Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
My main disappointment is that the game kicks the hell out of my computer. I'm running a machine at the low end of acceptable spec-age (2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia 7600GT graphics). Bridgeport is pretty rough on my system (but it looks gorgeous). When the welcoming party showed up, I decided to have Maxi form a group and take them all out to the nearest dive bar. He formed the group with the first visitor at 1pm, by the time he had invited the other two sims it was already 3:30pm. They didn't get down the elevator and out to the street until about 6pm. Then they sat in their car (I don't know, maybe they were passing a joint around or something) until about 7pm. They didn't actually walk in the front door of the bar until almost 9pm, at which point, Maxi immediately peed himself. Slick. I guess it's time to invest in a better machine.

Get Twallan's Relativity mod.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:22 AM
the puking/gagging is getting on my nerves too. I am not even playing in the new town, but in my old one with my legacy and about every 3 seconds someone will gag... they did NOT do this before I got the EP. I hate that noise .. it's gross! There is no garbage or anything like that in the house and there is never any negative moodlet to warrant the gagging... they just do it all the time.

The other things that I am not liking is the new EP has borked my building tool. The marker that used to follow along as I built walls and things has poofed and it's been a little difficult to lay walls and floors and most things because of it. Also when adding items or taking them away the plus signs or the little star explosion of them being deleted STAYS! So then after you have deleted enough things or added enough you can no longer see the lot to build again. And even exiting the lot and then going back in doesn't make them go away.. they even stay while in map view. Here is a picture so you can see what I mean. i donno if any one else has had this, but it's very annoying.

Can't wait for that first patch to come out.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:11 AM
only just started playing it, but the typical annoyance that ea put in their other towns is in the new town too.
not being able to put any new/large lots because they very annoyingly decided to make most of the terrain unroutable and shoved tons of roads on the map.
was lucky to find one spot to put a 64x64lot, its not even against a street and i had to demolish an empty small house to place it.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaeger
Get Twallan's Relativity mod.

I may have to give that a try. I did turn down my graphics a notch and I removed the test version of awesomemod (AM has always slowed my game down a bit) and the game moves at a decent pace now.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Scholar
#55 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:58 AM
Impulse had finally gotten to me n I purchased the downloadable version of LN few hrs ago. Well.. 2 hrs have passed and I closed it cause I was a tad bored Didnt think it be this fast. I briefly tried the drinks, new foods, clubs, apartments, hot tub, film career, impressing celebrities, etc. Yea theyre cool.. the scenery is a nice change, but that was about it. I was disappointed on the music alot, its today's mainstream music in which I try to escape from in the game. It also didnt change much of the gameplay, but then again I did not spend to much time on it. I'll guess ill play it more one day..
Banned
#56 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:40 AM
It figures, that it sounds like Late Night was too good to be true. It's really making me reconsider getting it. :/
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:32 AM
I love it. Yes, it has its annoyances, but you can't please everybody all the time, I guess. Other than little minor annoyances that will hopefully be fixed, the only thing that I was really disappointed in was that I thought the apartments were going to be more like the ones in Sims 2. That was a bummer for me, but I am really liking this EP best.
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
The other things that I am not liking is the new EP has borked my building tool. The marker that used to follow along as I built walls and things has poofed and it's been a little difficult to lay walls and floors and most things because of it. Also when adding items or taking them away the plus signs or the little star explosion of them being deleted STAYS! So then after you have deleted enough things or added enough you can no longer see the lot to build again. And even exiting the lot and then going back in doesn't make them go away.. they even stay while in map view. Here is a picture so you can see what I mean. i donno if any one else has had this, but it's very annoying.

I had that problem but it disappeared when I replaced the Ambitions No Mosaic mod with the LN version.
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:18 PM
My girl is learning mixology and I haven't seen her throw up.. Then again, she hasn't been trying out her concoctions either. Lol. And she's friends with vampires (being one herself) and so far, still no puking. I shall have to keep a closer eye on things.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:20 PM
Love the new instruments, do not love the new apartments.

In TS2 I always created our apartment building with lifelike neighbors, but the furniture couldn't be placed correctly - now I can place them correctly but can't create the neighbors! Bah! Have only played for like 30minutes, but what's up with all the people called things like "Vampire Head" constantly visiting me? "And what is the child named?" "Vampire Head!" "I Christen you, Vampire Head, in the name of...!" *Tsssssssss* "Aaaaaaaaaargh!" *smoke and flames*
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle
My girl is learning mixology and I haven't seen her throw up.. Then again, she hasn't been trying out her concoctions either. Lol. And she's friends with vampires (being one herself) and so far, still no puking. I shall have to keep a closer eye on things.

