Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:48 AM
Wow, this is just what I needed, I always hesitate to upload my homes because they tend to look very similar, this give me so many ideas. Thanks so much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:07 PM
Default Cool tutorial
Nice job.
Test Subject
#78 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 10:57 PM
Hi! I loved this tutorial, it's going to slowly make me break away from box houses...

I'm just wondering where you got that fence? In the back, the final result picture. Is it from an EP or from a site? Would you be willing to share?

Thank you! :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 8:47 AM
The privacy fence is found over on TSR:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down.../fences/278905/

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#80 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for the tut.

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Test Subject
#81 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 11:32 AM
That after house is gorgeous! Is it kicking around for downloading? I'd love to have it, as I wouldn't be able to make anything as good!

Thanks for the tips =)

Some people are like slinkies. Useless, but awesome fun to push down the stairs.

So theres a sims 3. So What? I'm happy with sims2.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 9:34 PM
peedieprincess... The "after" house in the tutorial is not available for download. But try using this tutorial and building it yourself instead! :D

Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 5:14 PM
thanks bp! this is really really helpful!!
Test Subject
#84 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 2:56 PM
This tutorial is a great help for the beginner. Thanks! Now I don't have to download houses. I can create my own.
Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:50 AM
Thanks so much my houses wont e rejeced anymore
Test Subject
#86 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 1:49 PM
How Do U Make Roofs Without Them Going Through The Wall?

Plz me
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blame Halo 3

You're going to have to be a little more detailed about what your problem is... or visit the creator discussion section to ask specific questions.

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:45 PM
This is a great tutorial, I didn't know it was possible to change the angles of the roof. Brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 9:55 AM
This tutorial is awesome. I love building houses, and Ive been working hard to improve my building skills in order to get some lots accepted on here. I do upload to another site as well, and those guys love my stuff, but I want to upload here to share my stuff in return for all the cool stuff I have downloaded in the past.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blame Halo 3

Plz me

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, I have had this happen to me occasionally too. It happens when you "miss" the upper level of the house with the roof tool. It can be annoying but being more careful when placing the roof tool can solve this problem.
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:27 PM
Very Inspiring. The last non boring house I built was on my broken laptop. It was actually kinda cool. As of late, though I have lacked the inspiration. Thanx!
Test Subject
#92 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:59 AM
OMG that house looks so good. Wish kine turned out like yours... But i think i did a good job. Thank you so much for the tutorial.
Scholar
#93 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:11 PM
I thought that I did houses good. Not well, not perfect, but good. Enough rooms and big enough. A bit variety with the slanted Wall part.

But this .. is great.
I gotta try this out now!

C-A
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 2:54 PM
Thank you for this tutorial! I have the HARDEST time w/the roofs. I'm going to try this out next. I've had 2 houses rejected latley..I will attempt a "new" roof and see if that makes a difference. I will try again. I appreciate your time!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier
One died for your soul;
The other for your freedom.
Test Subject
#95 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 4:11 AM
yay. no more boxes for my simmies
Test Subject
#96 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:23 AM
Thanks so much ♥
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:05 AM
Default thanks for the help!
i thought my sim houses were unique and different, but i see uninspired blocks >< thanks for this tutorial and opening my eyes!

i have a potential problem: being a demi god can cause headaches.
Instructor
#98 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
Just stumbled upon this thread by accident and it inspired me to create the following house in TS3. I turned the room on the right side into a garage though. Other than that slight change the basic footprint is the same. Also yea gotta pretty up the house. *sighs* ALWAYS my least favorite part of making homes. ><

Scholar
#99 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:51 PM
Wow, that is interesting and helpful. Thanks for sharing with us, I might try it out.
Instructor
#100 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:35 PM
How did you get the wall on the second floor over the area at the back on the first floor? cant see to do that?
Page 4 of 5