Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:33 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 21st Aug 2008 at 11:37 PM.
Default What's the easiest/best way to find Expansion info on an object?
Preamble: In Object Workshop when I'm creating a recolor and click on a Maxis object, the 'Expansion' field says 'None'; posted at the SimPE forum, it's a known bug.

Question: So, if I come up with a recolor I want to share, where the heck do I find the expansion pack info on the object I've recolored?

I feel positive that there's an easy/simple way to find the expansion pack data, I'm just drawing a blank at the moment.

Please don't boot this thread because I've stuck it in the wrong place! I dutifully searched the forums and checked the Creators Guideline forum, but couldn't find the Compatibility FAQ without going through the upload process.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:04 PM
Try here: http://delphster.net/cep/

You can look up the object by name there and it'll tell you the EP/SP.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:44 PM
Thank you so much for your quick response!

During my search for this info, I stumbled across the link to the CEP database; I tried the CEP database on the 'Four Star Ceiling Lamp' and (after leaving it alone for a few minutes) got the result "Searching for: four star ceiling lamp"; when I put in 'ceiling lamp' this particular 'victorian' ceiling lamp didn't come up in the results...
I've recolored this ceiling and matching wall lamp and don't have a clue which EP/SP they came in, only that it's not base game, because I have Basegame Starter...
So, I was hoping the info was located in one of the tools we use, and I had just missed it somewhere...

Is it ok if we leave this thread 'ongoing' for a bit in case someone has another suggestion?

I appreciate your time!

Addendum: I went back to the CEP database and tried the numbers in parentheses beside the object in Object workshop - for the Four Star Ceiling Lamp they are 0X7F2E5743 - still no luck... I wonder if I should clone it to get the GUID or something? ~really racking my brain~
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 6:27 PM
A way:
- clone the object (into some temporary file which you'll delete after checking)
- look into a resource of type CTSS - there's usually exactly one in each object
Now, CTSS resource has one string pair - the 'string' is the object description you see in game, and 'description' is what you want to see: it's usually something like:
- 'Sims2 - Batch <number> - Needs Translation' - this means it's from base game
- or, say, 'Sims2EP3 - Batch <number> - Needs Translation' - this means it's from EP3
I usually use this method when I have doubts.

Or, since you seem to have Pets according to your profile, there's a simpler way for you. Just put 'boolprop showcatalogEPflags true' to your userstartup.cheat, and you'll see required expansion in game, when you click on object.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 12:37 AM
Ahhhh!! I will save these instructions to a text file! Thank you so much!

Shall we call this solved, or leave the thread open for more suggestions?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 12:01 PM
The CEP database is not quite up to date (only has up to bon voyage and not ikea etc) so it's likely that if the guid or the original item cannot be found then it might be in that.

I wonder where the game gets the information displayed by the showcatalogEPflags...

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 3:40 PM
Aside:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the fix for SimPE was as simple as linking to the cheat somehow or something?

I appreciate the CEP tool very much Delphy!

The particular lighting I was looking for was in the Teen Style stuff pack...

Even with the cheat turned on, Kitchen and Bath and Ikea show as "Available In *blank* " in the game catalog.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 11:36 PM
Alrighty, between the cheat referenced above and the CEP database, I guess we'll call this solved! Thanks everyone for the help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 1:34 AM
Update: The expansion pack data is now listed in Object Workshop in SimPE's latest QA build (before Apartment Life)! ~~thanks to Paul and Inge!!~~ So, If you're a member of the QA forum, you can have a version of SimPE that displays the expansion pack info!
Fluffy
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:19 AM
for the sake of completeness,
if you own pets or later ep's, there's also a cheat code to check in game. This will add little flags to the catalog.

quoting Britannicadreams:
boolprop ShowCatalogePFlags [true/false] - activates labels in the detail view of each Buy mode and Build mode objects to show which product they came from (EP or SP)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 12:57 AM
Thank You!! I needed this info!!!

*.* ~Sehana~
Sehana Fortress.com | Entertainment | Sims2 | Sims3 | Blog | Twitter |