What bar did she use? I used a pre-NL bar. The NL professional bars was too big for the pre made Lenny Shutter's efficiency apartment. And I didn't make him tried it, he would try to flip the glass and would miss, mix the drink and then drink it and then spew it out through an animation loop with the Practice mixing drink command.

If you have the room get one of the bigger bars if you want to go past level 3 at home.
Scholar
#62 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:06 PM Last edited by suzetter : 11th Nov 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Or you can walk into a dive bar and temporarily be the mnixologist. The sims gets mixology skill points and tips for doing that ( which is weird that they make drinks and get tips with no customers --but hey!)

I'm so disappointed inthe acting/directing careers. EA mentioned shooting b roll about town but I haven't seen anything like that and I have two level 4 & 5 actors. Everytime they have work outside of the lot its in a RH. Oh why, oh why, can't we see our Sims act and direct??!! Why???!!! They leave the house in different costumes all the time and then disappear into an RH. Why bother with the costumes if we never get to see them perform!! This really sucks.

However, I like the clubs, bands, and apt living.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Banned
#63 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:26 PM
The bars start filling up if you remove the ropes. Just go into "edit town" and select build/buy for the bar building and delete the ropes.

The ropes don't seem to work very well. I have a level 5 celebrity with the "always on the list" reward who cannot get past the ropes for a level 2 celebrity. I have yet to see a bouncer!

If you think about it, Bridgeport simply is not big enough to have these things. It's just mathematics. How many celebrities in town? How many at level 2 or 3? How many nightclubs? Just not enough celebrities to go around. To make it work, the game either needs a lot more celebrities, or fewer nightclubs. Even in real life, most nightclubs do not have the luxery of turning away paying customers. Those that do tend to be pretty famous.

Once you eliminate the ropes, the places fill up nicely.
Test Subject
#64 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM Last edited by KieraNichole : 30th Oct 2010 at 6:47 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
I got the game the day it came out and LOVE it!! I'm sorry but I think it's better than the other packs. half walls, new instruments, they even have actual clothes that I love and really decent hair styles, one of them I really really like even. I only have 1 issue, but even with this issue the game still runs great. (For some reason it says the launcher has stopped working and is debugging....yet the game starts and runs great...wierd) I love this pack!!! I haven't had any of the stuff happen that has been mentioned above and I have my sims go out every night and party and I have a couple different sims with more than one star. Actually, there is one thing...I wish there were more house lots in the new town. The tool to make your own lots is very horrible but the house lots is really my only complaint.

I will say, however that I never played Sims before Sims 3. Many people compare it to the other games but I am new to it all, so maybe that is why I like it so much....
Test Subject
#65 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle

I have a girl in mixology...level 8 and no throwing up either. She's not a vampire and does try her concoctions. She turns her head and sticks her tongue out but that's it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
Here is a picture so you can see what I mean. i donno if any one else has had this, but it's very annoying.

Can't wait for that first patch to come out.
Did you divide by zero? Stuff like this tends to be the usual outcome.

Anyway, I also don't like the lack of new foods and music. There are no new foods and one new music. I was hoping they would add rock or something, but no. We get frickin' hip hop. *facepalm*

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Alchemist
#67 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KieraNichole
I got the game the day it came out and LOVE it!! I'm sorry but I think it's better than the other packs. half walls, new instruments, they even have actual clothes that I love and really decent hair styles, one of them I really really like even. I only have 1 issue, but even with this issue the game still runs great. (For some reason it says the launcher has stopped working and is debugging....yet the game starts and runs great...wierd) I love this pack!!! I haven't had any of the stuff happen that has been mentioned above and I have my sims go out every night and party and I have a couple different sims with more than one star. Actually, there is one thing...I wish there were more house lots in the new town. The tool to make your own lots is very horrible but the house lots is really my only complaint.

I will say, however that I never played Sims before Sims 3. Many people compare it to the other games but I am new to it all, so maybe that is why I like it so much....

