Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
In the Arena
retired moderator
#426 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 2:27 PM
Sorry, missed the post, @butterfly-dreamer13. Do you still need help?

You can delete the WPID resources over again by using S3PE and opening the .world file. That should let you resave the world again, with all new Name, Description and Image when you next load it in CAW.

Which UNKN resources? There are a lot.

The foggyness is tied to the world's type UNKN 0x296A6258, I believe. I could be wrong as I haven't messed with that particular resource much. So, you can ignore the part about deleting this resource if you still want to retain Bridgeport as a City world and retain all its characteristics.

Or, it might be in the _INI files. And for that you need to use SuperCaw, as the regular CAW won't retain this information.
More info
- www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=485709 (you'd be doing the opposite, instead of removing, you'd want to get the files out of the original Bridgeport and place it in the folder as shown in the SuperCaw tutorial)
- www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#427 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:12 PM
Hi simsample,

I know, there is a way to 'clone' Al Simhara
and flag it as an egyptian surburb...

But I liked the loading screen from Al Simhara
And would like to have it in my cloned/flagged Al Simhara

When it can be done,
I would like to add the loading screen sound from Al Simhara too

Hope you can help me...

Greets,
Jawusa

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#428 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 10:28 PM
humble question - before I go through CAW and S3PE.

If I edit a premade world, lets say, Bridgeport, will it work in a pre-saved game or it's a change that just shows up when I start a new game?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#429 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 3:44 PM
@Jawusa,
as far as I'm aware, the loading screens are in the FullBuilds of a pack, not in any of the .world files. You cannot change it for a specific world as it would affect loading screens of all the packs & base game.

@vlad-sch,
depends on patch version.

Before 1.4x, the answer is yes, changes would show in pre-saved games. Still depends on what you change, I would think. But so far for what I did for the routing fixes and intersections, those changes show up in pre-saves.

After 1.4x, you'd have to start a new game to make the changes in an edited premade show up.
Test Subject
#430 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:52 PM
hm I got it, thank you ella :D
Top Secret Researcher
#431 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 11:03 PM
I've been trying to piece together information from the various threads on this subject.

I would like to edit Sunlit Tides with my existing game save. I'm trying to duplicate Cassie's instructions from this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=418812

I imported the Sunlit Tides .world into a new CAW save, deleted the lots layers, then imported the .nhd from my save. After that I got an error in CAW and was unable to open the world file, though.

Is there a step I missed? Or an easier way to do this? I was wondering, for instance, if I could import all of ST's files into a new world save, including the WPID (doesn't that give the world its identity?), and then export and install the world (allowing it to overwrite the installed version of ST), and move my .nhd into the saves folder?
Test Subject
#432 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 10:53 PM
I have stupid question, I looked through this thread and found no straightforward fix but maybe some good soul can help me. I wanted to edit user-made world, and so i exported it by first method (as i always do), i got it in CAW successfully, but now when I want to EIG or just simply save it, CAW just seems to munch on it forever and never completes the save. It goes just right with unpacked EA worlds or ones made by me. Anyone have an idea of what might have gone wrong? I tried saving without making any changes to the world and it saves, though with a bunch of errors. I also tried this with a different user-made world and results were identical.
Test Subject
#433 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:46 AM
I used S3PE to try to gain back my own world that I lost the original files to and all went well until it was time to export my world in CAW.

CAW simply tells me that the Export Failed.

Is there a log somewhere that tells more specifically why it is that CAW export failed so that I can get my world back to update it in CAW once again.

Thanks
Forum Resident
#434 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:00 PM
whiskeywyn
Have you tried cleaning the global layer?

Quote: Originally posted by kuplo
I used S3PE to try to gain back my own world that I lost the original files to and all went well until it was time to export my world in CAW.

CAW simply tells me that the Export Failed.

Is there a log somewhere that tells more specifically why it is that CAW export failed so that I can get my world back to update it in CAW once again.

Thanks

Here's a few things to try:

Make a copy of the caw files, remove the Sims 3 folder from your docs, and try to export.
Clean the global layer. Instructions up in the Tutorials section.

