Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 8:42 PM
Problem with recolouring Maxis Sunflowers (in a vase)
I made some recolours for the Sunflowers and tested them in game.They worked fine but there also appeared a meshlike version of the sunflowers in the buy catalog (next to the recolours I made) so I took out my recolours and started my game again but the meshlike version of the sunflowers are still there.I can even place it.Is it safe to delete these in game?, because I don't know how else to get rid of it.And more important what did I do wrong?.I'll post a pic of my problem on photobucket.Here is the link:http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/...femme/sims%202/

Hope anyone know how to fix this
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:56 PM
First try deleting the thumbnail file.

EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails

The game will regenerate this file the next time you start it up. It does not refresh the file each time you start, so if you have a 'bad' thumbnail from something you fixed it will continue to show in the catalog -- even though the actual item no longer looks anything like that funky first-time thumbnail.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 3:38 PM
Okay I did not know that so I'll give it a try.Thanks for your reply
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 3:57 PM
Tried it and it did't work.I can't delete the thing in game eighter.I thought I could but I must have been too sleepy last night.I don't know what to try next.I have a back up but it's atleast a week old and I've been playing alot so I'm not that keen to place it back.Any suggestions anyone?.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 5:00 PM
Save your game and back it up. Then delete the sunflowers directly from the download folder. If the 'bad' sunflowers were in game, they should default back to original sunflowers with no real harm done.

If that is not the case, things might be starting to become corrupt. Reload your back up, move the sims out of the house and make them a new place (after deleting sun flowers from DL folder.) Corruption tends to get worse & then suddenly crash.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 5:30 PM
I already removed the recolours out of my download folder.I was testing them on a empty lot in a custom neighberhood I use just for looking at and testing my new recolours,when I saw the meshlike object I removed my recolours but the object still appears in the buy catalog.I'll use my backup from last week and see what happens.I apriciate your help.I recolour Maxis objects all the time and this has never happened.I'm having a bad week
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 5:55 PM
I placed back my back up of last week (before I made the Sunflower recolour) and my buy catalog still shows the duplicate mesh so I guess I have done something really stupid that corrupted the original Maxis Sunflowers.I think I'll just have to reinstall all my games to fix this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 9:55 PM
Okay so I was panicking a little but everything is solved now.I pulled out my whole download folder and everything was fine in the buy catalog so there was one bad file still in there I just did't find it before.Found it now so thanks for your help.I'm off playing again :D
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:39 PM
Glad it worked out. Have fun!

Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 8:17 PM
Ohhh WAIT!!! Don't quit this thread yet - please!

Please tell me where to find the blasted PlantHouseSunflower mesh? It's something I've wanted to mess with for a LONG time, but I can't find the blasted mesh file.

Thank you,
Cat
(PS - Yes I'm mildly proficient at SimPE)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#11 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 2:31 AM
It's under Decorative/Plants in SimPE.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 7:00 PM
Thanks Dee, but that doesn't help me.

All I want to do (for now...) is change it's price. So, all I need is the obj file - to extract and change.

When I open the Base Game "object.package", and scroll through all the object IDs I can't for the life of me find a planthousesunflower. Where is it?

Thanks!

I've repriced just about everything in the catalog, I just can't find this item!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:27 AM
Could it have been overridden by some custom content?
That's the only thing I can think of if you can't find it, sorry!

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:44 PM
If your editing the actual object.package for your game I hope your not sharing houses? Cause this will give an incorrect value for the lot.

But have you tried using object workshop to clone to find the actual name? The cres name is plantHouseSunFlower but the OBJD is vase-sunflowers.