Kiera you're actually playing it from the best perspective. No prior Sims experience. Personally I love what the expansion adds to the overall game. No matter what EA put into it there would be some people not happy. It's kind of hard to please every single simmer considering how many there are. Ambitions is still my favorite expansion, but I do like this one. Now EA, can I get some damn Pets please?
Instructor
#68 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:00 PM
I like every EP that came out for the Sims 3! I like the vacation plots and also that there are Sims from other country visiting my Town!
And I really love ambitions, because there are so many new career opportunities + Late Night some Night action! Only some bugs should be removed and
some changes to the vampires and I have a great pack. Because all 3 together give a great play feeling

I dont like the bugs... well but there are so many nice modders around, with them the games will be even more great
Scholar
#69 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 10:01 PM
Played today and notice something that kind of bugs me. My sim went to a club, it was pretty crowded (at least 12 people). Well.. there was 9 people on the dancefloor dancing.. and all they were doin was dancing facing one direction of an ugly wall, almost like emotionless robots with butt movements xP. The other few were nomming on bar food.. but Im like uhhh why is no one talking to each other, flirtin, annoyin, or interact with each other at all? NOT EVEN DANCIN WITH EACH OTHER?! Its like only my sim im controlling is doing interactions or cares that there is a celebrity. Not a club experience if you ask me xD
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
Another thing that I dislike and am disappointed by is the "greasy foods" emotion. It bothers me. Now you cannot eat a freakin hotdog without your Sim feeling like garbage.

I know! What's up with that? When I eat a hot dog or hamburger every once in a while, I know it's not good for me but I still enjoy the taste!

I'm actually pretty happy with this EP, but it irked me how some of the rabbitholes were merged together. What does the spa have to do with books? How are sims in the military career supposed to train inside City Hall? Needless to say, I did some rearranging with the lots.
Scholar
#71 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 10:32 PM
That dance floor scenario sounds weird. Are you sure you don't have a (dance or party) mod installed that could be causing that? When I first put in my mods folder I couldn't see the venue icons (turns out I had a community mod in the folder--once I took it out everything was fine).

The sim really just stand around talking no matter what they're suppose to be doing or where they are anyway. In the dives they play shuffleboard and darts. They also order drinks and food.

However, in my game I don't think I've seen 12 patrons at a club except for at a private party hosted at a venue (I like the parties at the clubs --though the parties are still very glitchy and awkward and well, sort of sucky --they just suck a little less than before).

It seems that if their signs are compatible you get the romantic interactions right away and there's more of them. I had a libra and cancer sim dating but it was slow going and while they really liked each other the kiss option never came up (neither is gay) but then the guy who is a cancer met a scorpion girl and the first evening they had hold hands, massage, kiss, shy kiss, first kiss, flirtatious joke, admire, etc, etc. So I'm thinking there may be something to the astrological stuff (or maybe not).

Funny, I think people mainly complain about TS3 because of all the many things they don't put in (like me complaining about there being no non-RH activities for acting and directing careers -- is it laziness or lameness?)

There is new food -- the bar food is new --the plates all look different but the eating animation is all the same. I like that the drinks look different and I think its funny there's a drink shelf over the urinals for the sims drink. Also my male sims always whistle when at a public urinal.

I've only seen one sim throw up (outside of Waylon's Haunt) and it was a townie/npc so I don't know what lead up to that.

I like that Sims can learn drink recipes just by seeing a bartender make that drink.

I like that the RH's were combined. Why waste all that real estate when the sims evaporate once they enter the building?

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Mad Poster
#72 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 10:45 PM
I love the new hairs especially for the women - they're really beautiful. Another thing I love is how when your sim invites another sim out, they're now a group and you can go to different places and they'll stay together.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I love the new hairs especially for the women - they're really beautiful. Another thing I love is how when your sim invites another sim out, they're now a group and you can go to different places and they'll stay together.
Eh, hair styles are OK, but one of the dresses removes one of the sims' legs. WTF, EA?!

But, yes, the group system is pretty nifty, I'll give them that much.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Scholar
#74 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
That dance floor scenario sounds weird. Are you sure you don't have a (dance or party) mod installed that could be causing that? When I first put in my mods folder I couldn't see the venue icons (turns out I had a community mod in the folder--once I took it out everything was fine).

The sim really just stand around talking no matter what they're suppose to be doing or where they are anyway. In the dives they play shuffleboard and darts. They also order drinks and food.

However, in my game I don't think I've seen 12 patrons at a club except for at a private party hosted at a venue (I like the parties at the clubs --though the parties are still very glitchy and awkward and well, sort of sucky --they just suck a little less than before).

Nope, only mod i used is story progression, and I deleted it before installing. I actually had around that many people at another bar I went to (around 8-10 people) but there was no dance floor so I didnt notice anything odd. They were interacting there, just not at the club (The Grind)
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
It figures, that it sounds like Late Night was too good to be true. It's really making me reconsider getting it. :/

Don't give up! I actually love it and haven't gotten ANY bugs. If you liked Night Life, you'll love Late Night. If not, then it probably wont be too fun for you..
Page 3 of 9