Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 12:41 AM
Default Diffuse / alpha / multiplier invisible (goes transparent) in-game: fine in TSRW
Just what the title says. The TSRW preview looks exactly as it should, but once I take the file in-game, the clothing texture does not appear, and instead all you can see is the nude skin texture over the mesh.

A few notes:
  • Mesh was created in Blender, ported to Milkshape as a wavefront obj. Seams were split with Model Cleaner and joint assignments were copied manually in Milkshape using the Unimesh Bone Tool. The result was exported as a GEOM file.
  • Morph meshes were created from the exported GEOM with CMarNYC's Mesh Toolkit, and exported, along with the base GEOM, as a .wso file, for import into TSRW.
  • The WSO file for LOD1 was imported into TSRW (I decided to just leave the cloned BG meshes for LODs 2/3). It should be noted that TSRW did not allow me to link previously imported textures to the new meshes, as it threw up an error (D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA: Invalid data (-2005529767)) every time I tried to do that.
  • In an attempt to nix some of my redundant textures, I exported the file out of TSRW as sims3pack, converted it to package, then opened it up with S3PE. I went in the GEOM files for each LOD and edited the texture references so they would point to the files I imported.

Does anyone see where the process might have gone wrong? Or what can cause this issue?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spoonsthings
Just what the title says. The TSRW preview looks exactly as it should, but once I take the file in-game, the clothing texture does not appear, and instead all you can see is the nude skin texture over the mesh.

A few notes:
  • Mesh was created in Blender, ported to Milkshape as a wavefront obj. Seams were split with Model Cleaner and joint assignments were copied manually in Milkshape using the Unimesh Bone Tool. The result was exported as a GEOM file.
  • Morph meshes were created from the exported GEOM with CMarNYC's Mesh Toolkit, and exported, along with the base GEOM, as a .wso file, for import into TSRW.
  • The WSO file for LOD1 was imported into TSRW (I decided to just leave the cloned BG meshes for LODs 2/3). It should be noted that TSRW did not allow me to link previously imported textures to the new meshes, as it threw up an error (D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA: Invalid data (-2005529767)) every time I tried to do that.
  • In an attempt to nix some of my redundant textures, I exported the file out of TSRW as sims3pack, converted it to package, then opened it up with S3PE. I went in the GEOM files for each LOD and edited the texture references so they would point to the files I imported.

Does anyone see where the process might have gone wrong? Or what can cause this issue?

Hey ^-^

This is really common with the latest TSRW. It's a bit broken since they tried to make it compatible with the sims 4. If your CC project is a sims 3 project, I would switch over to an older version of TSRW.

You can get an older version of TSRW from my blog: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Hey ^-^

This is really common with the latest TSRW. It's a bit broken since they tried to make it compatible with the sims 4. If your CC project is a sims 3 project, I would switch over to an older version of TSRW.

You can get an older version of TSRW from my blog: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

Hey! Thanks for the help. Only thing is, I was using the version of TSRW that QuizicalGin uploaded, which was already not updated for TS4. I tried uninstalling that version of TSRW (2.0.72) and installing your version (2.0.172) that is compatible with TS4, and that one just plain won't let me upload textures at all.

Do you have any clue what exactly TSRW could be doing wrong that it's throwing up errors like this? It seems to me fixing it with TSRW itself is out of the question. If TSRW borked the reference between the DDS and the GEOM file, then it seems plugging in the instance ID manually (like I did in the last step) should have solved the issue, but it didn't. So I'm really at a loss here.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spoonsthings
Hey! Thanks for the help. Only thing is, I was using the version of TSRW that QuizicalGin uploaded, which was already not updated for TS4. I tried uninstalling that version of TSRW (2.0.72) and installing your version (2.0.172) that is compatible with TS4, and that one just plain won't let me upload textures at all.

Do you have any clue what exactly TSRW could be doing wrong that it's throwing up errors like this? It seems to me fixing it with TSRW itself is out of the question. If TSRW borked the reference between the DDS and the GEOM file, then it seems plugging in the instance ID manually (like I did in the last step) should have solved the issue, but it didn't. So I'm really at a loss here.

Sorry for the late reply >-< I thought I checked if there were any new replies, but anyway, I knew QuizicalGin's TSRW is a bit broken as well and I have no idea if something got corrupted or she replaced the download or anything. The first version of TSRW that was compatible with TS4 already caused the errors you're mentioning here. And we're like 4 versions further and there is an improvement, but still no actual fix for the Import/export.
I just checked if the version I posted actually had a sims 4 path (because I have like 3 versions of TSRW on my computer... hehe) But apparently it did, and I can remember when I was converting some TS4 clothes to TS3, that with doing 1.72, it simply doesn't read the TS4 path. I used a newer version which I don't have the download of anymore, to export the mesh. The thing why it worked was because I replaced the plugin folder with an older plugin folder from TSRW. I don't recommend to do that now, since I have noticed that the latest version... doens't really like the idea of the plugin being replaced and the import/export gets a but repaired but not fully. At least not in the way as most CC creators need TSRW to act.

If you imported your mesh in TSRW, it's basically that you didn't apply 'align normals' in Milkshape 3D (which is mostly my case), the bones aren't correctly applied, which I guess is not the case here, Or you didn't call it group_base but GEOM_1. (so you need to call it group_base, which means that this is the first morph where we all start from when we make CC like clothing, hair, etc). TSRW's errors aren't really clear most of the time, they just tell you about some weird code name, which I had to discover myself as well. Though, there is one thing, which I guess is not really the case if you have the sims 3 running on the same computer (or maybe more games), but I saw on the TSRW forum that the problem could also be the version of DirectX you're running: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...to-an-instance/

And I guess this one is helpful as well (scroll to the bottom): http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...errorscrashing/

I hope one of these things works. But what are you trying to make? Clothes? Hair? Accessory? Something else?