want it to be?

Of course, the best way to stretch your size allowance and retain realism is to create small, highly detailed zones surrounded by large, less detailed areas (water or empty land). Rocky and Desert worlds easily do this, of course, as do islands. In a temperate zone, it's much harder to do without the scenery looking suburban and flat since there's so much intrinsic detail. And it's really the worst at the areas where farmlands transition into forests and border roads!

- The lot size of the world has dramatically increased, at the cost of the number of lots since the city walls have not been increased in size. Before, the average lot size was 10x15- not nearly enough to create appealing interiors and prevent things from feeling cramped. And now there's actually some variances in height (high, middle, low), which can help create a more dynamic cityscape.

The old city:

- There's still hamlets and swamps in the world! And The wilderness is still unfinished- it's up to you to help me finish it!

- If you're referring to the lanterns from Pets, then it's intention- the wealthy get lanterns, the poor get torches. If you're referring to the streetlamps, then they're just a test- if changes to the .ini file don't make them cast a more realistic light, they'll be removed.

I've pointed two places that maybe could have some work. With the red circle I wanted to show a place where there could be some kind of 'swamp' that could be a way of crossing the river to the place I marked with the green lines. That looks like a forest to me Maybe in the end of that little valley you could place some ruins. A dungeon, an old abandoned mine, a forgotten keep, 'elven' ruins? With a lot big enough there could be even a decayed city or town, in ruins. Along the trail to there, there could be a little campsite as I suggested before.

That area will probably remain unused, as it's really more of backdrop instead of an accessible piece of land.
The place I marked with the yellow lines, (sorry for the small pic, I used your own) could have some more places to visit I think. Maybe another little village, or just a watch tower where the paths cross. More trees? I don't know. The pink lines mark a place where I think happens the same as the green lines before. Is a 'cul de sac', a place where in the end of the little valley you could place something as well, and a trail leading to there.

There's some lots to be placed there, including a ruined keep.
More or less the same, a trail leading to places that can be explored.

That area will also probably remain unused, as it's really more of backdrop instead of an accessible piece of land.

I really want to keep the CC down to a minimum, but the things from Lunasimslulamai look greatly improved from the time I last went there. It's quite tempting![/QUOTE]
About the thing about changing the map that some people is refering to... Well, I liked the old map a lot too. But this one has great potential, although there is less land to wander. But I wanted to say that it's not uncommon having medieval cities in small peninsulae, so, very accurate for that part. I specially love how you did the city walls.
This is an issue that people will need to help me with. The city being on a island kind of references Lindau and some fictional cities (e.g. Vizima), but the issue with the world feeling smaller needs to be addressed.
[QUOTE=MichelleBrujah]Some other suggestions/questions:

- You may want to establish where Pets would spawn, I'm talking mostly about deers and such. I think there is a way to not make them spawn and wander into the city. You'll have to think about unicorns as well.
- You may want to add a 'colored' tree here and there, just to add a touch of color
- Are you going to use fog emitters?
- I don't know how necessary cat jungles and dog parks are, but maybe it'd be good to pay a thought about it.

- Is there a way that's done? I thought pets spawned wherever they liked around the world.

- That's what Seasons is for!

- Once I get SuperCAW installed, there will be some more effects.

- Dogs and cats will play like they used to in medieval times, by wandering the streets and playing with their owners!

Sorry for posting so soon, but I've been working a bit on furnishing King's Inn (I told you I love inns). Of course without CC is tricky, but I wanted it to be functional. I have yet to test it in game, but I'll do.

Small request- can you grab the washroom set from here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=463851, and make a small washroom on the ground floor (maybe an outhouse?) Having a stair down into the basement for only the toilet looks a little strange! Nice work though!
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:04 PM
Shall do then, I managed to furnish what I have without CC, if you allow me to use the medieval stuff from MTS then I can work on it better and actually furnish the kitchen to be believable... I can make the washroom outside where the stalls are and delete the basement, or keep the basement as a cellar, changing it to be underneath the kitchen.

Maybe I won't be able to do it until next week, as I have to make a little trip this weekend, but I'll definitely get back and work on this. Would you mind if I use the registers from MTS instead of the food register cashier? Is there anything else you'd want me to change in the inn? Everything is in packages so nothing would sneak into the lot.

Also, would you mind if I have fun with one of the markets? I'd love to use CC, I can show you to give you ideas, then I can try to strip it off. I also want you to consider using the spiralstairs - it is known that they can cause issues, but I have yet to test them. I'm planning to place a sim somewhere and then try using the community buildings to check their functionality.

About the pets part, I am not sure how is that done, I know that Arisuka said in the world she's making something about the matter. Maybe you could ask at the CAW forum?

