Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 4:41 PM
Default Mask works in CTU but not CAS
I've created a shirt with a logo using masks. I originally created the male version, which worked fine. I decided to do a female version, but once I tried to test it in game, I found it didn't work.

The problem is the top shows up as one colour in CAS instead of two colours as it does in CTU. I have no idea what's going on. I've attached the file if you want to see what I mean. Any help that you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  af_PWShirt by ThereisnoLion.rar (24.3 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 11:49 PM
Have you tried CASting the shirt? Do you see two swatches then?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 4:03 AM
did you remember to hit COMMIT, I always forget to do that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 5:30 PM
Whiterider, yes. Two swatches show up, but they don't behave in the way they do in CTU.

Omegastarr, I don't think my changes would show up in CTU if I hadn't hit commit. I do that a lot too.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:31 AM
My guess is that it's your RGB mask has no alpha channel - I saved it as DXT1, which automatically adds an alpha, replaced it in your package, and it works. Also could be it doesn't like uncompressed format, but I doubt it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 4:07 PM
Thanks, I'll have a look at that and let you know. I've had a lot of trouble with using the wrong format so I probably should have guessed...

Anyway, your help is very much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time to test this myself soon. And double-thanks for posting a screenshot too.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:55 PM
There is nothing wrong in the textures in my opinion, 3 recolors use a DXT1noalpha while 4 recolors use DXT5withinterpolated alpha.
Could be that CTU only can handle the DXT5 or needs a alpha layer.

Not sure if you need to change the meshcomments for a recolor but i would try that on a new package and see if that makes a diffrence.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:33 PM
I've used alphaless DDS files in CTU before without any problem. I guess it could be a problem with the channel settings or possibly the mask type (in the Other tab - RGB for 1-3 channels, RGBA for 4-channel, I dunno what happens if you use the wrong one).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:08 AM
same here, so not sure why this is happening.
It should work with a DXT1 mask without a alpha layer.