If both of those fail, I can try and fiddle with them. Upload the Caw files, and the original .sims3pack you used to take it back into caw.
http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t308-tut...-files-to-share
You can pm me with them.
Test Subject
#435 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:33 PM
Oh hey, just today I decided to take up this project again and here's an answer to my old post. I followed your advice and cleaned the Global Layer but the problem persists, though now CAW manages to create backups. Still no proper save though. When saving without making any changes to the world I got an error again, but instead of rendering the file completely useless it spat out something like a "lite" version of the world - all world layers and everything that was on them were gone but roads and terrain paint were intact. Sooo I just deleted lot layers (there were two) and it saved okay. Is it possible to figure out which lot(s) specifically cause the problem?
Test Subject
#436 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:04 PM
Ok, I am way out of my league trying this, but I really like to do a new town instead of Lucky Palms with just the terrain and landscaping etc. I tried the tutorial by Inkantator, but when I looked for Lucky Palms under C:/Program files I couldn't find it. Where can I find the store worlds? I can only spot them under installed worlds in documents and when I tried to import from there I got an error from S3PE . Is it even possible to edit store worlds? I tried with Starlight Shores and the import worked like a charm
Forum Resident
#437 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:03 PM
Yes you can, but you have to decrapify the .world file. You can get the Recompresor/decrapifyer at MATY. I have a tut at Simlogical which is the same as inkanators, but has the link to the tool you need, and a explanation of the extra steps required for store worlds.

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...70.html#msg8570
Test Subject
#438 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 2:31 AM
I've found the perfect island world for what I want to do. Got it imported into CAW with no problem. The only issue I'm having is the trees. This beautiful tropical island is covered with evergreens and other"not so tropical" trees.

Is there any way to mass find/replace one object with another? There's probably upwards of 5000 trees on this island, it'd take me a year to delete and replace every tree one at a time. I'm just trying to find an easier way.
Forum Resident
#439 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:10 AM
The trees and plants should be clustered, so you can delete each cluster. However, you'll have to place each tree and plant individually, which gives you much more control.
Test Subject
#440 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:49 PM
Thank you, it worked!
Test Subject
#441 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 4:35 PM
Alright, so I followed the tutorial so I could open a world I want to play In-Game. However even after making it a new world, I crashed CAW. The message said there may be corrupt files. I just want to know how one pulls out the corrupt files, because I can't get the Original Creator of the world to talk to me at all. I'm not looking to re-upload her work, I just want to be able to play the world she built, as it is so beautiful.

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3155132
If you could find out what is corrupted that would be wonderful because truly it has eaten up all the brain power I could give it.
Test Subject
#442 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 2:49 PM
I want to change the EA World Midnight Hollow.
I did everything that's described in the tutorial.

When I open the world-file in CAW it doesn't recognize the special Midnight Hollow trees.
Instead it shows one tree type for every tree/plant.
When I'm putting the package-Files of the special Midnight Hollow trees into the CAW-Mods-Packages-Folder,
CAW needs a couple of minutes to start. Everytime I want to load the World in CAW it's not finished loading even after waiting 30 minutes.

Do you see the items/trees of your EA Worlds in CAW?
Just for information: I have the steam version of Sims.

Thanks in advance,
Thjodolf
In the Arena
retired moderator
#443 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:46 AM
@Onaakakit,
do you still need help? You want to actually edit that world to your specifications or just play it as-is?

@Thjodolf,
Did you edit the .cfg as instructed in the CAW CC framework tutorial or used your own path?
If you followed it exactly, the resource.cfg for the CAW CC framework is without "Mods", so instead of CAW-Mods-Packages-Folder, try CAW-Packages-Folder?
Test Subject
#444 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 7:49 PM
@ellacharmed
Thanks for your answer.
I have mixed that up with the packages folder you need to create for the game.
I have done the steps of the tutorial again and now having no problems.
Field Researcher
#445 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:47 AM
I tried this method to add some street lights and addresses in Brightwater Bay Everything went pretty good except for when I install the newly edited world the custom weather is gone and the distant terrain (which is a separate package file by the original creator) is missing too. Any suggestions how to fix it?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#446 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:31 PM
If it is offered separately, there's probably a reason. Did the original creator offer the steps to incorporate them into their original world?

Otherwise, this may be possible in SuperCAW. We have a thread on here about that, probably in the CAW Resources subsection.
Field Researcher
#447 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
If it is offered separately, there's probably a reason. Did the original creator offer the steps to incorporate them into their original world?

Otherwise, this may be possible in SuperCAW. We have a thread on here about that, probably in the CAW Resources subsection.

Thanks, I'll look it up. About the custom weather, I think I had a success exporting the .ini files from the original world and import them into the edited one. But I still get this weird itch that something else might be missing.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#448 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 4:25 AM
Opps, sorry! The SuperCAW thread is in the CAW-Tutorial subsection, not Resources.
Test Subject
#449 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 8:53 AM
Hello !
I need your help,
I edit Brigport with your tuto but i can't export my world when he's finished ...
I don't know what is the problem ...
Can you help me, please
In the Arena
retired moderator
#450 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 10:19 AM
Do you get an error message, when you try to export? What is it?
Page 18 of 23