Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 10:38 AM
Default Ugly problem upon aging up. Help?
Ok, I was playing sims 3 and a couple of birthdays had arrived for some of my sims to grow into adults.

I definately owe a huge thanks to the creators of the slider hacks, for I was able to make very nice looking sims (I think sims are originally ugly in the game before the sliders came along). But they were only able to stay cute for a short time. I will demonstrate a couple of sims I had.

This is Ravina. She's a sexy beauty here as a young adult, and she's about ready to become a mature adult...

as she got older, poor Ravina's good looks came to a sad end, where her mouth droops teeth start to bleed out (in CAS)

This is Verne. You gotta admit, he's a cutie all right. But, he can only keep this hot look for a short time...

Until age got to him. Again, the thing with the mouth "sag" happened. Sorry, Verne.

I'm not quite sure what causes this to happen, I don't want to assume it's the slider hack, but again, I'm just not sure.

Has anyone else had this problem, are sims actually supposed to take a different look upon aging up to full-grown adult?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 10:46 AM
Yeah, I don't think that's a slider hack issue - it's just the way sims look when they go from young adult to adult. If you check the sims in CAS as adults before you finish them, you can prevent most of that - you may have to compensate with changing their faces to make them not look so, uh, melty.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:25 AM
That's EA not understanding anatomy again. The chin would enlarge too as you get older, not just the length of the jawbones. Getting that fact right would have at least kept the faces in proportion.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Banned
#4 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:54 PM
This looks like it's happening because you basically have their mouths on their chin. Dont make sims with chinmouths, and their mouths wont fall down when their chin goes down :p
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:17 PM
I've never seen such a drastic change when going from one age to another, which makes me think it may be the oversliding not working properly with the aging changes EA put in the head meshes. Perhaps as Claeric said it's from moving the mouth lower into the chin than normally allowed.

I'm also disturbed by that first pic with your male sim in the background standing with a door or wall going through his body. What's up with that?
Banned
#6 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:46 PM
Yeah, I know for sure it's the mouth height.

When they age up, the jaw, a part of it, goes down. If the mouth goes down significantly when you lower the jaw in CAS, it'll do the same when aging up.

My Tarzan sim suffers from it, but it's required for his mouth t be in the right place. It's easily remedied by just using editsim or something similar and raising the mouth again, though.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:34 AM
Your sims have a pretty large gap between their mouths and noses when they are young, so that wouldn't help matters either... along with the chin thing.

Lmao I'm glad you mentioned the freaky door-morphing-guy, cmarNYC. It was the first thing I noticed. :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:36 AM
i have nothing to say that helps but anyways, what i first think he/she was talking about was the DoorBoy xD and then i saw the girl and her crazy mouth on the very first pic xD.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've never seen such a drastic change when going from one age to another, which makes me think it may be the oversliding not working properly with the aging changes EA put in the head meshes. Perhaps as Claeric said it's from moving the mouth lower into the chin than normally allowed.

I'm also disturbed by that first pic with your male sim in the background standing with a door or wall going through his body. What's up with that?

I know, that's funny isn't it. That always seems to happen when sims open doors. The door doesn't have a passive collider(something to run into in the 3D sense), so the sims just go thru them. But no worries, he's outta the "woods" now.

Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 6:20 PM
BTW i have to add that the YA woman looks good even with her mouth, and the boy is a hottie too.

i have had this aging up fugly problem since the sims 2, but i was able to fix them cuz i always have curiosity how my sims will look when they aged so i checked them and almost always have to fix something, especially noses. (nightmares)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 5:24 AM
I came across a thread (I don't remember where from) that said you can place a cheat called "edit in CAS" but that didn't work. Does anyone know why that is?

Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 4:14 PM
The cheat is "editsim" and that comes with the Awesomemod. You can also use the SuperComputer which is a non-core mod found here:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

It adds tons of options to any computer, one of which including "Edit in CAS".
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:06 AM Last edited by SparkleSim : 5th Mar 2010 at 5:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ericxcore
The cheat is "editsim" and that comes with the Awesomemod. You can also use the SuperComputer which is a non-core mod found here:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

It adds tons of options to any computer, one of which including "Edit in CAS".

Sweet! Editsim worked!! Now I got my sim to lose weight really fast, too! Thank you so much for the help and the link! I had no idea this "awesomemod" even existed. What in MATY what is the difference between MIRROR 1 and MIRROR 2. Should I only download one of them?

Anyhow, Your help is very much appreciated!! :D

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 12:56 PM
Awesomemod is awesome. The mirrors are just alternate sites to download from; it's the same file from each.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 2:39 PM Last edited by **I_am_ME** : 14th Feb 2011 at 1:19 AM.
hey, i'm having the same problem...i have downloaded some sliders, but not the hack to allow more of them at once. is there any way to fix this without installing any insanely complicated mods/hacks/whatever?

sorry if this is inappropriate and i should have started my own thread ^^;

btw, the sim i'm having this problem with doesn't have his mouth set super low, either.