I've been thinking about making a Showtime lot that could be an addition. I mean, the lot would be used or not in your world, but as a bonus people with Showtime can download it and install it by their own, that way the world won't have Showtime features. I was thinking about that unused big space in town. I've been thinking that's a nice place for an outside market with a stage in the middle for theatre, minstrels, magic tricks, etc...
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 5:47 PM
In this picture: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f...eenshot-252.jpg
The bridge - is that custom content, or from one of the addons? Couldn't find it in my CaW and am wondering...

Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 6:47 PM

In the red box is that a village that we can reach/live in ?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:02 PM
I love this! I love the mountains just as they area, love the city on the island, and love the small scattered villages. I think it is wonderful and can't wait to see the finished product. I am going to download the test version right now and see how it looks in-game. Thanks for all your hard work! You saved me..I am suffering from a nasty bout of tendinitis in my wrist and have been unable to finish my medieval world. Yours will be wonderful and be just right and so good for my wrist!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:26 AM
Shall do then, I managed to furnish what I have without CC, if you allow me to use the medieval stuff from MTS then I can work on it better and actually furnish the kitchen to be believable... I can make the washroom outside where the stalls are and delete the basement, or keep the basement as a cellar, changing it to be underneath the kitchen.

Maybe I won't be able to do it until next week, as I have to make a little trip this weekend, but I'll definitely get back and work on this. Would you mind if I use the registers from MTS instead of the food register cashier? Is there anything else you'd want me to change in the inn? Everything is in packages so nothing would sneak into the lot.

Also, would you mind if I have fun with one of the markets? I'd love to use CC, I can show you to give you ideas, then I can try to strip it off. I also want you to consider using the spiralstairs - it is known that they can cause issues, but I have yet to test them. I'm planning to place a sim somewhere and then try using the community buildings to check their functionality.

About the pets part, I am not sure how is that done, I know that Arisuka said in the world she's making something about the matter. Maybe you could ask at the CAW forum?

I've been thinking about making a Showtime lot that could be an addition. I mean, the lot would be used or not in your world, but as a bonus people with Showtime can download it and install it by their own, that way the world won't have Showtime features. I was thinking about that unused big space in town. I've been thinking that's a nice place for an outside market with a stage in the middle for theatre, minstrels, magic tricks, etc...

Sounds great- keep on going! As I stated before, anything by the Merrie Makers on MTS 3 is fine with me.

As for the Showtime lot, I think the functionality would be located on the two tournament grounds (which can also hold the stadium and horse buildings). Other stages would probably be located in the theatre.

Quote: Originally posted by kathascha2
The bridge - is that custom content, or from one of the addons? Couldn't find it in my CaW and am wondering...

The bridge is two lots, each under the Hidden Tomb category.

Quote: Originally posted by heat33330

In the red box is that a village that we can reach/live in ?

I think that's an older picture- the village is a stray lot that has been deleted, I think.

Thanks everyone for their opinions, it helps in the creation of the world!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 7:42 PM
I downloaded and played your world for an hour or so. I plopped down some starter houses on blank lots I had in my bin rather than renovate your empty ones so I could get a few families to immigrate in and see how things go. I also had to add a town hall (for NRaas mod use) wasn't sure what building you intended that for just yet in this phase of your development. I used the rabbit hole rugs too so it was easy to just place it in an empty building near the Keep.

I put a single sim in a house and gave him a horse to ride everywhere. There were no stuck or refusal to ride anywhere errors so far on most of the trails you've got down and that's GOOD news! I did notice sims walking up through the walls of the bridge to get onto the road from one of the riverside parks - not a huge deal, but they did that rather than use the provided path.

I love the way the walled in city area looks so far. I'm planning to spend this weekend finishing out one of your residential lot shells this weekend just for fun. If I create a mediafire account I'll upload it.

Thanks for this project. I look forward to seeing how it evolves from here on out!

Twist of Fate - My Random Legacy Challenge
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 6:58 AM
So I downloaded and put a few families in a small village then I took one of them exploring. The Painting of the landscape is outstanding I really enjoyed traveling along at sim level seeing the landscape pass by. I didn't use a horse (wild ones did spawn) but I'm concerned that most of the lots don't have a lot of free space which could cause routing errors for the horses.
My explorer spent a few nights at the Blueflower Inn. Something is blocking the stairs and I rebuilt them several times to no avail I ended up using the circular stairs. Other problems I came across were a blocked door(pic below) at the hospital (which I loved), Problems with accessing a consignment store register(pic below) and a mysterious floating rock high in the mountains(see pic).
I liked your idea for the lighthouse and there is a square in town i think would be perfect for seasons festivals. Everything was lovely and I look forward to seeing it develop. I will try to play some more and let you know if i spot anything else.
Page 1 of 23