Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 11:55 PM
Jessica Lange
I am creating my favourite actress, Jessica Lange, from projects such as Blue Sky, Tootsie and more recently American Horror Story. I have the basics down, but I have gotten to the point where I don't know how or what to do with her face. Lots of work still to do, but I could appreciate any help, also I need some help finding some decent wrinkles (as I decided to make her an adult as I found the elders posture wasn't right for Lange, I tried aging her up too but couldn't get the same look) but I'll work on that, thanks if you can help!

She appears to be squinting lightly in the second image, sorry. I will have to find some better pics.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:37 AM
Looking good so far! I would narrow the flare of her nostrils a bit, and the upper lip should be a little thinner. Her jawline is also a little more squared than what you have right now. If possible, could you add a profile view for further comparison?
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 2:16 PM
Her upper lip is too thick (up-and-down) and her bottom lip is a bit too wide (side to side). I'd also reduce the lower lip "shape" (to un-roll her bottom lip. best seen from the side). Jessica has thin, cruel lips, not quite so "puffy" lip-pillows. Also, work on her hair color. It's too "yellow" and should be more "golden". You could try using a photo editor and color sampling the actress's hair color in various spots.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 2:35 PM
First: I really enjoy seeing an older female sim in this section! she definitely looks awesome
agree that her lips need more shaping or in EA terms maybe its "definition" ??? (thinner upper lip like Devea + k2m1too already said, lesser full lips in general but especially at the sides) also i am uncertain if her face could be wee more squarish - or if it would look weird then. dunno LOL. i wish there were skins out there that have better elderly features for the throat ;-)
i love her face, her nose and eyes - the skin the blush! really an awesome creation. I enjoy looking at her and am curious for updates (e.p. your choice for hair (edited hair colour) and stuff)

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:43 PM
Sorry for taking so long to update, but have had a lot of stuff going on irl. I've made the changes that you all suggested, I'm not sure if by trying to make her jaw more square if I've actually made it too round now (Which sliders should I be using to get that low square jaw that she has?). I changed the brows but I think they'll need changing back or to another pair (any ideas?), oh and I tried to make her hair more "golden" but I fear I failed slightly, so I'll keep working on that.

Here's the profile view you asked for, I haven't worked too much on the profile so I'll need advice there.

Thank you for the help so far.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:57 PM
an update! yeah
like what you did to her lips and agree about your feeling that the first eyebrows were better. do you know MissDaydreams "A Set of Natural Eyebrows" set [eyebrow no. 4]? or were you actually using one of these ?
the main hairs colour is too yellow blonde at the very moment for my taste (or interpretation) but different hairs display colours different depending on the retexture - so i wouldnt bother too much on the color until you found a good hair for her after sculpting the face. by the way - i really enjoy the squarish face shape on her (think its one of the originals main features)
would you like to try a 1/2 split comparison of her in this state? like shown here => Sims - Tutorial: Making Sims in TS3 #4. this should be helpful for you when sculpting e.p. her profile
cant wait to see her with some make up and a glamourous dress. awesome sim

edit: jaw slider - i think you would need awts jaw sliders jawline height + or jawline rotate that are still available here #aWT - Sliders Complete List (Eyelids, Mouth, Nose, Brow, Jawline, Forehead, Pupil Shape & Hat Grip)

Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:57 AM
Hi! Really good work so far.

It looks like you need to...

-lower chin size (and adjust its height accordingly). It looks kind of like her chin is flat, so using a chin width slider would be good.
-nostrils a tad smaller
-narrower lips
-bottom lip shape slider increased (and probably less thickness to compensate)
-eye shape slider more so her eyes are squinted a bit more
Forum Resident
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:51 PM
oh my just saw that theres a seperated verion of EAs aging blush out! maybe you want to layer the wrinkles on certain parts for certain effects on J. Lange? Aging Blush Separated by Pretty Lady Babies .

Scholar
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:58 PM
Good work! From the side I'd say move the nasal bridge indent up to just above/pupil level and pull the eyes forward a bit. Perhaps turn the nose tip up a tiny bit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:59 PM
Thank you again for your responses, I tried to make all of the changes that you suggested. I changed the brows to one in that set you suggested however I think I'll just change back to the originals, no brows that I can find have the right sort of curve that Jessica's do. Thank you for recommending the blush, I had downloaded it anyway before I saw your post! Simmy, I pulled for eyes forward more than they are now but that contorted the front view of her, so I think I'll just have to settle for the current eye depth.

Thank you so far, I think I'm getting a lot closer...

Oh and I found a hair that might do.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:37 PM
awesome changes - love the hair you found

Scholar
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:21 AM
Almost there! The eyes look fine. I think they may need to be just a little closer together. Can you raise the arch of the eyebrows to the outside of the iris? Or, turn down the outer ends of the eyebrows. You may want to narrow the whole face - especially the jaw - and shorten the chin a bit (up and down / height). Make the whole nose a little narrower but the nose shape is spot on. Good work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Sindarin : 10th Aug 2014 at 12:13 AM.
Thanks again, I think I'm nearly done. I've also noticed the the nose bridge needs widening a smidge due to me narrowing the nose. I'm going to change the brows back to the originals and try and get them the right shape, but any other advice or suggestions are welcome!

EDIT : Due to the fact that nobody has responded with any more suggestions I think I'm going to go ahead and upload her here. Thanks for all your help!
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:12 AM
Did you ever upload this? She looks amazing! I'd love to have her in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 9:52 PM
No, not yet however I will in future. I'm waiting for my new PC to arrive as my last one died, I still have Jessica's files and and will upload her once I have gotten everything ready.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 4:34 AM
Please upload! I love this!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:15 AM
Omg why did you never release this sim?