Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 11:21 PM
for some reason when I open my SimPE and open the scan folder, the options at the bottom do not appear, when I try to expand the box I still am not able to see the rest of the options that even allows me to scan...

Kristen
Live Love Laugh...and PLAY THE SIMS
and Join our Sims Group...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamsimplyspoiled
for some reason when I open my SimPE and open the scan folder, the options at the bottom do not appear, when I try to expand the box I still am not able to see the rest of the options that even allows me to scan...

Exactly the same thing happened to me, Spoiled! I even tried completely deleting SimPE from my computer and re-downloading it, but that didn't work either. Maybe something corrupts the program every time I download it, but I can't figure out what the problem is. If anyone figures it out, I would also appreciate it!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 12:47 AM
I think it's just a problem of visualization. Can you both please post a screenshot of your "Scan Folder" window?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#29 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:22 AM
hello wise and wonderful Numenor,

I am also having that same problem
even when i drag the window
the bottom tabs never show
it just expands the white space in the center
here's the pic after i tried to expand
(sorry it's so small)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:22 AM
I see... Seems that SimPE has a problem adapting itself to your screen resolution...
What resolution do you use? Do you use a widescreen monitor?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 2:59 AM
my res is 1024 x 768,
i tried 800 x 600 but it didn't help
and i don't use a widescreen
so who knows?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:34 PM
I've reported your problem on the SimPE forum, where hopefully someone will take care of the problem.
If you want to track the thread by yourself, here is the link:
http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/si...window-resizing

Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:59 PM
I need some help regarding this. I'm sure anyone who has done this can help. When using SimPE version 0.58 (the newest one), after selecting a size and clicking "set Shelve Dimension", nothing happens. The size remains Unknown 1 or 2. Anyone know what the problem is?

:EDIT:

Whoops, turns out I just needed to scan the folder again. Hehehe......
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 6:30 AM
Thanks so much for this. You're a genius, as always!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#35 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 10:04 AM
Amazingly lacking in pain - thanks Numenor.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:54 PM
thank you!!!
it was very easy to follow~*kisses*~
Field Researcher
#37 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 4:13 AM
Thank you Numenor for another great hack... very simple instructions.. heck.. even Hairfish could do it... (he he he) *wink*

If you dare to visit the world of the undead.. click my link, and steady yourself.... mmmm, blood, give me blood...

If you click that link, write me at [email protected] let me know so I don't sever you ;-)
Inventor
#38 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 3:41 PM
It looks like I'll need to try the hack. Unfortunately, my simpe, even after shrinking my text to normal, will not show anything but the top and the big white block, I don't even see tabs. Perhaps when the new version comes out, I'll be able to use it then.

Of course, I could go in and give everything a weight, but.....headache inducing even the thought of it.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 6:59 AM
Reyn,

Just curious if you got your SimPE to work. I responded a while back to Numenor's thread at the SimPE forum (see link at message #32). After changing my text height, I had to reboot for the scanner window to work right. I haven't heard of any other problems. I hope you get yours to work.
Inventor
#40 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:52 PM
Thanks, and I did look at that thread as well But, so far, no luck. Of course, I haven't checked back to see if it worked or not after booting, either.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:42 PM
Thank you!
OMG!! I was looking everywhere for this information!!

And this tutorial is easy, simple, and it works!!

THANK YOU Numenor, and to everyone behind the SimPE! :lovestruc

If I could hit the thanks button 100 times for this, I would! ^^
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:47 AM
Thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 5:30 PM
Hi, I have a question that may be very stupid, but can you change the shelve dimension of objects that already have one? Like change big into small? Or does it only work for objects which are unknown?

Thanks.

Great tut though!

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:07 AM
You can safely select items that already have a shelf dimension, and change it the same way as for the "unknown" ones; the new setting will completely replace the old one.

Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 2:52 AM
Thanks! This helped a lot.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 12:18 PM
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work you put in to making my game better.

Thank you so much for all you do, and especially for your patience and teaching. What would we all do without you?

centime
Scholar
#47 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 1:46 AM
So I've been trying to do this without success.

Let's see if I'm doing it right. I opened "tools --scanner." I checked and the folder to scan is the downloads folder, and I checked the recursive box. I unchecked all the scan options except the OFB shelf dimension, and I checked that. I clicked scan.

It scanned. It gave me a long list of objects in red, labelled objects, with "unknown1" or "unknown2" as their shelf dimension.

I selected objects (I tried different objects, and different combinations of single and multiple objects, and always got the same results). Under operations, I found the drop-down menu and selected a size (I tried different sizes, and got the same results, except with multitile). The "set shelve dimesnion" turned into a blue link, except when I tried multitile, when it didn't change. I clicked it. Nothing happened to the object. And when I moved away from the object, the drop-down menu for that object returned to "unknown."

I'm missing something. What is it? Can you tell? I don't have anything to show, or more details, because nothing happened.
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 10:34 PM
is it free?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:51 PM
Sure. Both SimPE... and this tutorial are completely, absolutely, entirely FREE

Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:11 PM
Do you click save after you change the files?
Page 2 of 3