Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 10:17 PM
Old World Revamp
I have had this world with me for about three years now, it has ran beautifully for a low end computer and I like to keep it very simple for that purpose. This world was originally a beach/Italian looking world in the beginning but as of late I have been revamping it for the last month. Adding new buildings, paint and terrain height. There is no CC, minus extra terrain paint used in CAW and 99% free content from the sims store.
Expansion Packs: Base, Ambitions, Late Night, Super, University, Pets, Seasons, Ambitions and Generations.
As much as I love adding tremendous detail I want to make this a low end world for people without the best of computers while still making it a good playable and diverse world at the same time. I've been wanting to upload a work of mine to the site for at least a couple years now
These pictures (This is on low graphics and 0 photoshop) were taken when I started the new terrain, foliage and started adding back buildings that I liked in my older world that I wanted to keep. It's a medium map. I would like to finish the whole town and have zero pre-mades in it like the one before but some critique on it would be nice and to know that people would actually like to play in it too

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 7:51 PM
I'd rather put the high-rises in the townscentre, and not so close on each other. A street-width distance would be better. Other than that, it appears to be very playable. Can you provide us with an overhead screenshot so we can see the layout?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 5:47 AM
Thank you for your reply I got an aerial shot for everyone to see after I've almost completed the city centre. The scrapers I usually just use for the noise effect they give off and although I was going to add more apartment type ones I chose instead to not do that since my computer doesn't like the apartments for some reason . Every lot on that town is hand done by me and completely finished, I used no one else's made lots or custom buildings.
There is 89 residential lots and 43 community lots. I don't know if I should finish the rest of the community ones or leave the rest open for other players creations and leave also the residential lots since I know everyone has a specific house play style. I know with new worlds I would end up practically demolishing the houses because of that lol

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:45 AM
This would be a great idea to let the community help you! But the problem is the style wouldn't be as you exactly want, I assume.